The Digital Art Thread

EdanChrysler

Reaction score
I hope starting this new thread is perfectly within the rules (I've checked a few of the archive pages and don't believe there has been such a thread before; if there was I suspect Time and Tide has already engulfed it).

Basically this is a thread for anyone and everyone to showcase the digital art they do - you can also request stuff if you want.

To kick off, I've got a slew of stuff to exhibit :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
MSN Display Pictures

dp_fashion_dolce&gabbana1.jpg
dp_fashion_dolce&gabbana2.jpg
dp_fashion_gemma1.jpg
dp_fashion_lilycole.jpg
dp_fashion_ss06couture.jpg
dp_conquertherunway.jpg
dp_filmnoir.jpg
dp_filmnoir2.jpg
dp_hautecouture.gif
dp_hypnogogia.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits: Dolce&Gabbana ads from unknown site; Dior Haute Couture S/S 2006 shot taken from Style.com and modified by me. All Lily Cole shots are from Vogue - I'm unsure about the FilmNoir pictures. The website I took them from is Foto Decadent (great website for fashion photos by the way). Freja Beha's shot is from the Olympus Fashion Week website. Font for Dior Couture DP is AngryBlue Controlled from AngryBlue.

P.S. The Dolce&Gabbana ads were taken from a site which archived a lot of ads from various designers. If anyone can help to enlighten what site it is likely to be, that'd be great :rolleyes: The site uses a black background, that's all I can remember. Anyway, the Dolce&Gabbana logo was transplanted over from another of their ads which had it against a black background.

Well here mine hope you like it, just a simple illustration nothing dramatic.

Attachments

• illustration.bmp
    243.6 KB · Views: 20
HotDog: That is one impeccable piece of digital art! The shading and everything is exploding with realism ... how did you learn to DO that?

Oh my Jove that is a gorgeous piece of work. You should submit it as soon as possible for the game - I'm too ashamed to do any entry of my own.

that is very nice work, HotDog :o

artwork of Peter Hollinghurst

Here are some digital art by U.K. artist, Peter Hollinghurst.

These ones are from a series based on Alice in Wonderland.
CheshireCat.jpg

TheWhiteRabbit.jpg

Tweedles.jpg

EdithsDream.jpg

from http://www.hollinghurst.org.uk

He has even more work to see on his journal
http://hybridartifacts.livejournal.com/

He's asked me to tell you guys that if you have any comments about the work, that he'd like you to post it in his livejournal. He says the comments are very helpful to his work.

This one is one of my favourites of his work.
I think I'm just drawn to the moodiness of the picture...

thelonelydive.jpg

gius, i really like those thanks for sharing ...
i think with digital art it's important that you don't get carried away by the possibilities ... while some digital 'art' is indeed amazingly constructed and well made, it sadly seems to end there, too and it doesn't speak to me at all.

here are some pictures by digital artist maggie taylor that i thought were interesting:
gal5-08.jpg

gal5-01.jpg

gal5-06.jpg

http://www.maggietaylor.com/

Estella Mare said:
gius, i really like those thanks for sharing ...
i think with digital art it's important that you don't get carried away by the possibilities ... while some digital 'art' is indeed amazingly constructed and well made, it sadly seems to end there, too and it doesn't speak to me at all.

Estella, do you mean that the quality digital art lacks is spontaneity? I can agree that sometimes digital art looks too polished, especially with the colours. There is always the possibility of accident when you're using "real" (or for maybe a better term, "traditional") materials.
For example, I often like the faded quality in watercolours and the tactile textures you can make with different paints.

I really like the backgrounds in the first two pictures. In the first image, the foreground looks like it's completely separated from the background. It's like they don't blend together, despite the shadow on the ground. I also feel like these pictures are almost 2D.
The subject matter is interesting--they maybe have a hidden message.

yes lack of spontaneity is an aspect i meant, but also that people tend to lose themselves in the various possibilities ... so rather than expressing something they seem to try to compete in reaching a certain 'realness'.
sorry if i'm somewhat unclear ... struggling with language.

Hi thank for your kind comment, i will try to do a few more sketches at the end of this week if i have time. If anyone of you serious about illustration you should head over to Cgtalk, that site is amazing with lots useful tips on photoshop.

hotdog how did you do that? any tips/tutorials/websites? your illustrations are just beautiful

Here a quick 1 i did today, as promise. sorry didn't have time to smooth out the tone.

amazing work! i'm trying to come up with a design for vintage online shop

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->