The Last Movie You Saw?

Driveways (2019) by Andrew Ahn! Such a lovely and wonderful indie. Highly recommended! :flower:

Hush (1998), a bit pulpy but I'll admit I just watched it for the way it looked

MaXXXine (2024), I didn't like it was much as X or Pearl. It was way too reliant on pastiche and it ended up dragging.

The Perfect Wife (2024), a documentary about the "disappearance" of Sherri Papini. Such an interesting true crime documentary because there wasn't actually a murder or a kidnapping, just a crazy woman faking her own kidnapping! :lol:

Dìdi (2024). I love coming-of-age stories, and this one is absolutely brilliant. Also Joan Chen deserves an Oscar nomination.

I went for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice at the weekend, the most fun I've had in a movie theatre in the last couple of years. Wasn't about to pass up a chance to see Winona on a big screen.

I have watched The Substance and I am not sure what to think about it. It was alright but I also expected more.

I saw slingshot. Not what it deserved. It was not that great , but the worst movie of the year as it will be dubbed. Not at all.

I have watched The Substance and I am not sure what to think about it. It was alright but I also expected more.

I loved it. The last 20-30 minutes were hard to stomach…. the level of violence and gore would make Mel Gibson blush. But loved it overall.

I wanna see The Substance so badly! So excited for it

Also just saw Speak No Evil. I thought it was pretty good! Slow burn but high tension throughout the whole thing and got pretty scary. I kept wondering if the crazy woman was Kim Petras or not lol. And also Scoot McNairy is cute 😳

I watched Almost Famous for the first time and.. I'm kind of disappointed. The amount of people that have talked about this like 'uh yeah I learned to appreciate music thanks to this movie' 'this movie defined my youth'.. and this is it?!.

I will say though, every time I've seen Billy Crudup shown off as a stud I wondered if I was blind, like.. this man is whatever, but man, after watching Almost Famous, I get it, he was one gorgeous man back in the day, whoever told him to cut his hair and to not have a mustache lol: wrong!

Hijack 1971, it was all right I think? About a plane hijacking in South Korea in, well, 1971. Pretty good action scenes but they treated the only female protagonist as such an afterthought, it was both a shame - she's a good actress - and not unexpected since this is the reality of 'male pov only' filmmaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->