The L'Oréal Paris Cosmetics Campaign Thread

Duckie Thot announced on her insta she has a contract.

I've seen Duckie in a L'Oreal ad in the September issue of Allure, a few pages after the cover, for Colour Riche Ultra Matte lipstick.

I would never wish it on the most reviled model to book L'oreal. Ok, maybe just Bianca Balti, who really belongs at this brand. But their roster is just too big. Loads of little small fishes in a big pond, then there's the celebs. So the brand will get you tickets to Cannes, and the money may be goo, but is it really much of a stepping stone for these girls?

Luma Grothe seems to be working less, I can't recall when last I've seen Ming Xi in an editorial, and now they have Duckie, who's career looks holds so much promise, buried underneath all these names.

In a world of ever-decreasing budgets, L'Oreal has the means to employ hundreds of spokesmodels, most of whom don't seem to do very much for the money they must receive.

The design of their ads has also become very dull. There's generic - and then there's forgettable. Beauty ads are the one place where airbrushed glamour belongs - we all know that a drugstore shampoo will not perform miracles, but we'd like to buy a tiny piece of the dream, thanks.

When "influencers" and youtubers become the face of L'Oreal, you know the brand has totally lost its prestige. Everyone and their dog can become a L'Oreal ambassador now.

The design of their ads has also become very dull. There's generic - and then there's forgettable. Beauty ads are the one place where airbrushed glamour belongs - we all know that a drugstore shampoo will not perform miracles, but we'd like to buy a tiny piece of the dream, thanks.

I've noticed this as well! Their images lack that wow factor it used to have. Milla Jovovich's seasonal beauty campaigns, any of Laetitia Casta's campaigns for starters (which had to rival with Elizabeth at EL, Amber Valetta at Arden, Cindy/Halle/Sarah at Revlon, and Christy at Maybelline), one could at least tell them apart from one another. Now everything just sort of flows into one another.

I would never wish it on the most reviled model to book L'oreal. Ok, maybe just Bianca Balti, who really belongs at this brand. But their roster is just too big. Loads of little small fishes in a big pond, then there's the celebs. So the brand will get you tickets to Cannes, and the money may be goo, but is it really much of a stepping stone for these girls?.

I think L'Oreal really helped Alexina Graham out. She became an ambassador and then went on to feature in the Balmain collab. From there, she walked for Balmain and appeared in a campaign and then she got the VS show. She works for those three brands to this day. So I do think it can help, but maybe not for everyone.

Although I'm glad to see Duckie sign with them. Her skin is actually flawless.

Barbara Palvin is just announced as new face of Armani Beauty. Surprised since L’Oreal have been using her the most the past last seasons

That said, the amount of media coverage she's received through being dumped is more than most people get when they're hired. It was the front page story on one UK newspaper!

Geri Horner:

ES Magazine Digital Edition

Damn straight it stops right now. Aside from the PR from the Spice Girls being momentarily on tour, I don't get why any brand would pass on Cheryl... only to end up with Geri.

That is...not very flattering of Geri lol. She looks like a ventriloquist's doll

She looks like a ventriloquist's doll

Stop! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Now all I see when I look at this campaign is Geri's lips moving automaton like without any sounds coming out.

Hate her smirk, but I have a soft spot for Geri. She seems so blithely unaware of her detractors constantly exposing her flaws, insecurity and social climbing ways, that it's downright campy.
If Geri were active in the 50s and 60s she'd be revered as a gay icon for her tenacity. God knows she's not very far from Judy Garland.

Although with all that said, this deal must've been brokered before Mel B and The Mail went on attack. So it's interesting to see that they still went with her after all the intrigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->