Factory Girl

Well,the dvd release date is June19th if anyone cares to purchase this film...I guess at least I can finally know what songs are played in this film.
I'm not expecting much-

Walk on the mild side

Well,the dvd release date is June19th if anyone cares to purchase this film...I guess at least I can finally know what songs are played in this film.
I'm not expecting much-

I think seeing it once online for free was enough for me. I was so disappointed with the writing :(

Friday, May 18, 2007
By Kevin Crust
Los Angeles Times

A brisk, superficial treatment of the tragic supernova life of Edie Sedgwick, "Factory Girl" disappoints as both biography and drama. The film charts the "poor little rich girl's" trajectory as decidedly downward from Cambridge art student to Andy Warhol's disposable model/actress/muse and finally to institutionalized drug addict. As a hopped-up ramble through the Pop Art '60s, it's more like "That Girl" on speed than anything else.

Directed by George Hickenlooper from a screenplay by the improbably named Captain Mauzner (story credited to Simon Monjack & Aaron Richard Golub and Mauzner), the movie never gets beyond a psychosexual portrayal of Sedgwick as victim. Fans well-schooled in the lore of Warhol in general and all things Edie in particular will come away with no deeper understanding of the principals while newcomers will wonder what the fuss was all about.

Sienna Miller stars as the doomed young woman, a debutante from a New England family who was born in Santa Barbara and raised on a vast horse ranch. She ditches Radcliffe for the siren call of Manhattan with her heart set on a Holly Golightly existence. No sooner does she meet the enigmatic Warhol (played by Guy Pearce) than she's seduced and consumed by the scene centered on the artist's infamous Factory.

The film depicts the Factory as high school with more flamboyant clothes and hair and stronger drugs. Petty jealousies and backbiting create a toxic environment in which the hangers-on vie for Warhol's attention and bask in his reflected brilliance. Sedgwick's immediate ascendance to virtual prom queen portends her equally rapid fall from grace.

Edie and Andy become inseparable, morphing into one thin, platinum-haired being. They're symbolized as outsiders who briefly share the white-hot spotlight, the swan offering her beauty to the ugly duckling who returns the favor by bestowing upon her capital-C cool. Unfortunately, the film never convincingly establishes why they are drawn to one another or meaningfully gets into the ways their mutual needs created a yin-yang synchronicity.

"Factory Girl" really goes astray with the arrival of Billy Quinn (Hayden Christensen), a Bob Dylan-esque rock star set up to be the anti-Andy. Like Pearce, Christensen throws himself into his role, but both are crushed by the sheer iconographic weight of their characters. Warhol and Dylan are too huge to be used as support beams in such a slight film.

The story is structured as a faux romantic struggle between "Dylan" and Warhol for Sedgwick's aesthetic soul, with the options seemingly limited to an opportunist or a vampire. But the real battle for Edie was lost long before in a family that sent its children to a psychiatric facility the way another might have sent them to finishing school.

Warhol, with his Madison Avenue background, excelled at throwing the banal back in the faces of the establishment and making them like it. Here, the filmmakers take that once-subversive notion and reduce it to a public service announcement.

Hickenlooper uses a framing device with scenes of Miller as Sedgwick being interviewed by a therapist, a contrivance that serves little purpose other than to set out and then reiterate the film's themes and provide exposition. The film heavy-handedly drives home its interpretation of Edie as the abused and abandoned target of a series of childish, manipulative men, with the ultimate blame saved for her family.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=354924&Category=20&subCategoryID=

After viewing it several more times, I can say that I do not like Sienna in the part. Her voice is right sometimes, but when she is "happy-go-lucky-Edie," she is all springy and her acting is so poor that it overtrumps her Edie voice, so it comes out silly.

well,I am positive that this movie is rotten but I do have to see it at least once when it comes out on dvd.
I have waited all of this time only because I just know it spells disappointment.

631oryb.jpg

Here's the cover for the US release of Factory Girl.

The Sienna Miller starring flick will be released on 17th July.

The extras have still to be confirmed but are expected to include:

anamorphic widescreen
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track.
audio commentary (participants to be confirmed)
deleted scenes
behind the scenes featurettes
audition footage
video diaries

Ooh,Thank You for the sneak peak,Emily Marie.
-kinda boring cover but hey,at least it's being released soon.

the cover is so bad. it makes it look like a 'show girl' type of movie, esp to the masses that haven't even heard of the film.

Yeah, i don't like the cover at all. Of all the things they could have done with the cover they chose that? Lame...

the cover is so bad. it makes it look like a 'show girl' type of movie, esp to the masses that haven't even heard of the film.
Indeed it does look trashy... they use the word "sexy" not once but TWICE on the cover. Lmao.

i found the movie to be fun. it wasn't breathtakingly amazing. i expected something more. i just don't like sienna miller.

The movie was fun and they could have easily made it better in a lot of ways. I think the people behind it are just a bunch of idiots and didn't know what they were doing. They just saw dollar bills....

it never was big enough in hawaii to get any dollar bills. hah. it was shown in ONE theater and for not that long.

Ohh what school? The reason i asked was because i know a lot of people in Maui. What school? Seattle's very pretty and fun but i've lived here too long!

I wonder if they've changed the film a bit since the version that was online. Didn't they rush it to be released in time to be considered for an Oscar? So i wonder if it's changed at all since.

I actually loved Factory girl and will be purchasing the DVD...I thought Sienna gave an amazing performance and have always found her to be a real talent on screen. Form the moment I saw her in Alfie she totally stole every scene...much like she does here. I know people seem to hate her personally because of the dramz in her life but she is good...and this movie was underrated.

i still haven't gotten my factory girl film...grr i'm so annoyed with that ebay person

i watched it two days ago and was very disappointed. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->