The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

ENTRY #1: The Big Four by Various Photographers

VOGUE PARIS
newyear1.jpg

VOGUE ITALIA
newyear4.jpg

VOGUE USA
newyear3.jpg

VOGUE UK
newyear2.jpg

Molly Blair by Paolo Roversi/ Vogue Italia
Georgia Palmer by Desiree Mattsson/Vogue Arabia
Gillian Anderson by Max Abadian/Red Online
Laverne Cox by Carter Smith/CBS​

Thank you, Mikel. :heart:

I apologize for putting "Radriguez" instead of "Rodriguez" on Laverne's cover. I was really exhausted when I made the last two covers, hence I didn't proofread before saving them.

The financial crisis hit fashion too hard, the editors realise that young and dumb tiktokers aren't their key demographic. The magazines decide to become bi-annual and instead of producing 12 issues they now produce 2 for each fashion season. All the accumulated earnings are not put into the worthy visual content. People realise they do not need monthly useless fashion gossip, and they finally realise the effect that magazine industry has on nature (production, logistics and disposal). Also, the pandemic helped the editors to realise they have legendary photographers in their own countries, and decide to finally embrace them.

ENTRY 1 (OLD GENERATION OF LEGENDARY PHOTOGRAPHERS)

VOGUE US (STEVEN MEISEL)

vogue_us.jpg

VOGUE PARIS (PATRICK DEMARCHELIER)

vogue_paris.jpg

VOGUE ITALIA (PAOLO ROVERSI)

vogue_italia.jpg

VOGUE UK (NICK KNIGHT)

vogue_uk.jpg

I-D magazine shot by Island Boi photography. The reason I chose him is because am fed up o seeing the fashion industry of carrying a one dimensional version of black creatives especially photographers. I applaud them for using different photographers but hope they'll also push those with a different style from what they expect every black photog to have.

pictures
medium/islandboiphhotography

medium island boi.jpg io.jpg

Just to participate: Jennifer Lopez by Gray Sorrenti from wsjmagazine.com

MyNQVkbt_o.png
VPkFLp5A_o.png

I'd like to change my second entry with these. Imagine US Elle getting Steven Meisel to shoot their covers. And who better to front them for his debut issue with the magazine than our beloved Daria. And it's 2021, not 2020. Lols.

Entry Two: Daria Werbowy by Steven Meisel
Elle 1.jpg Elle 2.jpg

Subscriber's Cover
Elle 3.jpg

editorial archive

Was gonna do a full year of US Vogue for my second entry, but I don't have the time so I'm only posting the few that I finished first...

Entry #2

Kim Basinger by David Bellemere
Zoe Saldana by Sebastian Kim
Jane Fonda by Nico Bustos

05 David Bellemere.jpg 10 Sebastian Kim.jpg 11 Nico Bustos.jpg

net-a-porter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7