The Carrie Diaries

Dora

Reaction score
The Carrie Diaries - Young Carrie Bradshaw Cast

The CW has cast its young Carrie Bradshaw.

AnnaSophia Robb, best known for playing Violet in the 2005 Tim Burton feature Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, will star in the network's Sex and the City prequel The Carrie Diaries pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the novel by Candace Bushnell, Carrie Diaries revolves around a young Carrie Bradshaw as she comes of age in the 1980s, asking her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan.

spoilertv

This will probably be awful but I'll watch it anyway.:lol:

I would be interested in a prequel about Carrie arriving in NY in her early-mid 20s but this sounds way too high school for my taste. Also, this is on CW (and set in HS) so it will be so tame in comparison to the original.

Carrie Diaries - Austin Butler gets male lead

Austin Butler (Lifetime’s The Bling Ring) has been cast as the male lead in the CW pilot Carrie Diaries. The project, based on Candace Bushnell’s novel, chronicles Carrie Bradshaw’s (AnnaSophia Robb) coming of age in the 1980s when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Butler, repped by WME and Anonymous Content, will play Sebastian Kydd, a brooding heartthrob and ultimate insider who always plays the outsider. His presence at Carrie’s school will shake things up in a big way.

spoilertv

Before Stanford, Carrie Bradshaw had Walt in her life. Brendan Dooling has been cast in the CW pilot Carrie Diaries. The project, based on Candace Bushnell’s novel, chronicles Carrie Bradshaw’s (AnnaSophia Robb) coming of age in the 1980s when she asks her first questions about love, sex, friendship and family while exploring the worlds of high school and Manhattan. Dooling will play Carrie’s best guy friend who is most likely gay but doesn’t know it yet as it isn’t an easy thing to come to terms with in the mid-1980s. Also cast in the pilot is Freema Agyeman as Larissa, Carrie’s mentor, a hip, cutting-edge editor/party girl who works at Interview magazine.

spoilertv

article-0-12518DFC000005DC-946_634x452.jpg

article-2120018-12518CD7000005DC-786_634x508.jpg

article-2120018-12518CDB000005DC-221_306x514.jpg
article-2120018-12518CE7000005DC-706_306x514.jpg

*Dailymail.co.uk

Ugh why can they not just leave SatC alone? They've completely ruined what was such a great show with this legacy of terrible, terrible films and now a teen spin off :yuk:

I take this very seriously :lol:

I'll watch it but I agree, why couldn't they have left the franchise alone, it's not unique anymore!

i can't wait to see this LOL i think it's not going to be good but it'll be interesting to see how they dress her as stylish in the 80s

I'm disappointed they didn't choose an actress with more character, she looks boring. Where's the nose?!

And I don't think I'll like it, but it cannot be worse than SATC 2 :sick:

I've just watched the pilot and I must say I really liked it.
And I love the clothes, how they did the 80s style without being over the top.
Although in SATC, Carrie says ''her father quit her and her mother'' and
they are not sticking to that story here, which I kinda hoped they would.

AnnaSophia is so cool, I'm really glad they chose her for the role.
I'll definitely continue to watch this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->