Another Man F/W 09.10 : Robert Pattinson by Hedi Slimane

Regroup - A contemporary take on a classic wardrobe

Photographed by : Daniel Jackson
Styling by : Mattias Karlsson
Models : Joe , Jonny , Ali , Anhelaisha , Devine , Andriy , Julain , Steve , Andrew , Alano , Alex , Sean , Coley , Lioyd , Colin , Roy & John

[.exacteditions via surreal7..]

Thanks for the review and pics, *surreal!. :heart:

To be honest, my excitement for this has died down, I'm only hanging on what Leblon and Mackie could've done here but still feels like such an uninspiring issue that I could easily pass on, and it's sad cause Another Men is one of my favorites, must-have purchases. It just feels like a downgrade from the last issues.. putting Thurston on last season's cover felt quite bold and exciting and seeing Pattinson now makes me wonder how bad the sales must've been to pick an overexposed actor right around the promotion of his new film :doh:.. Jefferson's choices always seem quite honest to me but even the light in which Robert was photographed (so unlike Emile Hirsch or Gael or any 'young hot thing' that has graced the cover), all face shots, suited more for the taste of a girl-only fanbase that can't just get enough.. I don't know, it feels like a desperate move and I don't think this is the exposure they want.. not that Another Man is that easy to find/buy for little girls anyway but, I thought they had different priorities.
I do wonder if Nicola had anything to do with this.. since he put Kirsten Stewart on the cover of Dazed and is now styling this. :innocent:

Wow, I didn't realise it was Nicola's idea to put Kristen on the cover of Dazed.

I had a quick look through this issue of Another Man earlier today, and it seems much thinner and less inspired than previous issues, which was a bit disappointing. I didn't realise the price was now £5.95 either...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Nicola is the editor-in-chief at Dazed, hence my conclusion. but I could be wrong!.

It's definitely about money, Mullet... really disappointing move on their end. Another Man and Robert Pattinson is such a strange, far-fetched pairing and not in a good/amusing way either. He seems more suited for Rolling Stone or Nylon Guys, tbh. I haven't seen much of his work so I have no opinion on his talents as an actor, but as a model, especially a model on the cover of Another Man, he falls incredibly flat. There is nothing inspired or moving about it, it's just a poor guy who is over-exposed to the pt. of no return... you can see the confusion and annoyance in Robert's face, even. :lol:

There are much more interesting, prolific actors out there who could have used the publicity. Robert certainly doesn't need any more of it...

Regroup - A contemporary take on a classic wardrobe

Photographed by : Daniel Jackson
Styling by : Mattias Karlsson

Photographed by : Hedi Slimane
Styling by : Alister Mackie
Model : Alex Dunstan

Photographed by : Norbert Schoerner
Styling by : Nicola Formichetti
Models : Adam Bates, Cory Osborne, Chris Darrow, London Westrom & Ryan Smith

Photographed by : Serge Lebon
Styling by : Bryan McMahon
Models : Anthon Wellsjo, Adrien Sahores & Wael Sersoub

Does this means all the eds have the same theme surrealseven? :flower:

I got it!
Hedi's other editorial is f**ing incredible. Scans coming up ahead.
By the way: Man, does that Pattinson guy look bland or what...?

As it has already been said, no titles for the eds.
Ph: Hedi Slimane
St: Alister Mackie
Mod: Alex Dunstan

Source: My scans

^Thanks! One question: are these really scans or are they digital pics?

Yes digital pics my dear... I would be the god of scanning if I produced such high quality scans. :smile:

^hehehe I was hoping you could share your magic tricks with me :smile:

i saw those photos on his fashion diary and was wondering where they were going.. they're breathtaking. slimane always brings some sort of emotion from his models in his photographs but the ones with pattinson fall so flat..

^yeah, I was hoping Hedi would do something different with Pattinson other than the "handsome James Dean-esque" pictures that others already did. Maybe the outtakes would be more challenging...

in general the editorial of this issue are very boring and nothing sexy this tim not buyit

I really love the mood of the editorial Hedi Slimane shot. The cover and its editorial are striking as well.

in general the editorial of this issue are very boring and nothing sexy this tim not buyit

Could you briefly describe the editorials for us?

I actually like this magazine a lot because of the same reason you mention. Although I would not call it boring. Not sexy? well, I can't be sure -since I'm straight (or whatever it is the appropriate word nowadays)- if it is or if it isn't, but I'm almost certain that there are some images that might appear sexy to some. Maybe not in the straight-forward, all-out, all-the-way sexy...

There's this thing in men fashion magazines that, unfortunately for me, tend to focus A LOT in very sexy imagery. There have been several times when, after watching lots of men fashion magazines, I have found myself wondering if what I had just seen was a fashion magazine or a cultural variety magazine with a strong fondness for erotic imagery. I've seen a lot of men fashion magazines right here that adapt to that description.

I know that in women fashion magazines there's also a lot of sexiness, but there is almost always (unless the world was colored Purple B)) an emphasis on styling and other artistic manifestations that come together in what we all have come to know as an editorial.
What I'm trying to say is that i know (and concur with) is that fashion is not only clothing, it involves a lot more: photography, styling, art direction, modeling talent,creativity (i'm falling short here...) and inevitably (thank God!) eroticism. The question is: to what extent should one of the components prevail over the others until it loses its reference to fashion itself?

Now for the boring part. It's been made clear to me (through a long learning process from the valuable opinions of everyone here) that an ed is considered boring when:
1)It privileges the clothing/styling component over the otherwise essential "fantasy" component (Note: I repeat, I'm not saying fantasy is a secondary or inessential component)
2)The setting of the ed is more related to a "real-world" circumstance.
Maybe I'm wrong about this. Only questions, no statements.

AnotherMan is a magazine that I think has attained a real balance between this two components and that's the reason why I adore it.

Maybe I'm a dull person and have bad taste and whatever... but I thank that of the myriad of publications that leave me wanting more (or less if you prefer) AnotherMan satisfies me almost to a full extent.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while. Hope to get responses since this subject really interests me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->