The NY Times T Style Magazine Men's Fall 2010 : Stephen Dorff by Hedi Slimane

Reaction score
tmagcovermensfall2010tm.jpg

Whether you fancy yourself a rugged individual, or simply want to dress like one, this is your season, and our fall men’s issue is here to guide the way. It starts with our cover star, Stephen Dorff, who in the course of his career has played a Beatle, a vampire, a transvestite, and in Sofia Coppola’s upcoming film, “Somewhere,” an actor whose career is on cruise control but whose life is about to veer into a ditch. Elsewhere in the issue, Jim Lewis visits the legendary photographer Bruce Davidson, whose Brooklyn Gang series from the 50’s still clicks today; Holly Brubach revisits the work of Gay Talese, the man who practically reinvented sports writing; and David Knowles hops in a truck with Mister Mort and Jay Carroll in search of great American style. And speaking of trips, Steve Pulimood drops in on the artists Justin Lowe and Jonah Freeman as they transform an icon of modernist design into a swinging LSD safe house.

On the fashion front, the Charles Lindbergh look is flying high; Paul Bunyan meets Kurt Cobain in the plaid revival; and designers turn out cold weather gear worthy of a Shackleton expedition. (Designer leuku knife and hiking boots not included.) Now get out there and show them what you’re made of.
tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com

SOMEWHERE MAN
Grooming: David Cox
Stylist: Bruce Pask
Photographer: Hedi Slimane

source | nytimes

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I love that photo and Dorff. Can't wait to see him in Sofia Coppola's new movie.

So will this be in the New York Times on the 12th?

It's a great cover...but seriously NYT. A stern expression with a wrinkled forehead on every cover for the last year...it's getting old (no pun intended).

SOLID CITIZENS
Models: Miles Garber, Aiden Andrews, Michael Elmquist,
Charlene Almarvez, Corey Baptiste & Pauline Van Der Cruysse
Hair: Bok Hee
Makeup: Stevie Huynh
Stylist: Bifen Xu
Photographer: KT Auleta

source | nytimes

Last edited by a moderator:
COLD PLAY
Model: Lasse Pedersen
Grooming: James Pecis
Stylist: Bruce Pask
Photographer: Jacob Sutton

source | nytimes

LEISURE SUITS
Models: Max Barreau, Bunny Kinney, Joshua McKenna & Patrick O'Donnell
Grooming: Jimo Salako
Stylist: Simon Foxton
Photographer: Laurence Passera

source | nytimes

'Leisure Suits'...wow this is a really good story. The textures, lighting and colours are so dreamy and hypnotic and the styling is so fun and creative.

Thanks for being a saviour to these NYT threads MMA :P: :flower:.

Cold Play is one of the best editorials I've seen! :shock: I love the concept, and the photos are gripping.. so darkly melancholic.

Wow the editorials look so good, especially 'Cold Play'!

I love the cover, though it is a typical boring Slimane shot, but it somehow works. The eds look gorgeous too!

Such a powerful cover! I really wish I could find it here but I don't think I will ever find it.

Thanks MMA for the rest :heart:

I get a bit upset every time I see a man on a magazine cover with all his "imperfections" celebrated. Why women can't get the same treatment I'll never know...

Thanks for all the images tho, MMA!

I get a bit upset every time I see a man on a magazine cover with all his "imperfections" celebrated. Why women can't get the same treatment I'll never know...

Thanks for all the images tho, MMA!

We live in a world where men are suppossed to be shown as the rough, raw macho stereotype and women, well... as perfect plastic b*tches. I mean, we see breasts everywhere on magazines, but they are always afraid of showing a penis and when they do it, it's like a big deal.
Thank God, tumblr exists . ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvmuzse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->