The 4-5 piece French wardrobe combinations thread

Sounds lovely Ta-ta!:heart:

Thanks to this thread I'm realizing that my wardrobe is inefficient not because I don't have enough nice clothes, but because I have too many items that lack permutations. I end up wearing the most versatile items repeatedly and bore myself to death...in fact my boyfriend has built a better French wardrobe than I...:cry:

^ Thank you :heart: I really enjoyed what I wore today, it's good to branch out & do something a bit different every now & then :flower:

I'll be able to wear the same-ish thing for transition in the fall, but with a long-sleeve silk sweater (that I don't own yet, but have been meaning to buy) & thicker tights. Actually I used to have a sweater like that, and it bit the dust ...

How about a challenge for you & everyone else feeling bored ... a bit like Iron Chef :wink: Take what you have in your closet & post two new combinations you've never tried before that you really like ...

I really want to make my wardrobe more coherent with my style and therefore smaller.

I'm still working on my autumn/winter wardrobe... Here is my ideal list of things to work with for this year... (so sorry for the poor quality pics!)

eta: new purchases 20/03

work
:: 1 x work dress
:: 1 x work blouse
:: 2 x black skirt
black pants
3 x work blouses

casual
:: black skirt
:: oversized grey cardigan
:: tight black v-neck

:: black denim straight leg jeans
:: 1 x lounge/comfortable t-shirts
:: printed tank (ordered)
:: printed tank (ordered)
2 x tea dresses
2 x tight black v-neck
1 x lounge/comfortable t-shirts

accessories
:: ray ban wayfarers
:: patent belt

:: black cardigan
:: black ballet flats

black tights
oversized black bag
winter coat
oversized scarf/pashmina

'investment' item this season: round toe heels

& the first outfit I created from these pieces using the dress, cardigan & belt... (& woven peep toe flats from spring/summer)

p1010669.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, Ida ... I love the new piece. And B, I love that sheer purple/black top--can't wait to see what you do with that ...

We have been having a cold snap, which has been thwarting all my plans to play with spring clothes :lol:

Yes Belowen get postin' :judge:

Thanks ta-ta, I'm obsessed with that coat...and that cardigan too :lol:

kjoleasospw1.jpg
+
dsc05074.jpg

I might even wear that outfit again tomorrow :o I need to wear my leather jacket soon, it's just about warm enough.

And B, I love that sheer purple/black top--can't wait to see what you do with that ...

Poo, I wore it today & forgot to take a pic :doh:

I wore it tucked in to a pencil skirt w. my normal length black cardigan & the black patent ballet flats ^_^

New combination today ... I liked it. It would work for a serious meeting (or even an interview I think) with different hose and shoes.
  • navy crewneck
  • navy cardigan (pictured above)
  • grey linen skirt (pictured above)
  • grey floral tights
  • red patent Mary Janes (pictured above)
  • straw bag (pictured above)
It will never be worn quite like this again, as I found a hole in the tights when I took them off, and they are now history :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
PS The temperature when I left home after 10:00 was in the 40s. By the time I finished my meetings and left after 2:00, it was 80 degrees. So the 3/4 sleeves were a bit chilly in the beginning, but fine by the end ...

I got annoyed having all of those mismatched photos in my post, so I removed them :lol:

Anyway, my 1st 'comfortable' tee arrived today, from Topshop. So here it is, paired with my black straight leg jeans, long line black cardigan & black patent ballet flats. ^_^

p1010692.jpg

I have my eye on the perfect 2nd blouse...

^ But that's how it's supposed to be ... all the random pieces, and then what you do with them :flower:

It would take me all day to type everything I have in my closet and dresser. lol

^ It doesn't have to be everything you own, it can be just the pieces you're working with this season :wink:

^ Well, post your pieces again in a proper OCD way, whatever that might be :wink:

To be honest I dont understand this concept... I never have a particular look for a season or a part of my wardrobe I'm working with. I'm always slowly adding pieces I like and always working with my entire wardrobe. When I shop I look at whats available for the season, cost vs how much I can spend, how much wear I'd get out of it, how much I like it, what it would add to my wardrobe but not with a particular look in mind. One day I may wear something kind of behemian and another day something more rocker chic. I dont know how I'd describe my style in general, not to mention a single season. Though my tailor says I have a very particular style and all my things are very "me" so I dont know.

^ I agree, you definitely have an identifiable personal style :flower:

I would say it is likely your 'budget' that is preventing you from understanding this concept :wink:

headstartshoes

With my new shoes (like the picture except all black), I've been wearing

• black silver-beaded sandals
  • black tights
  • bright coral denim jacket
  • black tropical-weight wool wide leg pants
  • black SS rolled-hem sweater
  • bright coral lipstick
  • silver pearl jewelry

Attachments

• dries headstartshoes.jpg
    dries headstartshoes.jpg