The 4-5 piece French wardrobe combinations thread

@Sartreuse: Thank you :flower: I really love your style as well - especially the shirt!

Oh, I love your outfit Sartreuse! I have a weak spot for shirt tucked into jeans like that:heart: I haven't been able to find any low/mid rise denim I like for years thoguh...:/

So, I finally got some SS outfits together. It is really nice finally having some go-to outfits (a bit late in the season, but nonetheless). This one I have been wearing a lot

H&M skirt, COS tee, Birkenstocks and Mulberry willow, all SS15, and Prada sunnies from the summer 2012.

Attachments

• 180815.jpg
    180815.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 23
Love your outfit, Betina! That skirt length looks great on you!:flower:

^thank you so much Caramel! :flower: I am really happy with it - it has definetely been a good addition to my summer-wardrobe, and I have been wearing it for a leather jacket and sneakers as well.

Betina you look lovely!

I wear similar items--flowy black skirts, big round sunnies, white tees, red nails, etc. but I really like your ample use of white on black. In fact, the other day I did think of you and got a stripey top from Uniqlo; I was a bit dubious at first but was surprised to find I love it much more than expected: it goes with everything and I'd wear it every day if I could!
Love it with bright red lips and nails and shoes.

^ah, another stripe addict in spe :D

I really love stripes as well, and just like you I find that they go with anything, and especially well with red. I have quite a lot different options.

Also thank you for your kind words - that was so nice of you :flower:

So, I finally got some SS outfits together. It is really nice finally having some go-to outfits (a bit late in the season, but nonetheless). This one I have been wearing a lot

H&M skirt, COS tee, Birkenstocks and Mulberry willow, all SS15, and Prada sunnies from the summer 2012.

Your willow looks great on you! Very few can pull of a knee length skirt like you can:flower:

Yesterday wore a couple new items with a couple older items ... new green shrug & leopard flats with black St John wool knit pants (all pinned) and an older BCBG black wool double-layer knit trapeze top. The green of the sweater really puts me in a good mood ... very happy with it. Today I think I'm going to wear much the same thing except with some Ferragamo black velvet lacquer kitten heels (forgot about these when we were talking Ferragamo the other day ... they do have a bit of a fit issue for me due to the arch issue I mentioned--can't wear them for very long).

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I am wearing navy trousers and a short black trench and I thought I'd let you know :wink:

Trousers bought last summer, trench from summer 2010... no pictures, sadly

What would you guys wear with a bomber jacket?

I bought one last fall, but it is just not really working for me. I often feel too boyish when I wear it with jeans, but somehow it is not really good with dresses.

I tried combining it with light jeans and my white longline shirt today, and with heeled shoes that is actually a good combo, but other than that, I am lost.

I tried looking at blogs and pinterest but mostly people wear bombers with jeans and tee's and that just feels to casual or too masculine for me.

Attachments

• inwear.jpg
    inwear.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
Hmm, it just seems like a cardigan to me. What about unzipping it completely, or wearing it with something ruffly?

I'd say wear it with a skirt. On your SS16 wardrobe bord I saw two black skirts that both would work under the jacket. Like ta-ta suggested I'd wear it open with something white/light underneath.

White t-shirt and shorts that are not black should work. I don't think your jacket is more masculine than a black blazer (that is not super-fitted), and thats what I am planing to do (black blazer + white tee + blue (?) shorts + ballet flats or tan sandals).

I suppose that since you are a skirt-person, a skirt will work just as well. I have a preferance for shorts, but that might just be because I find skirts too impractical, and never wear them.

Cool -I'm sort of making one myself
How many of you prefer organizing style choices this way? :*)

As for the jacket, just adding to what everybody has said -what about any one of those items mentioned in satin? Would say it would set off those stripes nicely, already in the jacket

how about wearing it with a pencil skirt/tight midi dress, i've seen some looks on pinterest with ankle boots oder pumps. maybe that will work for you?
i pinned it on your recommendations board!

Cool -I'm sort of making one myself
How many of you prefer organizing style choices this way? :*)

I don't organize by season, but I do find that keeping visual track of my purchases on Pinterest helps keeping track of what I own and spotting patterns in what I like/buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->