Are the 70's coming back?

i love disco shoes :heart: :P :blush:

i think they are slowly coming back, Chloe deffinetly had 70's influence for spring. but they usually do.

I hope it dosn't get to tacky though, i thought we where just starting to move beyond over done and sex/power obsession

Are the 70`s coming back?

I have such a feeling, but i could be wrong. So does anyone know/think if they are, and do you know by any chance why?

Thanks!

as much as I like retro and that era.. no chance. at all. Eras up to 90s had their own individuality. 00s are just scrambled up eras, come- and go- backs.
and yes, I'd love to live in those days. was something else.

Sorry, i explained it wrong, i meant, do you think as a trend the seventies wil be comming back. Just influences from the seventies, like we see from the fifties and all. But thanks for replying:smile:!

that's what I meant hehe.. even though some pieces of 70s are put in this puzzle, or else worn lol, the rest 00's [clothes that is], spoil it :/

couldnt we have a real 70s come back? lol

there is some 70's feel in all those empire dresses for fw05.06
but more towards a BiBa / bohemian/decadance/ 20's style

i wouldnt say the 70s is a main trend for seasons to come

Of course I'd love to see the return of some of the 70's styles. That's when I could wear heels and not be out of style! lol

I think we saw a bit of early 70's bohemian in the s/s 05 collections, but it definitely didn't carry over into fall. Fall was way to sharp and minimal to be 70's and there was a lot of mod influence going around, so I think Lena may be right in her prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:
hollyslookingdry said:
NO PLATFORM SHOES!!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

Out of all the time periods, I despise the 70s. Very tacky.

Hi everyone,

No matter what comes into style, people eventually start to love it! After the 80s, everyone totally hated it and said "oh my gosh what were we thinking?!" and lo and behold it returns!

70s have been rsurfacing for at least 2 years with satin jackets, gauchos - the Boho look was HUGE! Tie dye (think last year Prada), ripped jeans....the list goes on!

there is definately a feel in the air. usually it is a 20 year cycle..although i'm not quite sure about fashion. there is a reaction against the 90's..everything is very earthy, boho, mary kate..there is an emergence of the underground. this is felt on a much broader scale than just fashion..all design. alot of design firms are focusing on ecological, sustainable design..and "experiences" of the consumer..they know products shouldn't be dictated..but filted through..it think people distrust all these labels dictating themselves. ethic inspired trends makes sense, because if you cannot find inspiration and comfort from your own surroundings..then look toward other cultures, more primitive and pure... this manifestation isn't straight out hippie or boho..it's about the freedom of collaging different styles. thats why i think the ysl collection was reacted to so strongly...w/ the spiritual element and the old world embroidery..it had a level of realism to it..it was old world craft. craft has been huge for awhile..the mainstream is just starting to get it.

banana said:
Whenever there is some sort of decade revival trend going on I just pick the items I like to add to my wardrobe. I never don a head to toe retro look because I think that looks a bit stupid.

Same here. But you can find some "retro" looks that don't look very retro. They had polos and striped tees and pretty blouses back then as well as all the super trendy things.

I liked the early 70s though, when there was more of a "Hippie" feel to everything which started in the 60's. It was more earthy, lots of skirts and love beads. Not really into the whole tie-dye and peace signs though. :D

Aren't we JUST coming through the 70s revival , initiated by Tom Ford in his hipster collection of the mid 90s that nearly blew away the minimalist movement born of Helmut Lang et al ?:unsure:

Colour and camp came back to the detriment of 90s ' modernism ' .:yuk:

It was a change , but let's give it another 20 year cycle before we rummage in the 70s costume chest again . :cry:

Madonna's got the 70's vibe thing going on nowadays... (from people.com)

I'm excited. :heart:

I think that bits and pieces of the seventies will be back for next years fall/winter.. like wide legs maybe...

I think some 70's influenced items have slowly been creeping back in... I hope your prediction is right, seann... personally, I just love the glitter, and gold and silver of the 70's... such a happening time.

I love sparkling things but it's quite the dangerous trend, I mean, some people do take trends to the limit and too much glitter on the streets would be a big no no.

And Disco?!

180px-Saturday_night_fever.jpg

{source: wikipedia.org}

I think it is deffiently coming in now, I predict a big intrest in all things studio 54.

May be people want to escape the problems of the world? The conservativism? They want sex and riches back? I don't know....

This is great... just had a studio 54 party this weekend..

but then again, now that I think about the clothes we wore..

definitely different times.
the world can never be the same again as it was 30 years ago.. but who knows, maybe the disco vibe can revive.. :smile:

people are so fed up of getting up and worrying about work and hurry with a coffee in hand to work.
too much tense and nerves.

where's the living life part go? :unsure::ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->