The 4-5 piece French wardrobe combinations thread

well ... i am working with a limited selection of my wardrobe right now due to a broken hand, and have been putting together some new combinations around shoes & skirts & pants that are easy to wear now.

• black 3/4 sleeve cardi
  • charcoal satin-yoke cashmere shell
  • black long a-line skirt
  • black knee-his
  • navy ballets w/ flower ornament
  • baby blue knit straight skirt
  • black ss sweater
  • black cardigan
  • black knee-his
  • blk/ivory polka dot ballets
  • animal print knit straight skirt
  • black layered tops
  • cognac ballets w/ snakeskin captoe

some pix of the shoes ...

other pieces include

• velour pants in black and hunter green
  • orange-red jeans
my legs are almost healed to the point i can show them again, and the weather is intermittently warm enough.

Attachments

• Lanvin flower ballet.jpg
    Lanvin flower ballet.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Lanvin brass brown.jpg
    Lanvin brass brown.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
  • Polka dot flat.jpg
    Polka dot flat.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Those outfits sound lovely fashionista-ta, especially the first one. :flower: Sorry about your broken hand! And you're lucky you're able to wear ballet flats already, it's so cold where I live and I can't WAIT for spring to finally arrive, I have so many plans for my wardrobe.

Today I'm wearing a H&M scalloped 3/4 length sleeve blouse in a salmon colour, I love it, buy the material could be better. I paired it with a black skater skirt. I find that this shape of skirt really fits me the best because of my wide hips, but the skirt is far from perfect... It's cotton and really not structured at all, and I prefer something thicker. I need to find a good box pleat/A-line/skater skirt, I feel like it's such a staple in my wardrobe.

The blouse:
hmprod

hm.com

The skirt, except mine isn't belted:
267251901.jpg

newlook.co.uk

The rest of my outfit is completely un-fashionable as it's far too cold. But I'm soooo excited for spring, I've already done some shopping and I've really limited myself with the number of pieces I can buy. But I'll definitely go over the 4-5 pieces as I don't have the very basics!

I'm excited about the S/S 13 must-haves thread, too. I already have my colour palette planned. :heart:

^ thanks :flower: love that scalloped placket, so cute!!

new outfit today for the spring weather, kinda fun ...

• coral 3/4 sleeve blouse w/ ruffles @ v-neck & sleeves
  • navy 1/2 sleeve cardigan pictured earlier in thread
  • ice blue knit straight skirt
  • navy knee-hi tights bought last weekend
  • navy ballets pictured earlier

I wish more people were doing this. I really want to try, but I have a lot of clothes/shoes, & don't know if I can really hone in on just a few items? What if I made a list of things I wanted to wear for the season, but then ended up wearing something that wasn't even on my original list?

life would totally go on :wink:

great idea for a thread ta-ta. I have way too much stuff in rotation to do this for fall, but i am planning a very small capsule for spring and summer. Will post as we emerge from this frigid weather.

posted in 2009, darling ... still waiting ... :innocent::lol::wink::heart:

I hope this thread comes to life again. :flower:

Today I wore:

• oversized lightwash denim jacket from ASOS
  • white lace skater dress from ASOS
  • long watch pendant necklace in silver from ASOS Men
  • ribbed dark grey tights
  • black lace-up heels from Deichmann
  • quilted bag, similar to the one on the pic, from Stradivarius

outfit.jpg

my collage, pics are from asos.com, polyvore.com, deichmann.si

The jacket, dress and necklace I bought recently and they were really good buys, I'll be wearing them a lot for sure. The only problem is, the dress is insanely short (scandalously so, as my mother put it :D), so I'll have to get a petticoat or a slip to wear under it...

Giiiiirls (and guys) where are you? We need more posters in this thread! :D I love my outfit today, I'm wearing:

• black laceup ankle boots, the same shoes from the pic above
  • black opaque thick tights
  • my new striped sweater from Zara :heart:
  • black peplum skirt from H&M
  • a black chain necklace (gift from my mother-in-law) & a silver spike necklace from Regal Rose
  • my black coat with silver detailing from H&M

The only things that REALLY doesn't go with my outfit is my bag, because I was in such a hurry and didn't have time to change it... But when I get home I'll put my things in my other (prettier) bag. :P

I'll post a list of things I'm working with when the time comes. I organized my clothing rack yesterday and I already have about 6 items I'm super excited for in the spring! Get warm already, weather! :D

Right now I have no clue what to wear. That happens a lot at the time and has nothing to do with my wardrobe but my hair. I got a shorter haircut back in January and it has its own life at the moment. Therefore outfits are impossible to plan since, to me, the hair goes with the outfit.

