The First Vogue or Other Fashion Magazine You Bought?

Vogue US May 2007, also which happens to be one of my all time fave covers!

vogue-us-with-other-9-crops-of-supermodels.jpg

Source: StyleCracker.com

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Vogue ever was Vogue Russia January 2013. Couldn't resist Lara's beauty and this is where my collection started from.
Vogue-Russia-January-2013.jpg

www.popsugar.com

I love reading everyone's story here!

My very first fashion magazine was Elle China March 2000 issue, with Cindy Crawford on the cover.

My first Vogue should be Vogue China June 2006 with Freja Beha on the cover. Then first Vogue US was October 2006 with Sandra Bullock on the cover. First Vogue Italia was August 2005, I was so attracted to Snejana on that cover (probably still one of my all-time favorite VI covers). The first Vogue Paris was March 2007, Natasha Poly by Inez & Vinoodh I believe. First Vogue UK was September 2006 with Kate Moss on the cover.

Time flies, I have been collecting fashion magazines for around 12 years!

My first Vogue ever was June/July 2005 issue of Vogue Paris, my sister brought it to me from vacation in the Alps. I remember clearly how excited I was about it, it was so beautiful, all of it. Roitfeld at her best.
f91973550e1f5c7ca2be53c7f8eb0d5f.jpg

Shortly afterwards came my first US Vogue with Madonna on the cover.
37eb4c096c79bca3f7165525f2ccb21b.jpg

How time flies! :heart:

image source: pinterest

f91973550e1f5c7ca2be53c7f8eb0d5f.jpg 37eb4c096c79bca3f7165525f2ccb21b.jpg

df362a391a9ff4bcea3c9453e10247e5.jpg

source pinterest

Doutzen Kroes and Gaspard Ulliel by Mario Testino, February 2007.

My first cover and the one that impacted me the most. This issue was full of p*rn chic : naked and powerful women, crazy styling by Carine and MAS, very parisian eds by Alt, the written content was about Jet Set, French Riviera, the "beau monde".

The ads were spectacular for me. I was very far away from fashion, from wealth from anything close to Paris Vogue. Since this issue, i swore to myself to work hard to be a part of it and i am happy to be a part of it even if things are a lot different.

Vogue_Cover2.jpg

My first Vogue ever, a gift I received for Christmas, 2014. I was thrilled even though looking back, the only good thing about the issue was Freja. However, it still managed to lure me deeply into fashion publications. I now own a little over 150 magazines and I'm looking forward to expanding my collection.

My first encounter with Vogue Italia happened in 2016, I believe, when I purchased a bunch of couture supplements and some issues from ebay. I remember it included one of my favorite issues ever, July 2007.

322061-800w.jpg

I must also mention one of my very first Elle issues, Serbian edition from 2015. It had a stunning Givenchy editorial with a following interview.

ellestisci7.jpg

I had been wanting to start a official collection and I already had a few mags mostly from swiping them from doctors/dentists offices, beauty salons, people's coffee tables and from trash that people left by the curb. I remember it like it was yesterday that this day I had some disposable income so I went into Barnes & Noble's and bought my first ever magazine. It was the Vogue US August 2003 issue with Sarah Jessica Parker:heart:

04-sjp-2003-08_142052940046.jpg

vogue

15yrs later and I still have it in pristine condition to this day^_^.

I bought my first fashion magazine when I was a huge fan of Lady Gaga. It's Chinese Harper's Bazaar September 2014.I can still recall the amazing contents. Gaga's conversation with Karl Lagerfeld, "ICONS" styled by Carine(I didn't know anyone of them except gaga. But now I know the cast is amazing )My first encounter with Linda...
My first Vogue is Vogue China September 2014(again?!),with Fan Bingbing on the cover.It's extraordinarily thick and heavy with lots of ads!
Vogue italia 2009.12/Vogue us 2013.3

Vogue Latin America with Rosie HW by James Macary (nov 2014). I still have it. Then was Julia Frauche, same edition, by Nagi Sakai. I love both covers.

My first one was in July...1993 and it was Vogue UK June 1993 Issue with Veronica Webb on the cover. It was in Poland/Eastern Europe, and it was really luxury goodie at that time. I still have it!
27362_cover_122_417lo1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->