The Hair "Down There"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey

Reaction score
Alright, hope this doesn't offend anyone! Sorry if it does :flower:

Women, how do you keep yourself groomed in the *ahem* most intimate of places?

Do you wax?
Do you shave?
Do you just trim?
Do you go au natural?

I shave, just because it's convenient, but it's a torture on my skin. So I'm looking for some alternatives.

Men, feel free to add your opinions as well. What do you like on a woman? And how do you keep your family jewels looking spiffy? :wink:

I use Nair, and shave for touch-ups. I think Nair's great...painless.

I've tried wax...but ARGH, waaaaay too painful.

SHAVE SHAVE SHAVE!!!
I hate body hair and I hate the pain of waxing.

I am considering going for a Brazilian but I know its painful. I've heard stories.
My problem is that I can't stop shaving to let the hairs get long enough to be waxed!

Body hair ----> :sick:

Originally posted by Lena+Nov 26th, 2003 - 1:12 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Nov 26th, 2003 - 1:12 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Nov 26th, 2003 - 2:51 am
:shock:
i sit and listen
:lol: :lol: :lol: :grrr: [/b][/quote]
:hardhead:
a bit of prudeness pls :order:

:rofl: :bounce: :rofl:

i am seriously just wondering if i will learn something new here :ninja:

I shave with sensitive skin shaving cream

I used to get waxed eeeverywhere!! but Im broke now.. .I kinda felt pleasure from the pain.. :lol:

Now I just shave and use bikini zone to prevent any irritation. First, get body wet with hot water, to open the pores and make the hair easier to come off with the razor, instead of going over the same place over and over..that causes irritations and bumps. Then, I shower with really cold water, that closes them back,and it refreshes skin, and I use Aloe Vera lotion for after sunburns, and after that I use Chanel no 22 body lotion :lol:

I like girls who shave thier beaver.. hair is just .. ugh! maybe exfoliate before shaving to prevent irritation? :lol:

Like I said, I shave, but it's been brutal to my skin. No matter how long I soak in the tub, no matter what I do. They also say go with the hair, not against it. But if you go with it, you don't get as close of a shave.

I have waxed in the past. But the problem with that was 1)Low tolerance of pain, and 2) the cost. And BabyJ mentioned something that I agree with. I just can't let it grow out enough to get it waxed! Same goes for my legs. I'm so impatient.

Does the nair stuff really get a close and thorough job?

I was watching television the other night, and it was showing a woman getting her intimate areas completly waxed, and then those crystal tattoo things applied. Does my genital area really need to be jeweled/sparkly? :blink:

Here's another question for the female audience.

Do you wax/shave there because you beleive it's hygenic, or whatever other reason... or do you do it because your significant other is partial to that look?

Originally posted by Honey@Nov 26th, 2003 - 12:03 am
Like I said, I shave, but it's been brutal to my skin. No matter how long I soak in the tub, no matter what I do. They also say go with the hair, not against it. But if you go with it, you don't get as close of a shave.

I have waxed in the past. But the problem with that was 1)Low tolerance of pain, and 2) the cost. And BabyJ mentioned something that I agree with. I just can't let it grow out enough to get it waxed! Same goes for my legs. I'm so impatient.

Does the nair stuff really get a close and thorough job?

I was watching television the other night, and it was showing a woman getting her intimate areas completly waxed, and then those crystal tattoo things applied. Does my genital area really need to be jeweled/sparkly? :blink:

Do you wax/shave there because you beleive it's hygenic, or whatever other reason... or do you do it because your significant other is partial to that look?
Honey,

If you use warm enough water you shouldn't really get irrated skin, but then again maybe your skin is more sensitive then mine is. I usually shower, then bathe, then shower again. My pores get nice and open and the hairs are soft due to the water... A fresh razor everytime and you are good to go.

As for your second question about WHY we shave.

I shave because I just feel cleaner. I don't like hair on my body and being clean shaven is something I like. Especially since I am sexually active with my boyfriend. I wouldn't want him going down on me and stopping to pull hairs out of his mouth or something! :sick: I perfer to be perfectly smooth down there *thats why I'm THINKING of going for a Brazilian but OUCH! :cry:* Hell he shaves to be nice and pretty for me, I'm gonna shave to be nice and pretty for him.

Another question: Have any of you ever shaved your significant other?

I forgot about Tend Skin! It is the greatest. Like I said, I shave with a sensitive skin shave cream, and after I get out of the shower I use Tend Skin. It is expensive, but worth it. It really does prevent irritation and ingrowns. It stings a little-but not bad. They have it a Sephora and it is always on best beauty product lists.

Why I shave?

I live in Texas and it is already hot most of the time so I don't need things to get any warmer! Especially in summer. I also think it seems cleaner and more comfortable.

Originally posted by tgp@Nov 26th, 2003 - 10:07 am
I forgot about Tend Skin! It is the greatest. Like I said, I shave with a sensitive skin shave cream, and after I get out of the shower I use Tend Skin. It is expensive, but worth it. It really does prevent irritation and ingrowns. It stings a little-but not bad. They have it a Sephora and it is always on best beauty product lists.

Why I shave?

I live in Texas and it is already hot most of the time so I don't need things to get any warmer! Especially in summer. I also think it seems cleaner and more comfortable.
tend skin is wonderful!
i use it all the time... and the burning is so slight it is almost a non issue....
i shave and use nair sometimes the smell gets to me though and now i think i am going to laser.... :smile:

i also beach arm hair i hate body hair!

I used to wax, but one day before going to Greece I had an accident. Advice to all of you: even if you've done it a million times by yourself sometimes you're better of going to a professional. Let's just say I was badly bruised. :doh:

The razor is my best friend :lol: :lol: never gave me a problem.

As for why,...

Well I do it just to feel cleaner and fresh. It's almost like getting a haircut. For me, sometimes it feels good to feel groomed, and I'm not talking just for down there. It just gives me an extra boost in my mood.

... speaking of extra boost in my mood I need to go shopping. :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by Honey@Nov 26th, 2003 - 12:03 am

I wax - mostly because I can't stand the hair, especially with my legs - they just feel better after waxing (lol not during, but after)

Originally posted by lilliojAnna@Feb 26th, 2004 - 11:15 pm
TWEEZING!!?? LOL... OUCH :cry:
:lol: lol yeah seriously! tweezing might take some time

and balance :ninja:

haha.. and what about the
I don't bother option.. it just sounds funny.. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members