The All-Things Chanel Makeup, Skincare & Fragrance Thread

The nail polishes for the Autumn 2015 collection (instagram/maritushik:(

Has anyone used Perfection Lumiere Velvet? I went to reorder Perfection Lumiere from Nordstrom last night, and for some reason they didn't have it (looks like it hasn't been discontinued), I ordered Velvet instead. It appears to be per the description more tailored to my skin type, so I guess we'll see ... not too crazy about the all-black packaging vs. the glass bottle I'm used to.

I love the bottle on the aqua and the velvet! I've been using the aqua one for a few years and now I feel like the glass bottles are really big and clunky (if clunky is a word).

I have only had a sample of the velvet one, and the only difference I noticed (except the more matte finish, obviously) was that the velvet seemed a tad darker. That might just be the B10 though.

Your clunky is my substantial :wink:

Thanks, I will watch the color ...

It could possibly also be due to evaporation/thickening experienced with the sample??

Your clunky is my substantial :wink:

Thanks, I will watch the color ...

It could possibly also be due to evaporation/thickening experienced with the sample??

Possibly, or it might just be the beige-range. I read somewhere online that the foundation shades are not uniform between the different types of foundations. Chanel likes to make our life difficult, I think...

Ugh ... I believe this is the only one of their foundations I've ever used. I have to have a pink tint ... I use Beige Rose 12. I can always exchange if it doesn't work ... but let's hope I don't have to :wink: Hate it when items pop back onto my to-do list :rolleyes:

Has anyone used Perfection Lumiere Velvet? I went to reorder Perfection Lumiere from Nordstrom last night, and for some reason they didn't have it (looks like it hasn't been discontinued), I ordered Velvet instead. It appears to be per the description more tailored to my skin type, so I guess we'll see ... not too crazy about the all-black packaging vs. the glass bottle I'm used to.

I've been using it for about two years now (I think) and I absolutely love it!

^ Have just started using it (took me awhile to finish the old bottle), and I love it too! 'Velvet' is right ... it seems to be part primer, and goes on really smoothly, but doesn't clog my pores like actual primers do. I miss the measured pump--it worked exactly right. I also notice my skin doesn't look as oily (glowy :rolleyes:) as the day goes on. The color is also fairly identical, allowing for the difference in texture (I think that's the only reason it looks at all different). I love it and will stick with it ... glad I was forced to try it!

Rouge Allure Ink looks really promising. :woot: As I love matte lipsticks but my lips aren't always in top condition (especially during winter :rolleyes:) they might be just right for me. Not sure about the shades though, they look very saturated and summery.

Chanel-Rouge-Allure-Ink-2016-Fall-Collection-2.jpg

chicprofile

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->