The Official Teen Magazine Thread

spring 2005 trends from elle girl

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thanks for the scans! I love the styling as usual.

my cosmogirl review

192 pgs

notable new ads:
l'oreal paris hip (oluchi and cintia) - 2 pgs
l'oreal paris sublime glow daily moisturizer (scarlett johansson) - 1 pg

ed:

"spring trends" - biggest fashion and beauty trends: brights, nautical, golden highlights (beauty), pretty pastels (beauty), military, bronze glow (beauty), bold prints, bubble gum lips, ethereal, faux bob (beauty), white.

fashion coverage:

celebrity style awards

spring shopping booklet - shorts, espadrilles, dresses, sneakers, necklaces, tanks, jackets, skirts, polo shirts, bags. with coupons for buckle, forever 21, lola, finish line, deb, charlotte russe, claire's, nine west, payless, and baker's.

prom special - dresses, hair, makeup for every style

overall: i like it. even though cosmogirl is really better at articles than fashion, it's still puts forth a good effort. extra points for the shopping booklet and coupons (i love coupons!) 6 out of 10 stars

2 pictures from an ed from teen vogue:

fa835mn.jpg

fa826bu.jpg

bwgreyscale

my ellegirl review

notable new ads:

vigoss jeans (cast of "america's next top model") - 5 pgs
ad for new season of antm - 1 pg

eds:

"frankly, nicole" - 4 pgs
"spring 2006" - trends: dance fever, kaleidoscope patterns, tablecloth chic, and baroque rocker (posted above) - 8 pgs
"prom queens" - various looks for "before prom"
"shall we dance?" - prom looks - 8 pgs

other notables:

"backstage hair report" - hairstyles from the spring runways - 4 pgs
"backstage at fashion week" - pics from backstage at twinkle, keanan duffy, and the blonds - 6 pgs

overall: you gotta love it. ellegirl always takes the trends and styles them in the most unique ways. their articles are interesting as well. check out the new column "blog of the month." 8 out of 10 stars

bumping this thread back into the present.

the new issue of seventeen should be coming out soon. anyone know who's on the cover?

^geez, i'm sorry i asked now. i'm starting to despise seventeen.

thanks anyway for posting the cover. :flower:

yes, i've hated seventeen for awhile. i think the fashion is so cheesy.
plus lindsay looks scary and extremely unatural..

^yeesh, you should see it in person. got it in the mail today, and it looks like not only does she have a fake tan, it looks like they airbrushed freckles on her! Isn't it ironic that one of the coverlines reads "How to Spot a Fake Person"? :lol: :lol:

My Seventeen Review:

180 pgs.

New, Notable Ads:
DKNY Jeans - Back Cover
Keds - 4 pgs
CoverGirl (Tiiu Kuik) - 1 pg
Bongo (Cast of The O.C.) - 1 pg
Torrid - 1 pg
CK One Summer - 1 pg (w/ Sample)
Pepe Jeans - 1 pg

Editorials:

"Lindsay Lohan" - According to the description of the ed, Lindsay "made it to the photo shoot--but cancelled the interview after she was hospitalized for an asthma attack a few weeks later." Oooookaaaaaayyyy. :innocent: The pictures are hideous.

"Cute Jeans" - Denim designers (Citizens of Humanity, Rock & Republic, 7 for All Mankind, Paige Premium Denim) share their inspirations and Seventeen gives similar lower-priced styles and what to wear with them.

"Bright Eyes" - Bold eye makeup for every skin tone.

Other Articles:

"Celeb Beauty Steals" - Beyonce, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson, etc share their cheap beauty favorites.

"Star Makeover" - Getting Reese Witherspoon's makeup look for more or less.

"Top 10 Shopping Hot Spots" - Best pieces to buy at stores like Old Navy, H&M, Target, etc.

"Unique and Affordable Prom Dresses" - Buying vintage prom dresses that look like celeb dresses.

"My Favorite Deals!" - Carrie Underwood, Paris Hilton, Alexis Bledel share their bargain favorites (like Wendy's 99c chicken nuggets). :blink:

"Redecorate for Free" - How to redo your room without spending any money.

"5 Flattering Dresses" - Wrap, A-line, etc dresses and what to wear with them.

"The Best Figure Fixers" - How to make a small chest, curvy hips, curvy other things look better. (Whatever happened to loving your body?)

"Look Hot in Your Clothes" - Tips on buying the right underwear, etc.

"Get Your Shiniest Hair Ever" - Blah, blah, blah.

"The Right Haircut for Your Face Shape" - Haircuts modeled by celebrities.

"Top 10 Hair Trends for Spring" - Center part, pony loop, low braid, etc.

"Steal Jessica's Style" - How to get her hair, from her hairstylist.

"Four Cute Ways to Wear a Flower in Your Hair" - Um, wtf?

"Embarrassing Scalp Problems Solved" - How to fix dandruff, excess oil, etc.

"The Body Report" - Weight issues, how to get better, etc.

"When Online Friends Aren't Who They Seem" - Stupid real-life story.

"Find Out if He Really Loves You"

"Help Him Through a Crisis"

"I'm A Player!" - Real-life story.

"My Mom's Too Hard on Me" - Yet another stupid real-life story.

"Is She Fake Or Real?" - Fake friends - how to tell them apart.

"College To-Do List"

"Get Respect"

"Embrace Your Fabulosity" - Excerpt from Kimora Lee Simmons' new book.

"Family Betrayal" - Oh, yes, it's another real-life story.

Overall:

Three words: Don't. Even. Bother. I'm writing Seventeen a nasty letter, and if they send me one more issue as shallow and stupid as this, I'm cancelling my subscription.

peacelover142002 said:
^yeesh, you should see it in person. got it in the mail today, and it looks like not only does she have a fake tan, it looks like they airbrushed freckles on her! Isn't it ironic that one of the coverlines reads "How to Spot a Fake Person"? :lol: :lol:

:lol: Lindsay looked like she swallowed a bottle of day glo. And for the "how to spot a fake person" I think I see someone already, who is on the cover...

‘Seventeen’ Bravely Puts Out Lohan-less April Issue

READ MORE: Lindsay Lohan, seventeen

liloseven.jpg

Because she’s the only young actress who anyone seems to care about anymore, the April issue of Seventeen crowns Lindsay Lohan as its monthly prom queen (quite the appropriate choice, we might add, as this issue seems to deal with “sexy hair”). What’s particularly interesting, however, is the cover blurb: Exclusive! Lindsay Lohan - Her Mom Speaks - “My Child Is Not Perfect”.

“Not perfect” is an understatement. As we understand it, Lindsay showed up for the photo shoot, but ditched the interview a week later because of those pesky “asthma complications.” So mom Dina — always the professional — covered for her daughter’s senior ditch day, giving the miffed magazine the next best thing: an interview about Lindsay. That’s good enough, right? Right? Hello?

Someday, when Lohan’s body mysteriously turns up in a ditch, we’ll be right here, patiently awaiting editor Atoosa Rubenstein’s arrest.
Seventeen

cortesy of gawker

Yay for this thread! I love Teen Vogue and Elle Girl, especially now that Elle Girl UK is defunct :( Does anyone know if you can order back issues of Teen Vogue? I seriously need the Dec 2003/Jan 2004 issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->