The Last Movie You Saw?

Stalker ... Admitting I just saw it for the first time right now lol. Anddd I feel quite related to it. Chile I know this will come up in therapy next week.

the substance... i hate saying this but mother demi was M O T H E R I N G (quite literally tbh) and the third act is just WOW 4.5 out of 5 stars

• Love
Reactions: KoV
Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai on Sunday. Great movie. So bloody long though wow it was a 4 hour commitment. Hated the audience in the cinema though; they kept uncomfortably laughing at moments they didn't get due to a cultural disconnect and because of sheer stupidity.

Last night, The Substance. I LOVED it. Lots of plot-holes though. Still confused by Sue's capacity at handiwork and bodily strength. The ending made me laugh. So sudden, so silly but what a way to finish the film in a really absurd classic/old-school creature film kind of way. And the sound design. Great music, and so many wet succulent noises.

^ Oh and also I wonder if Demi's face in 2021 at the Fendi show has something to do with this movie. If so, that's kinda method and good for her.

I watched “Challengers”, a movie where, again, I think dear Zendaya was miscast. Lovely actress, sure, just don’t see her in a lot of the roles she’s in. Meh.

200 Cigarettes (1999), I really enjoyed it it's the perfect New Year's Eve movie and the costumes are 10/10

Nicotina (2003), it's so much fun
omg I had not thought about that movie in so long! can’t remember what it was about but I do remember it being fun!

The Apprentice (2024).. I only bothered because.. when everyone's oh so outspoken about politics, and will bankroll anything popular, but this film remained without distributors in the US for months, then I want to see it lol. It was surprisingly good! NY looks filthy and glamorous and cinematic, the way NY in the 70s is described by everyone that experienced it. Sebastian Stan is flawless as Donald Trump, from the candids when this was being filmed, I thought he'd enter parody territory but he lands the character exactly where it should be. It doesn't flatter him by presenting him as a villain or anti-hero, or as anti-establishment the way his more naive, blue-collar fanbase want to believe he is, but as the mundane, grotesque landlord from Queens desperate to dominate the New York elite but who somehow ends up only fully understanding and being fully understood by every well-known pig in the city (in the words of Roy, 'if you're indicted, you're invited' :lol:).

Jeremy Strong did enter parody territory a bit but he is hilarious as Roy Cohn, now that's one great villain, outrageous and pure evil when needed and believable too as hurt and vulnerable.

Also loved that Maria Bakalova elevated Ivana a bit.. her style seems almost fun on screen (when in reality it was just so tacky..).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
49erscoys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->