Yesterday however I wore:

- Black quilted skater skirt
- Denim shirt
- Burgundy sneakers
- Black tights
- Parka coat
- Black leather mittens
- Grey, knitted circle scarf
- Canvas bag

DSC_0310_zpsf181de2c.jpg

DSC_0183copy_zps476d08a3.jpg

nike_zps01cb3556.jpg

DSC_0120_zpsdc7a37c8.jpg

IMG_0407_zps8f49d889.jpg

All pics are mine

Managed to make me hair look real descent and 50's like (think Olivia Newton John in Grease) and pull together an outfit.

I wore this but without the hat and the spectacles, and with the skirt from yesterday (pictured above). My boyfriend though I look real nice and my friend thought I looked like a teacher from the 40's :flower:

IMG_0001_zps52006531.jpg

IMG_9863copy_zps323f66f0.jpg

Pics taken by me.

I am considering going to the attic to find the skirt I am wearing in the first picture of this post but I think it ended up there in the first place because I have worn it so many times that it is not really black anymore. I am considering if it would be possible to make a new one myself. I love that skirt.

Adorable Betina!

I also have a very similar black skirt, same length and flare, and I could seriously wear it daily. I have a casual one in linen with pockets, and another one in satin which is more dressy. Love them both. Very easy to sew yourself.

I love your black canvas bag, where is it from?

Adorable Betina!

I also have a very similar black skirt, same length and flare, and I could seriously wear it daily. I have a casual one in linen with pockets, and another one in satin which is more dressy. Love them both. Very easy to sew yourself.

I love your black canvas bag, where is it from?

Thx a bunch! I think I will look into making one myself. Should be possible when I can look at how this one is sown. I miss it a lot since it is perfect with everything.

The bag is from Sofie Schnoor. I think it is a danish brand? I love it since it is HUGE and therefore perfect when I have to bring lots of stuff with me or when I go grocery shopping on my way home from work (like I did yesterday). It is a year since I got it though.

Thx a bunch! I think I will look into making one myself. Should be possible when I can look at how this one is sown. I miss it a lot since it is perfect with everything.

The bag is from Sofie Schnoor. I think it is a danish brand? I love it since it is HUGE and therefore perfect when I have to bring lots of stuff with me or when I go grocery shopping on my way home from work (like I did yesterday). It is a year since I got it though.

Yeah...just what I need for my books and Macbook, for when my Longchamp tote is a little too dressy/stuffy. Thanks for informing me of Sofie Schnoor, nice shoes and I like the laid-back glamour :smile:

@Melisande: It would be great for that purpose! I love how it adds a more casual feel to an outfit than my leather bags.

Giiiiirls (and guys) where are you? We need more posters in this thread!

Okay, okay, I'll submit to peer pressure:P Due to the nature of my uni-course I do a lot of self studying and only have to get dressed up once a week, but I am going to university tomorrow and I will try to post what I wear^_^ To avoid going mad I get very dressed up everytime I go to the local groceries store:rolleyes:

Am I right in assuming this thread is a sort of "What I wore today" thread with a "4-5 pieces ..." twist?

Wouldn't take to long to go through all my outfits. In winter I pretty much wear the same warm clothes all the time. The mere thought of changing it up gives me a cold:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, okay, I'll submit to peer pressure:P Due to the nature of my uni-course I do a lot of self studying and only have to get dressed up once a week, but I am going to university tomorrow and I will try to post what I wear^_^ To avoid going mad I get very dressed up everytime I go to the local groceries store:rolleyes:

Am I right in assuming this thread is a sort of "What I wore today" thread with a "4-5 pieces ..." twist?

Wouldn't take to long to go through all my outfits. In winter I pretty much wear the same warm clothes all the time. The mere thought of changing it up gives me a cold:lol:

I feel ya! I practically wore the same grey woolen full skirt, black wool sweater and sneakers for the entire month in January. Temperatures luckily has changed since.

Betinapple, you look amazing! I love the second outfit especially, the monochrome where you added a pop of colour with the coat and the hat, really nice. I want to wear something similar now. :blush: Your photos are really lovely as well! By the way, could I ask you to join us in the French Wardrobe Shopping List thread in Shop til You Drop? I'd love to know your opinion about your Acne Pistols. :flower:

I really wanted to take photos of my outfit too, but I was too tired from working and in a really bad mood, I would probably scowl at the camera (more so than usual :P) I will next time though!

eizhowa I know how you feel, I've even gotten dressed up for the bus ride to work and then changed while I was working. :blush: Yes, I guess this thread would be perfect for posting outfits, since the other thread was closed a while ago. It would be even better if we posted what we're working with at the moment and see what we can come up with with those pieces. I'm excited to see/read about your outfit tomorrow! :flower:

@Juliette: You are so nice! Thx a lot. These pictures are old and I have pictures of most of my clothes since I used to blog - I am rarely in a photo-mood these days :smile: I'll join you right away - I had no idea where that shoppinglist thread you were talking about actually were :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->