Teeth Whitening

So if you want to use baking soda, you'd just put some on a brush and brush your teeth? Do you add water? And also, do you just regularly brush your teeth after? And of course, is it completely safe? I don't want anything going wrong with my teeth, so I just want to make sure. Any help is appreciated! :flower:

It can mess up your enamel if you do it too often. I'd recommend doing a commercial product just because they come with directions.

i was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap places to get their teeth whitened in the toronto area?

any information is appreciated!

thanks so much.

:heart:

Just thought I would ask a couple questions..

First of all (sorry if it's a stupid questions) but is there a minimum age out there to start teeth whitening? Should you start at 18+ or can you be younger. (I'm 17..)

Also, would you recommend talking to the dentist before starting any whitening treatment, even if it's just the whitestrips?

And, are there any vitamins or foods that possibly can help your teeth? I know calcium makes them stronger but are there any other remedies.

I'm 17, have braces (getting them off in a couple months, and by then I'll be 18), I don't drink or smoke, or drink coffee and don't plan on doing any of these in the future..

And is there anything cheap and inexpensive you would recommend for just a little whitening. My teeth aren't that bad and I don't need blinding white teeth. I'm thinking the whitestrips because I see how a couple of people have mentioned it before in this thread and the baking soda..

Just thought I would ask a couple questions..

First of all (sorry if it's a stupid questions) but is there a minimum age out there to start teeth whitening? Should you start at 18+ or can you be younger. (I'm 17..)

Also, would you recommend talking to the dentist before starting any whitening treatment, even if it's just the whitestrips?

And, are there any vitamins or foods that possibly can help your teeth? I know calcium makes them stronger but are there any other remedies.

I'm 17, have braces (getting them off in a couple months, and by then I'll be 18), I don't drink or smoke, or drink coffee and don't plan on doing any of these in the future..

And is there anything cheap and inexpensive you would recommend for just a little whitening. My teeth aren't that bad and I don't need blinding white teeth. I'm thinking the whitestrips because I see how a couple of people have mentioned it before in this thread and the baking soda..

I do recommend going to your dentist before starting any whitening treatment. And, imo, I would say the minimum age is 16. As for foods and vitamins, I do know the foods NOT to eat/drink like coffee.

I just started whitening my teeth. I got my own teeth molds, specially fitted and everything, so I just have to put this whitening solution in them and put the molds on overnight. When I did it last week I woke up, just a half an hour after I'd put them on, in pain. It felt like little "zings" zapping at my teeth. So the solution is too strong, I'll have to use the less sensitive one.

But it works a lot better than the crest white strips (which was what I was using before). My mom (who is an othodontist, and also made my teeth molds for free!) said the strips aren't good for you if you use them a lot, because they can harm your gums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do recommend going to your dentist before starting any whitening treatment. And, imo, I would say the minimum age is 16. As for foods and vitamins, I do know the foods NOT to eat/drink like coffee.

I just started whitening my teeth. I got my own teeth molds, specially fitted and everything, so I just have to put this whitening solution in them and put the molds on overnight. When I did it last week I woke up, just a half an hour after I'd put them on, in pain. It felt like little "zings" zapping at my teeth. So the solution is too strong, I'll have to use the less sensitive one.

But it works a lot better than the crest white strips (which was what I was using before). My mom (who is an othodontist, and also made my teeth molds for free!) said the strips aren't good for you if you use them a lot, because they can harm your gums.

I do the same thing to whiten, with the molds and it hurts me too. The next day my teeth hurt and are really sensitive. My dentist told me to put some toothpaste for sensitive teeth in the molds and wear it for a while, and I tried it today and while I was wearing it my teeth felt so much better! Do you wear the molds everynight or just some nights a week?

I used Crest Whitestrips a good year and a half ago, and it made my teeth super white. After I did that, I stopped drinking dark tea/coffee/wine/coke, whatever, and I floss almost every night, and my teeth stayed white!

It was a modern miracle.

Truly though, I'm a dental hygiene buff, and flossing can prevent like 75% of stains on yr teeth.

I use Crest Whitestrips as well. they seem to work well.I tried the brite smile whiteninh, and have to say it was very painful.

I used Crest Whitestrips a good year and a half ago, and it made my teeth super white. After I did that, I stopped drinking dark tea/coffee/wine/coke, whatever, and I floss almost every night, and my teeth stayed white!

It was a modern miracle.

Truly though, I'm a dental hygiene buff, and flossing can prevent like 75% of stains on yr teeth.

I love Crest Whitestrips. They are amazing.

here is an interesting fact i learned from my dentist:
for most people, yellowish teeth means liver problems. changing a diet usually helps and teeth get a lot whiter in about a month or so. contact your doctor/nutricionist (sp?) for blood tests (and such) and advice.

My friends said my teeth are whiter than theres and my brothers used to make fun of me for having two big front teeth but i don't mind my teeth.

my advice would be to brush teeth for 2 minutes, 3 times a day (6 mins total) so then after lunch you don't have food rotting in your teeth until bedtime.

Having them too white is unatural but I have a friend who has really yellow teeth and I would never spend my money on getting them whitened I'd brush and not eat to many sweets, but that's me - I try to find a free/cheaper alternative to eveything :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like noone has posted here for a while but here goes:

has anyone tried 'safe & white' ? I saw a package of the stuff in Boots...
It's apparently 100% safe because it doesn't use peroxide, its active ingredient is oxygen...sounds too good to be true??

www.safeandwhite.com

anyone?

I've also been looking into websites and this one looks a lot safer than some of the others I've come across. e.g http://www.whiteshine.co.uk/

I'll check out 'safe & white' tomorrow when I go into town and may buy it seeing as it's apparently a third off in Boots.

Which whitestrips do you use? Premium? Supreme? Renewal?
I'll have to buy some from eBay. They do sound good.

Has anyone tried BriteSmile? I'm thinking of getting it as the tray's didn't give such a permenant effect.. is BriteSmile effective?

I have used normal crest white strips and they work but after like a month it goes away...I do not want to keep buying it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamballe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->