The Hat Thread

Well, I didn't do them myself! All the hats on the posted photos are made by Susanne Juul, who also creates for Crownprincess Mary.

Zarina said:
Well, I didn't do them myself! All the hats on the posted photos are made by Susanne Juul, who also creates for Crownprincess Mary.

I thought you meant your collection as in a collection you made yourself. Nevertheless, some of them are great.

what a fabulous thread!! I love hats so much, they give you this instant feeling of sophistication :smile: I wish I had the guts to wear also a little bit more extravagant ones...

I love that last one too, zarina :P looks very delicate! i wonder how all the shaping is done. have you ever washed it? i wonder if it would lose its shape that way

^oh gius the inquirer..
good question. :lol: :ninja:

lovely stuff, zarina!, I love the one with the lace.. :heart:

gius said:
I love that last one too, zarina :P looks very delicate! i wonder how all the shaping is done. have you ever washed it? i wonder if it would lose its shape that way
Thank you everybody!
No, I haven't washed my hat. It isn't possible. The shaping is done by warming it up and stretching it. That is how she works.

where can i find a hat like this one?

1173400703_f.jpg

i totally fell in love with it.

bgyoshi said:
Anyone know where to buy Philip Treacy hats or bags online? or in stores in the San Francisco area? Thanks!

I've seen P Treacy hats at either Neiman's or Saks ( maybe both stores) in SF. I *think* it was around 2 yrs ago and don't know if they still stock. They were nice but not the flamboyant styles shown in this thread.

i'm too curious, mulletproof :blush:

thanks for answering zarina. sounds interesting
if she heats it, then perhaps she's using a synthetic straw...
do you know if Susanne Juul has a website? ^_^

Love the hat in #117, would adore one for myself, but rarely consider hats to look good on people with shorter hair. I do own one, very Chanel-y strawhat which i used sometimes last summer tying a black/white polkadot silk scarf around it.

gius said:
i'm too curious, mulletproof :blush:

thanks for answering zarina. sounds interesting
if she heats it, then perhaps she's using a synthetic straw...
do you know if Susanne Juul has a website? ^_^

Sorry I only saw your question now. She has a website, but so far unfortunately without any information www.susannejuul.dk
If you wanna a see more of her hats, you better search for pictures of Mary.
It is some years ago, I bought my last hat - her prices have increased a lot, and I really don't have space for more hats (they take a lot of space to store), but I used to know her. I was one of her first customers, and we had a lot of fun, when I tried on my hats.
No, it isn't synthetic straw.
:flower:

I'm posting these because I want dreams of Philip Treacy tonight.

1334ae63.jpg

cafae4d5.jpg

63b9842b.jpg

9874ae2b.jpg

enokiland.com

8f95da17.jpg

7ae2b355.jpg

7436b8d2.jpg

ebay.com

Zarina said:
Sorry I only saw your question now. She has a website, but so far unfortunately without any information www.susannejuul.dk
If you wanna a see more of her hats, you better search for pictures of Mary.
It is some years ago, I bought my last hat - her prices have increased a lot, and I really don't have space for more hats (they take a lot of space to store), but I used to know her. I was one of her first customers, and we had a lot of fun, when I tried on my hats.
No, it isn't synthetic straw.
:flower:
Thanks for your help, Zarina:lucky:

Selections from "When Philip Met Isabella", all taken from Amazon.com

I know a few of these images have been posted before, but just to present everything in context...

4hixsp0.jpg

Philip Treacy studied fashion design in Dublin before winning a place at the Royal College of Art. In addition to running his own successful hat business, he has made Haute-Couture Hats for such fashion houses as Chanel, Valentino, Gianni Versace and Alexander McQueen
4hl741u.jpg

4csz1xx.jpg

2ailtvc.jpg

2pzfvjt.jpg

Does anyone have photos of beautiful pillbox hats? Does anyone wear them anymore?

for thsoe who wear hats- do you leave them on when you get inside? if not isn't you hair all mussed up?

I like the idea of a hat- but never wear them in real life because of my hair

WhiteLinen said:
Does anyone have photos of beautiful pillbox hats? Does anyone wear them anymore?

Oh I love hats!! Here are some wonderful ones from various designers. WhiteLinen - the first one is for you!! :flower:

Abrizio pillbox - peacock
ALBRIZIO-3916-2.jpg

Abrizio - Albrizio Black Coque Feather
ALBRIZIO-3932-2.jpg

Wayne Wichern Czarina
Wichern Czarina-2.jpg

Christine A. Moore Reese Silk
CAM-REESE-S-2.jpg

Couture Creations Maggie
CC-SKU108-2.jpg

Source for all images: thebonnetstore.com

Last edited by a moderator:
47b6cf27b3127cce8eb8216583ed0000001.jpg

photo: photobucket.

also i love brown fedoras, like indy!
anyone know where i'd be able to purchase one?
btw, i live in orange county.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->