The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

hmm i think it's supposed to be like if there's a magazine that you think does the same sort of covers all the time and you're bored of the covers the magazine usually puts out, you make a cover that you would find interesting if you get what i mean? like sort of giving a magazine a makeover i guess. well that's how i interpreted it.

Yes, exactly. It's a magazine makeover. What would you change in a magazine if you had the power?

@fluxx, you didn't! That's exactly it.

Entry No. 1
Clément Chabernaud by Greg Gex
What I'll Change: Models on the covers instead of the usual celebrities!

BTsu4.png

thefashionisto

Entry No. 1
American Vogue
Freja Beha Erichsen by Mario Testino
Source: mariotestino.com
What I'll Change: Models on the covers instead of the usual celebrities and the text is less is more.

BTW,i am new for here,so can anybody tell me how to vote for the cover?thx:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Entry 2:
US Vogue
Sasha Pivovarova
Peter Lindbergh
glamour.livejournal
What I'll change: The using of model instead of celebrities, and more 'thematically' cover rather than the usual outdoor-sy cover

Entry No. 1
American Vogue
Freja Beha Erichsen by Mario Testino
Source: mariotestino.com
What I'll Change: Models on the covers instead of the usual celebrities and the text is less is more.

BTW,i am new for here,so can anybody tell me how to vote for the cover?thx:flower:

Welcome to the challenge! The first post of the thread explains in details all you'll need to know:flower:

Entry 2:
US Vogue
Sasha Pivovarova
Paolo Roversi
models.com
What I'll change: Models on the covers instead of the usual celebrities
small
xfoqyx.jpg

large
2cfqwe9.jpg

Entry 1:
What Would I Change:
You will NEVER get Celebs off Magazine Covers. Especially American Vogue. This being said, I would change the celebs they FEATURE on the cover. So here is Entry 1....TILDA Swinton for American Vogue

Model: Tilda Swinton
Ph: Craig McDean
Source: agoodhand.blogspot.com

IMA have to think LOOONG and hard about my next entry. (Another Red Head I think)

that's a wonderful idea, Kite! tilda should be on the cover of every magazine possible. i just love her versatility.

entry #1
elle fanning by tesh
source: canadaglam.blogspot.com

the idea is to replace teen vogue's usual outdoorsy cover photos with an studio one. i'm keeping their usual preference for teenage celebrities. the layout is also more mature, i'm pretty sure teenagers everywhere strive to look "older" than they actually are. ugh, pardon the rough photoshop, hehe.

jj1lk6.jpg

Entry#1. Magdalena Frackowiak by Dusan Reljin.
(scanned by a.t.)

Entry#2. Jourdan Dunn by Solve Sundsbo.
(scanned by MMA)

Entry 2:
What I would Change: Sticking with my Non-Familiar Faces idea...PLUS redheads...PLUS cheekbones apparently.....I decided to remove the typical Gwyneth's and Sarah Jessica's from the cover of Vogue US and place none other than Exquisite beauty, Bonnie Wright on the cover instead.

Model: Bonnie Wright
Ph: Jonas Bresnan for Haute Muse
Source: Fanpop.com

Enjoy....I LOVE her. :heart:

We´re supposed to explain what would we change?
so, Allure is a makeup and beauty mag so I´m sticking to that idea... a model on the cover with eye catching hair & makeup and a lot less text.
I use a model on the cover of US Vogue and some "vintage way" of text placing.
For both my covers the idea was to focus on the cover model instead of the text.

Entry #1
Models: Aiden Andrews, Albert Krarup, Gene Fedorenko, Austin Pierce, Peter Bruder, Chris Swoszowski, Clinton Jorgenson| Ph: Willy Vanderperre
The cover speak for itself... what are the chances of having male models on the cover of US Vogue? Probably 0.00000000000001% :lol:
voguemalescopy.png

steelmachines​

ENTRY 1

I love what Anna is doing with American Vogue and the significant changes over the past year have been awesome but If I was Editor, i'd tweak things a bit (models on the cover every now and then, different font, minimal text) but still keeping in tune with the American Market.

Cover: Alessandra Ambrosio
Source: thestylistsite.com

Attachments

• thestylistsite.jpg
    thestylistsite.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 10
Great Style Savvy changed the theme, it was to hard the other theme, and this is great :smile:

Entry No. 1
Model: Ming Xi
Photographers: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
What I want to change: An Asian model fronting VI Cover.

sensual1.jpg
sensual2.jpg

models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->