Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

^I would suggest a tinted moisturizer too, but not Laura Mercier's. I think it is a tinted moisturizer in name only, as it has heavier coverage than a lot of actual foundations. For example the Chanel Aqua, the Dior Nude and the Estee Lauder fluid are all lighter in coverage than the LMTM :flower:

I don't mind using foundation - it's just that I have quite dry skin and don't want to have to put loads of foundation on to get flawless looking skin. I was just wondering if there was a skincare product that might be good at color correction....

I currently use Chanel Aqua Lumiere and Makeup Forever HD foundation in rotation.

I have a question that I hope someone could help me with:
What level of SPF should I wear in the different seasons if I have very fair skin and live in northern Europe? In the summer if the sun is shining I want to wear a lotion or cream with very high SPF like 30 or 50. But I'm not sure what to wear in the fall, winter and spring. I want to protect my skin but at the same time I don't want to wear a too hight SPF because than the skin need some sun to get D-Vitamin.

spf 30 is the minimum.

next year cosmetics brands in the US will no longer be allowed to call anything spf15 sunscreen, by the way.

if you have windows in your apartment or are outside for 15 minutes a day then you already get plenty of vitamin D

how do you know you arent getting it from the foods you eat?

I wear so much sunscreen that I live in Australia and had a blood test say I was Vitamin D deficient...

My GP told me with my pale skin it was not worth the risk for 15min sun and to just take the supplements

I have a question that I hope someone could help me with:
What level of SPF should I wear in the different seasons if I have very fair skin and live in northern Europe? In the summer if the sun is shining I want to wear a lotion or cream with very high SPF like 30 or 50. But I'm not sure what to wear in the fall, winter and spring. I want to protect my skin but at the same time I don't want to wear a too hight SPF because than the skin need some sun to get D-Vitamin.

I live in nothern Europe too and I try to get my vitamin D from fish and supplements. IMO it's not worth the risk tanning. However - an expert in my country said to go out without any SPF on the arms. Not to tan but just being outside during summer, that should give you enough vitamin d.

I wear so much sunscreen that I live in Australia and had a blood test say I was Vitamin D deficient...

My GP told me with my pale skin it was not worth the risk for 15min sun and to just take the supplements

I have the same diagnosis based on a blood test and take prescription strength Vitamin D as a result. I wear SPF30 I believe, but I don't have it on when I water my garden first thing in the morning for about 15 minutes or so. And I put it on my face, neck, and hands, unless I'm planning to be outside for awhile. I'm definitely still getting some sun, but I am wearing clothes, which isn't optimal from a Vitamin D perspective :P (But it is in terms of what I want to share with the neighborhood ^_^)

I think it's very worthwhile to be tested ... Vitamin D is really important to your health.

My problem with the high SPFs is they tend to feel like a plastic mask. I need something that feels comfortable on my skin.

I currently use Shiseido Expert Sun Aging Protection Cream For Face SPF 50 and I'm quite satisfied with it. It leaves a white residue but I'm so pale that when I put my foundation on it's invisible. So it can be used under foundation and it don't feel greasy or clog my pores.

I renently bought a big amount of various pale foundations so I thought I'll share my opinion:

-> Paul & Joe Light Cream Foundation S in 00 "Alabaster" - this is a seriously pale shade and almost PERFECT shade match for me, but unfortunately the coverage is very light. I normally search for a medium buildable/full coverage foundations. But if you don't need a medium/full coverage it's great because it melts into the skin and looks natural.

-> Face Atelier Ultra Foundation Zero Minus - if you own foundations which are too dark it's a briliant solution because it lightens the shade of a foundation without changing its coverage/finish. And it lasts forever, too!

-> Max Factor CC Cream in 40 "Fair" - it's a really nice CC cream with neutral undertones, I use it when I want my skin to rest for a while, the coverage is rather medium.

-> Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combo Skin in 110 "Ivory" - I know many people love it but honestly it's one of the worst foundation I've ever had. It feels so greasy, doesn't look natural on skin at all and I always have to apply a lot of extra concealer/powder so I feel like I'm wearing a mask.

-> Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Foundation in 08 - I bought it because of a light shade. And I've never regret buying something so much. It's just horrible! Cakey is the best word to describe it. No words. Don't buy it!!!

