2013 Golden Globe Awards - Red Carpet

I love Jessica but she needs a better-fitting dress.

Jennifer Garner, Nicole Kidman, Anne and Naomi look wonderful :heart:

is kate hudson still relevant? has she done any important movies since almost famous?

Oh my god that's exactly how i feel. She floored me in Almost Famous and since then........:unsure:

^Ugh, Almost Famous - :heart: that film.

I think the Brits really looked good overall!

The Best:
-Kate Hudson was flawless, she killed it
-Emily Blunt looked perfect, I love the purple and gold together (it reminds me of an outfit Felicity Jones wore)
-Michelle Dockery
-Sienna Miller, I seem to be the only person who liked her, minus the hair, her dress was fun and different
-Naomi Watts, the dress was really beautiful and her hair looked lovely
-Julianne Moore, no words

The Good:
-Marion Cotillard, she would look great in anything, I loved the colour of her dress, but then I got to her shoes and I didn't know what to think. I don't think they worked, otherwise she'd be in the best
-Rachel Weisz looked lovely, I loved her dress and hair (even if the dress looked a tiny bit cheap), but I'm the only one?
-Kerry Washington, I love the 20s dress but the dress was a bit too long or short and her hair looked quite bad
-Jessica Chastain, I'm not a fan of her style, but the colour of her dress was amazing - her shoes, however, were disgusting, and the dress was a bit unflattering

The Worst:
-Halle Berry, possibly the ugliest dress I've ever seen
-J.Lo - she needs to stop now
-Taylor Swift needs to get out
-Adele - she didn't look bad she just looked incredibly boooring she only wears one dress, but her speech was great

And there were other disasters but too many to mention...

I think the reason why there was no 'wow' moment, was that everyone is saving their best looks for the Oscars...well at least I hope that's the case.

If anyone knows who the following people were wearing......

Rosario Dawson-
Sally Field-
Frances Fisher-
Naomi Watts-
Katherine Bigelow-
Emily Dech....-
Alison Williams-
Helen Mirren-
Sarah Paulson-
Helen Hunt-
Sofia Vergara-
Alison Pill-
Mayim Bialik-

If anyone knows who the following people were wearing......

Rosario Dawson-
Sally Field-
Frances Fisher-
Naomi Watts-
Katherine Bigelow-
Emily Dech....-
Alison Williams-
Helen Mirren-
Sarah Paulson-
Helen Hunt-
Sofia Vergara-
Alison Pill-
Mayim Bialik-

Naomi Watts - Zac Posen
Emily Deschanel - Badgley Mischka
Allison Williams - J. Mendel
Alison Pill - Gustavo Cadile
Helen Hunt - Dolce & Gabbana
Sofia Vergara - Michael Cinco
Helen Mirren - Badgley Mischka

My favourites:

Julianne+Moore+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+l7MC2TX_EdSl.jpg

Julianne Moore in Tom Ford

Amanda+Seyfried+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+ghY8d3GAZeWl.jpg

Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy HC

Nicole+Kidman+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+BzshVRPzdMxl.jpg

Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen (short hair looks great on her)

Rachel+Weisz+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+AXK6eagd2swl.jpg

Rachel Weisz in Louis Vuitton (why are people not talking about this look? PERFECTION.)

Marion+Cotillard+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+R6ejKXt90Xyl.jpg

Marion Cotillard in custom Christian Dior HC

Thandie+Newton+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+fJPGxPlLQRcl.jpg

Thandie Newton in Giles

Amy+Poehler+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+Tek8JvN2__fl.jpg

Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney

Kerry+Washington+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+BzqdLP0WOA1l.jpg

Kerry Washington in Miu Miu

Claire+Danes+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+qo-y0Dp-9oTl.jpg

Claire Danes in Atelier Versace

Sienna+Miller+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+usG5A0_1qj-l.jpg

Sienna Miller in Erdem

Michelle+Dockery+smartwater+Golden+Globes+evWtqOdiiigl.jpg

Michelle Dockery in Alexandre Vauthier HC

zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and Emily Blunt in Michael Kors (except for maybe the jewelry:(

Emily+Blunt+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+hULg4GdgBdul.jpg

Kristen+Wiig+70th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Awards+B_egfKHMajrl.jpg
6Mj0L.jpg

Kristen Wiig in Michael Kors (does this not remind anyone else of the vintage Valentino Jennifer Aniston once wore to the Globes?)

zimbio, vixenlady.blogspot.com

My favorite:

Best:
Nicole Kidman

Also liked:
Amanda Seyfried
Kate Hudson
Jennifer Garner
Sally Field

Kristen Wiig in Michael Kors (does this not remind anyone else of the vintage Valentino Jennifer Aniston once wore to the Globes?)

