The Havaianas Thread

AlmostFamous said:
$12 is too expensive for flip flops
then i'd advise you not to go to gucci or bottega veneta- £100 seems the standard amount for flip flops there:blink: .
i agree that for flip flops the cheaper the better- life is too short to worry about keeping them clean!

travis_nw8 said:
then i'd advise you not to go to gucci or bottega veneta- £100 seems the standard amount for flip flops there:blink: .
i agree that for flip flops the cheaper the better- life is too short to worry about keeping them clean!

haha Designer flip flops just don't tickle my shoe fancy. They're the most unfashionable of footwear.

I'm fine with my wally word flip flops. :P

I love havaianas myself, but it's just funny to me how they have become such a fashion hit in the US and Europe...! I mean, i've been wearing them since i was 5, and so has every brazilian, rich and (very) poor. They are the commonest footwear in Brasil, and much cheaper to buy there than when they are exported to the rich countries. I must say i had a chuckle when i saw them being sold in Selfridges in London at those ridiculous prices. I don't know... Don't want to offend anyone here, but to me it's all just very ironic and wierd!
I guess you could call it an incredibly clever marketing move from the company of havaianas!

On another note.. My cousin is bringing me the flowery pink ones from Brasil, can't wait! cute and comfortable!

I have a pair of black swarovski havainas, dont remember were I got them :( They were $80 and I've gotten so much compliments, the crystals stay on so well too. Only lost 1 the whole summer, and they give a little baggy of extras to glue on. I love them, not only do they hold up so nicley, but they're not felt like most of the others I've worn. The rubber is just so nice and cushy, molds with the feet. I love them!

so how exactly do you pronunce havaianas? is it like ha-va-e-ah-nas or like ha-va-e-annas? or is it something entirely different.

I've always pronounced it like you would pronounce it in spanish, which is hah-vah-ee-ah-nahs. But that could very well be wrong because I don't know how to pronounce things in portuguese. At all. But I know there are many brazilians here...so they would be able to help.

Does anyone know where I can find havaianas in new york? I usually buy mine at urban outfitters, but none of the stores have them anymore.

how are the sizing for these for MEN? looking to get a pair for my boyfriend, but i'm not sure if they run small, large, true... he takes anything from a US 8-10

What are the best sites (US) to purchase Havaianas? Price/shipping wise... the cheapest & where they would have the 4/5 US size? Ive noticed alot of them dont have that size & thats the size I need. I wish they sold them somewhere near me.
Thanks.

I just got a few pairs from havaianasus.com. They weren't the cheapest but they seemed to have the best selection and I recieved them fairly fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShoeLady said:
Does anyone know where I can find havaianas in new york? I usually buy mine at urban outfitters, but none of the stores have them anymore.

----

I believe I saw a bunch at David Z in the NoHo/Soho area.

redambition2 said:
so how exactly do you pronunce havaianas? is it like ha-va-e-ah-nas or like ha-va-e-annas? or is it something entirely different.

It's pronounced ah-vai-YAH-nas (posted on their website) :flower:
And I love mine :heart:

Guessgirl96 said:
I have a pair of black swarovski havainas, dont remember were I got them :( They were $80 and I've gotten so much compliments, the crystals stay on so well too. Only lost 1 the whole summer, and they give a little baggy of extras to glue on. I love them, not only do they hold up so nicley, but they're not felt like most of the others I've worn. The rubber is just so nice and cushy, molds with the feet. I love them!

i've got those same ones. paid 50 euros for them and love them.

havaianas are by far the most flattering cheap flip flops as their rubber gives a nice rebound to the foot and therefore a nicer shape when walking:heart:
thats one shoe i keep buying all summer long in every colour

I looooooove these Havaianas!
I asked my cousin in Brasil to get them for me, let´s see if he finds them! :D

fh.jpg

yes, they also last EXTREMELY well. I wear flipflops basically everyday, pounding the streets of london and they are starting to wear down now but they are also a couple of years old now. They are just super comfy and really my footwear of choice. Yum.

Meg said:
yes, they also last EXTREMELY well. I wear flipflops basically everyday, pounding the streets of london and they are starting to wear down now but they are also a couple of years old now. They are just super comfy and really my footwear of choice. Yum.

They really do last. I have a pair of white topped ones from the summer when Target introduced 'em to the US (maybe three or four years ago?) and they're just now getting a bit worn (although they're still pretty springy). As opposed to my el cheapo Old Navy flip flops which feel like thin paper after just one season. I'm defintely a convert.

I will buy those right here,i find them gorgeous!:heart:

havaianas swarovski:woot:
sw_jeans.jpg
fashionswar_lav.jpg

havaianas metallic
metallic_gold.jpg

aguavivausa.com

Yeah!!! they last soooo long! They are v. good quality imo.

The metallics are really cute :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->