The Beatles

dinahgrace said:
I haven't bought the new album yet but, I've listened to some songs on their myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42290578

And its great! The new While my guitar gently weeps version is AMAZING, its different because there's no electric guitar just violins and acoustic guitar, it's so good. I like this version better actually.:woot: Buy the album!!!!:flower:

Yeeees! Love is AMAZING. :woot: I honestly wasn't expecting much, but I was blown away... the fresh takes on the songs are really well done. I love Get Back and the acoustic-ish Strawberry Fields Forever!

DernierCri said:
Best band ever. I like the Stones, but for me it's The Beatles, there's simply no comparison. They had so much variety and whenever I get bored with current music, I can always count on going back to any Beatles album. :heart:

agree^_^ i can hear the beatles for hours... other cd's i cant hear more than one hour..

we have to have some pics in this theard :P

298_1401200651634.jpg

298_1003200651610.jpg

298_1003200651848.jpg

298_1003200651532.jpg

298_0201200659064.jpg

298_0908200586304.jpg

tapuz.co.il

Half the merseytravel busses are covered in a yellow wrap with an advert on the side for the lastest album atm ... looks fab :flower:

There was this yorkshire man in my local pub the over day and he was going on and on about the beatles .. how liverpool is only famous for them etc. needless to say he got kicked into gear and kicked off on ... the beatles helped put liverpool on the map but they arent the only thing :(

Radio 2 just aired a special Sgt. Peppers 40th anniversary special. All these different current artists and bands covered the album songs. You can listen to the show on the bbc radio 2 site. There's Part 1 and 2. Artists include Pete/Carl (libertines), Bryan Adams, Athlete, Oasis, Razorlight, The Zutons, Jamie Cullum, and more more more...

Also, there's an article on the Guardian site where artists were asked to nominate a classic album which they think aren't very good or are down right shite. Very interesting perspectives, but I disagree with most of them. The VU and Nico, The Stone Roses, and Sgt. Pepper are all BRILLIANT in my mind. And HOW DARE Alex Kapranos call Telvision "Pretentious"?!

"Sgt Pepper Must Die!"
http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/story/0,,2102991,00.html

they're my absolute favorite :smile:

I hate "Love" though, I feel like the originals shouldn't have tampered with.

BeatlesAllYouNeedIsLove.jpg

beatles_1966_45rpm_last_cover.jpg

Beatles05.jpg

so dapper in the last picture!

I love John and Ringo the most and I always get made fun of for thinking Ringo was the absolute cutest, especially in A Hard Day's Night!

Favorite Songs:
Norwegian Wood ( This Bird Has Flown )
Michelle
Eleanor Rigby
Baby You're A Rich Man
Dear Prudence
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey
I am the walrus
Yellow Submarine
Long, Long, Long
Mother Nature's Son
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Sexy Sadie
Can't buy me love
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Strawberry Fields Forever
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Blackbird
Rocky Raccoon
Julia
Lovely Rita
Lucy in The Sky With Diamonds
Here Comes the Sun
Mean Mr.Mustard
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Let It Be
Get Back
Across the Universe

Sorry I can't edit down my list, I just love so many songs! I love the stories behind them as well. Especially the story behind Dear Prudence in which Mia Farrow's sister Prudence was with The Beatles visiting Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in India. She stayed in her room for the majority of their stay and John was worried she was depressed so he wrote it to cheer her up.

photo sources : www.hembeck.com, www.digilander.libero.it, www.rhythms-riffs.org

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I haven't posted here before :doh: I grew up listening to Beatles (blame on my dad!), I'm very glad he is such a huge fan ^_^

The Beatles is timeless. Love them! My favourites are probably Strawberry Fields Forever, Helter Skelter, Sgt. Peppers.... , Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and The long and Winding Road. I do hate John Lennons music alone though. Paul McCartney has some nice ones, especially Maybe I'm Amazed
I love that music, it's such a beautiful song, I spend a dall listening to it :blush:

I'm a little late to this thread but I absolutely love The Beatles, my #1 favorite band. I've read a 800 page biography on them, have about 100 songs by them on my iPod and know all the albums and whatnot...I really, really love them
My favorite songs are in no order:
-Paperback Writer
-A Day in the Life
-Happiness is a Warm Gun
-Hey Bulldog
-Nowhere Man
-Hey Jude
-Ticket to Ride
-Daytripper
-Back in the U.S.S.R
-Can't Buy Me Love
-She Said She Said
-Doctor Robert

and many many others. My favorite beatle is Paul then John, then Ringo and lastly George...
I'm glad to see there are other fans I can't seem to find any around here

Hey Jude is probably my favorite song... One day I listened to it like 10 times :lol:

as cliche as it is, the beatles are definitely my favorite band of all time. Their music is just so timeless and I never ever get sick of the song no matter how many hundreds of times I've heard them.

^I think that is the most wonderful thing about them. They totally changed music. They will without a doubt remain my favorite band of all time.

omg i love them!!! they're really the world's greatest band ever ♥

only 7 pages for the BEATLES!!
I am reading the new John Lennon autobiography... really interesting and heavy stuff. Still love him though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->