The PRADA Phone by LG (KE850)

It looks very dumb, but then again I don't really know any of the features that it has. But a designer cell phone is not the same as having designer clothing, anyway...

I would prefer to have a Blackjack. I need a new phone, and when I saw this thread I got kind of excited, and then just as quickly disappointed.

yeah well, i like it just because it looks like the new apple phone ^_^
but the rude prada signature is what i dont like at all, i mean i think they could have done much better,
Miuccia hunnie, stick to clothing, shoes and bags, will ya?

LG unwraps iPhone-like Prada cell phone

LG Electronics has unveiled the fruits of a cell phone design partnership with Italian fashion goods maker Prada. The front face of the LG-KE850 phone is dominated by a large touch-screen display and little else, which at first glance means it looks a lot like Apple Inc.’s recently announced iPhone.

A comparison of the tech-specs reveals that the Apple product is superior in several areas, including screen resolution, data networking ability and internal memory, although the Prada phone does offer at least one thing missing from the iPhone: a memory card slot. However, given the iPhone’s capacious internal memory this might not be of great importance to some users.

The two handsets are about the same size, although the LG handset is slightly smaller. The Prada phone is 99 millimeters long by 54mm wide while the iPhone is 115mms by 61mms. Both are about 12mms thick.

The phone is the product of a design collaboration between the two companies. Prada not only had input on the phone’s exterior but also on key elements of the user interface, including the touch interface, ring tones and pre-loaded content. LG didn’t disclose any further details of what content will be present on the device.

The phone is a tri-band GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) model (900/1800/1900MHz) with support for EDGE data transmission.

It will go on sale first in late February through Prada shops in the U.K., France, Germany and Italy. It will cost around €600 (US$775). In March it will begin appearing in stores in Asia including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore, said LG. A version for the Korean market is due out in the second quarter.

LG has no plans to put it on sale in the U.S., said Judy Pae, a spokeswoman for the company in Seoul.

http://www.macworld.com

prada.jpg

LG Debuts its Prada Phone
clear.gif
LG Electronics unveiled Thursday its new LG-KE850 “Prada Phone,” a multimedia handset developed with the premium Italian fashion brand. The Prada-branded device features a large 3-inch touchscreen with no keypad. It also features an MP3 player, a 2-megapixel camera, a leather case and screen protection film.

Unlike some ultra-exclusive phones developed with fashion labels, the Prada phone is aimed at the upper end of the mass market, putting it in the "masstige" category. It will hit shelves in Britain, France, Germany and Italy in February for around 600 eruos or W750,000.

The handset will go on sale in Korea from the second quarter of the year as it must be fitted out for the local code division multiple access (CDMA) system. Europe uses the global system for mobile communications (GSM) system. ([email protected] )

I really dont like it, I like the touchscreen idea, but Im fussy enough about my non-touchscreen phone screen getting dirty :doh: I might as well upload a prada background for my phone...I dont like the dent halfway on the back either...if it was a normal price phone, maybe it would seem a little better, but its not going to be worth it :ninja:

my first reaction to this phone was, "wow", it's touch screen then later it went to, "it does sound like iPhone" but pretty much all technology's the same. Then now I think the phone looks a little "man-ish" it doesn't look feminine rather it looks like a phone that would rather suit David Beckham VERY Well! But being that David's the spokesman for Motorola I doubt it that we'll see him using this phone (who knows).

JR1 said:
I really dont like it, I like the touchscreen idea, but Im fussy enough about my non-touchscreen phone screen getting dirty :doh: I might as well upload a prada background for my phone...I dont like the dent halfway on the back either...if it was a normal price phone, maybe it would seem a little better, but its not going to be worth it :ninja:

I think the dent's for the battery like the Razrs.

touchscreens are a pain. hate them w/a passion :doh:
the prada phone looks like any old PDA w/a prada logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
cloud9 said:
its funny how people seem to "love" the iPhone while they sneer at the prada phone. prejudiced much? :rolleyes:

I'm one of those people that hate the prada phone but love the iPhone, but not on account of prejudice. First, I've had an lg phone before and the quality was crap. Second, the iPhone runs OSX and the prada phone doesn't. :D

Here are some new images of the phone and what I think are the ads in the background:

73300190.jpg
73300123.jpg
73300156.jpg

73300184.jpg

Source: Getty images

I like the actual phone I wouldnt pay to upgrade to the prada version at least with the Dolce&Gabbana Motorola Deal they made it obvious by design its Dolce unlike the prada one the non designer version is the same color and everything just doesnt have prada written on top. So the phone is pointless from a designer point. But I do love the touchscreen i would want the phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->