The Hat Thread

philip treacy :heart:

I don't suit hats that well, but own two. One newsboy from Burberry, and one black, vintage felt one.

I love that big fur hat- it's so fun and crazy

here are a couple of pictures of Erin occonor wearing interesting hats

03m.jpg

20m.jpg

style.com

I don't know how this hat works exactly, it's like an optical illusion almost

72257141pn9.jpg

72256413cm5.jpg

gettyimages

this was at come kind of "masked ball" party- it looks like it might be the same hat designer becasue it has that same odd effect off on the left

Thank you for inspiration, The Hat Thread. I now have to go find a big furry hat for the coming winter. (It sounds kind of fun, but probably unwearable.)

Still love my O'Lover Hats fedora. I keep searching online for information about the designer--but no luck so far, other than they were featured at a crucible.org fashion show in Oakland just last night (I didn't get to go-:()

It's definitely handmade felt, and the band looks like it's from an old silk tie. I added my own feathers. I like that they're unique, local, and distinctive/quirky; I've run into a few people with their hats and it's like "Aha! You've got one, too!"

stilettogirl84 said:
this was at come kind of "masked ball" party- it looks like it might be the same hat designer becasue it has that same odd effect off on the left
that designer is Isabella Blow, non?.

i got the most adorable hat at filene's basement the other day... it's from barneys and it's this really lovely green and pink flower print floppy hat... i :heart: it...
i love floppy hats.... i'd like to find a nice straw one... :wub:

^ that is a really cute hat, cutx!

..i tried on some floppy straw hats at the gap today, but i think a straw hat is too 'old' for me. probably some kind of floral print would be better.

You can personalize any hat with scarves, hat bands, flowers, pom poms... just about anything. Consider the hat you buy as the foundation and build it up to your taste!

that's true SomethingElse, i tried fastening brooches on one of my hats yesterday :D

cutxpaste, lovely hat! Very "floppy" and summer-y :D

Attractive floppy hats

So I don't want to burn my face in the hot hot sun this summer and although I have a military-style hat the brim is only on the front, so I think the sun still gets my face from the sides...

I have been looking around and an attractive, wide-brimmed hat is a hard thing to find (in straw or any other material). Seems like most of them are either bucket hats (which make me think of pleated "mom" pants) or cowboy hats (yeeehawww)Add to the fact that I have a small head so I get lost under most hats...

I bought a ridiculous green camo floppy hat (I don't know, croc hunter style or army srgnt style or something...) I figured since all the hats looked ridiculous why go for straw or hideous neon madras (often with some rhinestone embellishments, gorgeous), go CAMO! You know make a statement...of some kind...hah (And I am also a *little* punk although "floppy hat" doesn't really go with punk and I generally don't care for camo at all). Well, I don't love it but it was $3. Le sigh. I want to replace this bizarre thing ASAP.

But, you know, every so often I see pictures of beautiful floppy hats, like this one below. Where on earth could I go about finding such a lovely? Also, any other floppy hat recs? Post yours if you got 'em!

69m.jpg

credit: style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I love those

I have a black one similar to the one in post 1, that I sometimes used this winter.. it's more of a winter-y fabric

and I recently bought a white one like it (in a lighter fabric) for this summer

there's just something about them that I love, when I wear them I just feel so.. french:blush::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->