The PRADA Phone by LG (KE850)

I like the touch-screen, but, I just wish it was a bit more.. I don't know, SPECIAL? You're paying who knows how much over retail price for one Prada logo slapped on it? Ridiculous.

The specs on all the previous designer phones have been really low tech and overpriced, and I don't think this will be an exception. Even the B&O phone was stripped of features.

ugh! This whole technology + designer shenanigan is really getting on my nerves. Versace and Dolce & Gabanna have tried this and it really is crappy idea.

JR1 said:
They should have used Bang Olufsen...(But I think they are doing the vuitton phone)

Is that a joke? If BG& Vuitton do a phone I could see Marc Jacobs giving one to Pharrell,Kate Moss,Lil Kim an charging the rest of us like $5000 for it.

I hope thats not the final production of the Prada phone because I wanted one but not if that it.

OOO I have an idea! Im gonna make my own designer phone charger. itll be the chicest thing on the planet.

so this is the new trend...:ninja: :rolleyes:

the only thing innovative about that phone is the touchscreen. i see it as a phone version of the nylon prada bags- a blank slate with a sad looking "prada" slabbed on it.

I think the phone is the most exicting thing I've seen at Prada.

i only like the touch screen part..but lg not the best company for a cell phone.

Jan. 18, 2007
Mobile Innovation Meets Avant-Garde Design

PRADA and LG launch the world’s first completely touch screen mobile phone
LG Electronics, a pioneer in consumer electronics and mobile phones, and PRADA, one of the world’s leading brands in the luxury goods industry , unveil the first completely touch screen mobile phone.

The PRADA Phone by LG (KE850) is a real breakthrough in the industry, as it is a unique, sophisticated and elegant mobile phone with the first complete advanced touch interface.

LG and PRADA have worked closely together on every aspect of the product, from handset development to marketing combining the attention to detail and uncompromising quality of PRADA design with the trademark technological innovation of LG mobile.

PRADA’s involvement extends beyond exterior aesthetics to the key elements of the user experience such as the advanced touch interface, ring tones, pre-loaded content, mobile phone accessories and the exclusive leather case, inspired by the classic Italian craftsmen tradition.

“We at LG are exceptionally proud of the PRADA Phone by LG” says Dr. Scott Ahn, President & CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. He continues, “The two companies have worked together seamlessly towards a truly shared vision, to develop one of the most beautifully stylish handsets the market has ever seen.”

Visiting LG Headquarters in Seoul, Korea, Mr. Patrizio Bertelli, President and CEO of PRADA, said: "As we do with ready-to-wear and accessories, we were looking at a break-through. Consistent with our approach, we are not branding an existing product; rather, Miuccia and I have been working with LG to give this new phone a very strong character and unique style, both in its contents and in its design. We, just like our partners at LG, are known for the attention to detail and uncompromising quality of our products. And we find these characteristics in the new mobile phone."

The PRADA Phone by LG introduces the world’s first advanced touch interface which eliminates the conventional keypad making the overall usage experience a highly tactile one. An extra wide LCD screen maximizes visual impact, allowing the user to benefit from several key features of the phone, including the 2 megapixel camera featuring Schneider-Kreuznach lens, video player and document viewer capacity. Above all, these features contribute to the phone’s beautifully sleek and simplistic appearance.

Glowing icons on the face of the phone disappear when not in use to reveal a pure, un-adulterated black exterior. The phone is ultra thin (just 12 mm), nonetheless it hosts an array of additional multimedia functions, including an MP3 player and a music multitasking function for messaging. It also boasts an external memory slot, allowing the user to increase memory capacity for images, music and film clips.

The PRADA Phone by LG will be available with prices starting from 600 Euros in mobile dealerships as well as selected PRADA stores in the UK, France, Germany and Italy as of late February, 2007, followed by countries in Asia such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore from late March, 2007. The Korean version of the phone is scheduled to launch in the second quarter of 2007.

For further information on LG mobile handsets, please visit www.lgpradaphone.com

Features
• Capacitive Touch Screen
• Music Player (MP3, ACC, ACC+, WMA, RA)
• Music Multitasking (Messaging)
• Video Player (MPEG4, H.263, H.264)
• Macromedia Flash UI
• Document Viewer (ppt, doc, xls, pdf, txt )

Specifications
• EDGE Tri-Band (900/1800/1900)
• 98.8 × 54 × 12 mm
• 2M CMOS Camera / LED Flash
• External Memory Slot (Micro SD)
• Innerpack Battery 800mAh
• Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0, USB Mass storage

front%20flat1_20070118104240.jpg

20070118120433230nh0.jpg

pradake850landscapexr2.jpg

So the US gets the iPhone first, while the rest of the world gets the Prada phone. Hmmmm. :ninja:

Oh, and please don't say that the KE850 is a knock off of the iPhone. It was announced before the iPhone and already won Design Awards before the iPhone even existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a new phone. I should have held out for this. LOL!!

Expensive probably though huh?

Quite beautiful! Not sure how I feel about "Designer Phones" Hope the software isn't too buggy, but it does look sharp.

Would hate to accidentally drop this baby!

This is why I do not like Prada. Fashion houses make clothes, dammit.

I find it a little boring looking, especially for the price imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->