The Jumpsuit...

looove this catsuit/bodysuit i just found on instagram. so cool

11236248_820787987969583_381361149_n.jpg

source: http://instagram.com/tfclabel

^I will second that. It looks more like the kind of wool jumpsuit you wear under winter clothes.

I feel like jumpsuits***Edited*** are making a big comeback ****Edited **** OFF TOPIC

Last edited by a moderator:
I love palazzo jumpsuits the most. Second favorites would be more flared-leg jumpsuits. I just like more elegant style jumpsuits most. I am not too fond of any real slim jumpsuit, and I am especially NOT into any harem jumpsuits or any drop crotch jumpsuits.

Mhm I like jumpsuits that have a more elegant feel to them or have the flare fit myself.The fancy ones are pretty.

Been there, done that. Love the look ... but they certainly are not practical. As a woman, ever try to use a public restroom with a jumpsuit on? I have ... and it's almost impossible in that little stall and the dirty floor. :wink:

The impracticality of if you have to use the bathroom is usually the negative in regards to jumpsuits, including rompers/playsuits. Despite this impractical element of these garments, they are still plenty stylish. Don't let this negative drive you away from wanting to wear a jumpsuit or a romper. I mentioned palazzo jumpsuits. If you don't fancy wearing proper dresses, a palazzo jumpsuit is a great pants alternative to a dress. A culotte jumpsuit is a worthy alternative to midi-length dresses and skirts. I personally just like more elegant jumpsuits than I do many casual ones.

Just for the record... I am referring to jumpsuits as one-piece pants and rompers/playsuits as one-piece shorts. Both are technically jumpsuits. Just wanted to make this sort of clarification.

I don't sweat practicality, but I guess I do pray for minimal sense of taste... these rompers look beyond tacky no matter what you look like. There may be a bit of hope in jumpsuits (long ones) as eveningwear but the short versions? gross, and it usually doesn't just stop at that, the person wearing them tends to make it lethal by adding a pair of flip-flops, or a fedora, a Michael Kors bag, a leopard/zebra print, maybe even a starbucks drink in one hand. Of all the public, sartorial statements you can make on how you just don't care about fashion or have lost purpose in life, jeans + tee>>romper. :lol:

(LA's gotten me so worked up on this.. :lol:)

Been there, done that. Love the look ... but they certainly are not practical. As a woman, ever try to use a public restroom with a jumpsuit on? I have ... and it's almost impossible in that little stall and the dirty floor. :wink:

i know. this keeps me from wearing mine

I wear jumpsuits all the time. I'm so used to them that the "toilet problem" does not bother me anymore. Contrary to popular opinion, I do not like them at all in those palazzo styles. I buy mine at Isabel Marant and A.P.C. I do not make distinctions between evening wear and casual clothes, I never dress particularly different for any event, so with a quick change of shoes, I think they work fine in all contexts and that's a bonus
A.P.C. In particular uses the most amazing fabrics, and that for me is halfway for a good outfit, a crepe jumpsuit I bought there in 2013 is probably the outfit I receive most compliments for, to the point that it became stupidly conspicuous, not good when you do not have much money and wear things to death.

I'm all for jumpsuits but these overalls are a step further. I think it only works on the catwalk but not in real life...

Hi in my country (holland) I see more and more of these overalls.
I bought one myself from Fornarina
And I do like m what do you think of the overall?

These are great :

*** Edited *** removing quoted photos.

I don't mean an overall like this :sick: !

Even I, wouldn't want to be caught wearing that, ha ha ha..

how bout this type of jumpsuit?
2521.jpg

or maybe this one:
458089_070915_33534.jpg

its an online shop called Camilla.com.au, though I have no idea if their shipping in Holland.

bodysuits

Hi in my country (holland) I see more and more of these overalls.
I bought one myself from Fornarina
And I do like m what do you think of the overall?

These are great :

*** Edited *** removing quoted photos.

I don't mean an overall like this :sick: !

I love bodysuits! The only negative I find about them is that I have a long torso, short legs, a small bust, and big thighs so it is hard to find one that fits correctly. The very nature of a pantsuit eliminates the possibility of shopping for a different sized top and bottom and often requires a lot of alterations.

That is why I am leaning more towards the idea of a stretchy, legless bodysuit. If I am going to get real, I like them for day-to-night looks because I can tuck it in a pair of pants or skirt for work and I never have the problem of my shirt rising and showing my crack at the office. Then I get to let down my hair and spice it up for the evening.

Do you guys have any opinions on where to shop for them. I found a few I think I might get. What do you think?

Mark and Estel: $39.50 with code 50MEL (half off)
markandestelshop.com

Nasty Gal: $99.40 (30% off)
nastygal.com

Welcome to the Fashion Spot! I see that you are a new member, so I want to guide you a bit about tFS rules and our unusual policies (we know that we are complicated, so we expect new members to take a while to learn all the stuff in our rules .. you might want to peruse the Announcements and Member Support threads, expecially the pinned threads at the top.)

So you know ... when posting pictures, please disable the links to your sources. Detailed info about proper tFS crediting can be found here, in the Announcements forum: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f4...e-credits-image-article-news-story-92242.html

Also, remember to remove photos when you quote a previous post. The tiny arrow in the circle is a link back to that post, if someone want's to see the original photo.

I will disable these links for you and replace them with the applicable "source" so you can see what it looks like. And I'll remove the quoted photo.

One last thing ... shopping questions about what to buy, other members opinions about your choices and where you are getting them from should be posted in the appropriate "Shop til You Drop" thread.

Thanks for the contributions! :flower:

Jumpsuits are a classic in my books. However, there is the issue of finding one that fits just right and compliments the body. At times I see women in jumpsuits that do nothing for their figure. My advice would be to pick right.

Jumpsuits can look quite stylish or cute. Although the style of the product is variable, I generally like to wear jumpsuit. It removes the feeling of discomfort given by the skirt or dress. However, you can still feel feminine.
Here is the last jumpsuit I bought:
sleeveless-v-neck-strip-boho-chic-jumpsuits

This one is just cute one not stylish but very lovely:
summer-casual-cotton-solid-short-overalls

product-image-1308531248_720x.jpg SUMMER CASUAL COTTON SOLID SHORT OVERALLS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back