Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

Bobbi Brown BB Cream in Extra Light
Holika Holika BB Cream
Practically any Korean BB cream

^On days when I don't feel like putting makeup on, I just use the touche eclat to brighten the eye area and remove some of the redness in my skin (around the nose etc.). It does not conceal new spots though, in case you were wondering. I wear nr. 2. The original is soooo pink. I am having difficulty imagining anyone having that skin-tone...

Me! I was so excited to find Touche Éclat because every other concealer looked like yellow paint on my skin. And every time I buy it (for about ten years now), the shop assistant tries to steer me away, saying it's too pink - until I put it on my wrist and she goes, 'Oh... Huh.'

Yes, it is more of a highlighter but I use it to conceal pimples and hyperpigmentation, as well as under-eye circles, quite successfully. I dislike foundation intensely but do sometimes wear the Stila one-step corrector to even out my skin tone before touching up with TE. I'm all about not looking or feeling like I have any makeup on, and with the Stila/TE combo (plus a seriously excellent dermatologist) I think I mostly pull it off.

I always had a problem with foundation. My skin is really fair, almost transparent which is terrible for my dark circles.
As I can't seem to find a light concealer that covers my skin without looking like cake frosting, I'm currently using Shiseido Refining Make-up Primer (love this little thing) as a base and a fine layer of powder over it and I'm good to go.

Does anyone here tried Biguine's BB Cream? Or their Fresh Fond de Teint in 01 mixed with their Procolor white base "iluminatrice"?

Humm is the term concealer the same as 'colour corrector'?

^I suppose a color corrector is a kind of concealer. You use green to conceal red etc. I am not an expert on color correction though. My skin is normal colored:P

I would say the two are different :wink:

I think Cle de Peau concealer is pretty perfect, and they've also really expanded the color range since I started using it. It blends really well.

Thanks to both ^.^ I went to the Clé de Peau site -i see concealer can be used to color correct as well

You know i watched a video on men's makeup -by a professional makeup artist. There was no 'setting' or powder at the end
I hope that will be okay with me. I have tried powder and do not like the look :huh: the makeup shows very obvious to me

I use only concealer and I don't use powder or foundation or primer. But the concealers I use (one more yellow toned for spots and another pink toned for undereyes) set themselves, once they dry they stay and don't remain creamy and moveable if that makes sense. I think it's even more important when not wearing foundation to make sure the color match is as perfect as possible. I highly recommend the Bobbi Brown Skin Serum Corrector for blue under the eyes - it's amazing and the formula is so much better than their regular corrector but it's like twice the price...

There is powder (like rice powder) that's invisible except for the matte effect. I find powder essential for creating a matte surface before applying powder blush. With no powder, you need to be careful not to touch your face. Cle de Peau blends very well, but I suspect it's not self-setting.

Today I tried a sample of Maybellines new Foundation Matte Poreless Normal to Oily Skin in the color 120 Classic Ivory. Just as I thought the color was way too dark for me. And that shade is supposed to be for very fair skin. But since Maybelline aren't cruelty free I didn't want to buy it anyway.

Lots to think about and check ^_^ grand merci. I especially like the rice powder idea. My skin normally goes dewy after a few hours
I might have to do a consultation in person. I did that for a non-makeup face regimen type thing, at Kiel's and enjoyed it very much. Very useful and thorough

Today I tried a sample of Maybellines new Foundation Matte Poreless Normal to Oily Skin in the color 120 Classic Ivory. Just as I thought the color was way too dark for me. And that shade is supposed to be for very fair skin. But since Maybelline aren't cruelty free I didn't want to buy it anyway.

If you are having difficulty finding a shade that is light enough, you could try blending in a little of the Illamasqua skin base foundation in white:flower: I heard Illamasqua is cruelty free.

Me! I was so excited to find Touche Éclat because every other concealer looked like yellow paint on my skin. And every time I buy it (for about ten years now), the shop assistant tries to steer me away, saying it's too pink - until I put it on my wrist and she goes, 'Oh... Huh.'

Yes, it is more of a highlighter but I use it to conceal pimples and hyperpigmentation, as well as under-eye circles, quite successfully. I dislike foundation intensely but do sometimes wear the Stila one-step corrector to even out my skin tone before touching up with TE. I'm all about not looking or feeling like I have any makeup on, and with the Stila/TE combo (plus a seriously excellent dermatologist) I think I mostly pull it off.

I actually tried the pink Touche Eclat a few days ago and now I like it. It cancels out the green tones (How did they get there?:blink::blink:) under my eyes :smile:

^ As you have warm skin undertone and the skin around your eyes is a lot thinner than everywhere else, your veins probably look more greenish than blueish. :wink:

As we're moving into the warmer months I've switched my makeup over to more peach/bronze tones rather than blue toned pinks and soft champagnes. One of my new favourite products from the cooler months was the Chantecaille Lip Chic in the shade Damask. A really beautiful dark berry (almost plum?) shade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cclicker9
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"