I can't remember if it was the Globes or not, but that was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw Kristen. It looked almost identical to the Jennifer's look I'm picturing in my mind.

Also, re Kate Hudson's career, or lack of - ain't that the truth. She literally seemed to have everything going for her in 2000/2001 and she's not had a single note-worthy movie since then. Wonder what actually happened there.

Love both Marion and Jennifer in red Dior dresses (both looked even better on the screen :heart: ), the other women in red — not so much. As I said before, Claire Danes' look reminds me of ScarJo's GG dress circa 2006 which has been alredy repeated by JLaw 2 years ago at Oscars. Jennifer Garner's Vivienne Westwood is good, but somehow she still looks like a housewife gone glamour.

My other highligts are Kerry Washington in Miu Miu, Thandie Newton in Giles and Rachel Weisz in Louis Vuitton. All of them looked so unboring and fresh, nothing in common with those pale mermaid dresses (hello, Amy Adams and Megan Fox) and prom gowns (talking about Julianne Hough, of course) I'm still not fond of.

All women in McQueen (Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman) and McQueen's wannabes (nothing offensive, just gonna say Michelle Dockery's Alexandre Vauthie looks very McQueen-y) looked good, too.

Well, most women dressed in black or white looked good (no, not you, Eva Longoria:( Julianne Moore in Tom Ford, Katharine McPhee in Theyskens’ Theory, Anne Hathaway in Chanel (I thought she'd look much worse when I heard she's going with Chanel), Kristen Wiig in Michael Kors, Lea Michele in Elie Saab (I know, I know, people on tfs hates her, but you can't deny the whole look is nice).

Never been a fan of Armani, but liked both Jodie Foster and Olivia Munn in their dresses. Francesca Eastwood's vintage Armani was smart choice, too. And I was surprised (in a good) to know beautiful Emily Blunt's dress is by Michael Kors.

Halle Berry is one of the worst-dressed for me, and I'm pretty disappointed with Amanda Seyfried's Givenchy, Sienna Miller's Erdem and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Saint Laurent. I expected much more from them. There's something wrong with Chastain's dress as well, thanks god she's a beautiful woman who'd be looking fine even in a potato bag.

there is a list already on page 1...
i've added the ones that were missing...

Some of my favorite looks from the Golden Globes were worn by...

Thandie Newton- She just shows that you don't have to wear a long gown to make an impression.
Michelle Dockery- Looking gorgeous in a gown that looked like it could've been designed by McQueen (but wasn't).
Sienna Miller- I know this look is considered questionable by many people but I really respect that she took a risk and wore a outfit with a real 60's vibe.
Lucy Liu- Another look that got slammed by a lot of people but I think is pretty. The gown is gorgeous and an unusual color and print pairing which I like. It looked a bit rococo-ish.

And for the men I thought that Eddie Redmayne and Robert Pattinson looked incredibly dapper in their suits.

My best dressed were:

Emily Blunt
Jessica Chastain...minus the hair
Kerry Washington
Jennifer Garner
Nicole Kidman
Robert Downey Jr. (I love his style)
Tina Fey...the dress she wore in the opening monologue
Adele...I thought she looked amazing considering she just had a babI
Halle Berry...for some reason I really love that dress and she's working it :ninja:

Favs: Jennifer Lawrence, Marion Cotillard, Kerry Washington, Emily Blunt, Naomi Watts, Kristen Wiig, Michelle D.

Honorable Mention: Helen Hunt for wearing Dolce Spring 2007 :heart:

Worst: Leah Michelle, Halle Berry, Jessica Chastain, Julianne Hough, Hayden P., Lena Dunham

Best Dressed.....

Julianne Moore
Michelle Dockery
Megan Fox
Taylor Swift
Kate Hudson
Emily Blunt
Jenifer Lawrence
Sofia Vergara......always very va-va-voom in a good way.

Worst.......

Kristen Bell.....is she pregnant?
Zoey Deschanel
Julianne Hough
Lucy Liu
Rachel Weisz

Most Disappointing......

Morenna Baccarin

E! Golden Globes Red Carpet (HD Screencaps)

Katharine McPhee

Hayden Panatierre

Megan Fox

fashionscansremastered.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"