Teeth Whitening

My teeth are quite sensitive (for example if I drink cocktails the night before, my teeth really hurt the next day) - but I used crest whitestrips about 6(?) years ago with GREAT results and I am thinking of trying them again! Is this a really bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just started using listerine whitening mouthwash. it has a small ammount of peroxide in it.
I was worried that whitning toothpaste was too abrasive for my teeth and that this might be safer? does anyone know if it will damage my teeth?

Thanks for the info Meg! i have Day White as well, but I think it's a lower percentage than yours.

mette-marit - I have listerine whitening wash, but I don't use it. There are a few types, but I have the one that you use after brushing your teeth (not the pre-wash one). The issues with it that i know of is:

a) You can't eat or drink 30mins after

b) You can develop the harmless but disgusting black hairy tongue :ninja: sounds rididculous, I know, but it's true, and reading a lot of listerine reviews, particulary pre-wash, some users have developed it. Apparently because the mouthwash is so strong, the good bacteria on the tongue gets killed as well. So do not use it as often as they suggest on the box. Defintely do not use it more than once a day.

c) skin peeling inside mouth

b) possible loss of taste

While it does apparently whiten, the side effects probably aren't worth it.

you can read reviews on Amazon about their pre-wash here (40 out of 70 people gave it 1 star) :doh:
http://www.amazon.com/Listerine-Whi...ageNumber=4&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

I have very sensitive teeth ... anyone with the same have a recommendation that doesn't make you want to kill whoever invented it? :P

I live in the UK as well and whitening toothpaste does nothing for me. I also tried the rapid white 1 week whitening system (I couldn't stick through with doing it everyday for 7 days twice a day though) and it seemed to make a slight difference. The mouth pieces were also too big for my tiny mouth and I felt like that might have effected it as there were huge gaps from where my teeth ended and where the mouth piece was even if I pushed it straight against my teeth. I have sensitive teeth too and the first time I used this my teeth ached a bit but it stopped when I brushed my teeth and never happened again.

My friend Miles told me about this toothpaste. His teeth are sooooooo white, so I had to jump on the band wagon with this one.

21293tl.png

crest3dwhitestripsforsale.us

It has been 2 weeks, and I didn't notice a whiter smile. :doh:

Bumping this up... I just got 4 x 1.3 g of Poladay syringes (9.5% Hydrogen Peroxide) and I was wondering how long each syringe should last/how many applications you'd get out of it?

Depends on the instructions really, but I think as general rule ~0.5 ml for 1 treatment (both arches). So I guess 3 applications from each syringe.

After reading some of this I'm really glad that I'm blesses with naturally white teeth. \
I don't have to do anything more then regular brushing.

Anyone else unhappy about your teeth?

I'm very dissatisfied with my teeth. I envy people with pearly white
teeth. I would LOVE to have teeth like Marilyn Monroe, Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. But unless I won the lottery that would be unattainable.
If I could afford it I would have porcelain veneers on all my teeth.
Can anyone here relate to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->