But I finally found my Holy Grail foundation and I'm so happy about it!
-> Clarins Everlasting Foundation in Ivory :heart: - I can't even describe how I love it. It has everything I was looking for: light shade, full coverage, it looks natural on skin, and the best part is that I don't have to use a concealer (it covers everything) or powder (it's mattifying)! I usually apply a highlighter (TooFaced Candlelight Glow or theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer) and blush (MAC Mineralize Blush in "Dainty") on my face so it doesn't look like a mask at all. The only cons are that it could have more yellow undertones, and sometimes it oxidizes througout the day.

I also have a small tip about bronzer- usually bronzers looked tacky on my pale skin but I solved this problem- I bought MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Pressed Powder in Medium Dark and I use it as a bronzer. :smile:

I had a Clarins Everlasting Foundation a few times and it really is great, if you are looking for a mattifying one. Unfortunately I am not fond of that look and it does dry my skin, so I stopped using it. Maybe it's more appropriate for higher temperatures, but for winter is a no go for me. :( For this exact reason I went for Skin Illusion (also Clarins) which supposed to be satin finish, but this one is worse, it kind of lays on your skin and wears off in no time. It is also very sheer and consequently the coverage is light.
But after I tried a mineral foundation (Lily Lolo) I must say Everlasting is not that everlasting at all :D, but it does stay on for about 6 h. Though I noticed some oxidation too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't express enough how much I love Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation, but from time to time I also like to try something else. I always get excited when a new foundation hits the beauty market or when all the beauty bloggers are raving about certain foundation. :mrgreen:

I really liked the YSL Touche Éclat Foundation, but I got this foundation as a gift and unfortunately it was too dark for me. I'm really tempted to buy it again in my shade.

I also didn't like the Skin Illusion form Clarins. :doh:

At the moment I'm switching between Lily Lolo and Revlon Nearly Naked. I was sent this by Revlon and it surprised me, in a good way. Although I have to wait for a few minutes to look the way it should. I still haven't figured out what's the issue here, but it doesn't look really pretty straight after the application (I use the Expert Face brush from Real Technique).

I'm on a hunt for a new everyday fall/winter blush. I want something subtle that works on neutral toned skin (leaning towards yellow). I was thinking about trying Illamasqua. :stuart:

I tried L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in the shade C1 Rose Ivory. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it matched my skin perfect and covered my redness on my cheeks. I am so gonna buy it! They have one that is just as light for those with yellow undertones. It's called W1 Golden Ivory.

A shout out for #1 Giorgio Armani Face Fabric
I LOVE IT SO MUCH! The only shade which is even close to how fair my skin is.
Easy application and very easy to blend in to your natural skin tone.

I tried L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation in the shade C1 Rose Ivory. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and it matched my skin perfect and covered my redness on my cheeks. I am so gonna buy it! They have one that is just as light for those with yellow undertones. It's called W1 Golden Ivory.

How can i tell do i have yellow or red undertones? From veins? I've been thinking on getting that rose ivory as well. I took the test on their website and that was the suggestion. I am not sure do i believe it. I have to check it out though.

^Just try both and then you'll know if you have pink or yellow undertones. :smile:

Lately I have tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in the shade Porcelain on top of it and the shade Ivory I think on the other eye. It did nothing for me. Didn't cover my blue undereye circles. I have also tried Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in # 1 but it just went orange under my eyes.

I really hoped that they would be great but they just wasn't. I'm starting to wonder does my dream concealer actually exist. I'm going a way on trip to Stockholm in may for a Concert and I would love to wear some makeup then. But the makeup can't look "perfect" without a good concealer.

^Have you looked at YSL's Touche Eclat? Perhaps instead of covering up, deflecting your undereye circles might work better, it'll brighten everything up. I don't currently have the pen but have used it in the past a few times and I really liked it- I'm planning on buying one soon- because it brightened my face instead. I'm very fair skinned and I've found that the Too Faced Absolutely Flawless concealer (in vanilla/light) also works rather well. I only have to use a little bit and I cover everything up.

Clé de Peau is my holy grail concealer for undereye circles. It's pricy, but lasts forever, so it's totally worth it in my book. I've ended up skipping foundation on most days and just using this where I need it, it's that good.

I had the same issue with Bobbi Brown concealer, the colors were weird and the two step layering was a hassle.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I'm absolutely gonna look in to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->