The Princess Bride : Disney Makes Wedding Dresses

I read an article in DETAILS magazine about women who dont act their age-here's proof I guess. I think its fine to hold on to that dream of a princess weddng but its going to far to get a dress like that straight from the disney costume rack. Put it this way when some woman you never met ask's you who did you dress, to that you reply.... DISNEY?

Nah, I think I'd just tell them that my fairy godmother brought it to me. :lol:

Right..pretty cute cosmogrl :wink:
youve made me chuckle :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lol: I'm glad. :smile:

You do have a point though- it would be slightly little girlish to say that I got my wedding dress from Disney. However, as long as it looked pretty and I felt good in it, hopefully it wouldn't really matter.

I have plenty of time to think about all this unfortunately. I am not getting married anytime soon. Prince Charming has not shown his face at my door yet. :(

;( well im sure he will come along and by then if your both ok with it im sure disney might make a cute little suit for him too!:wink:
But really if the lady is ok with it I say buy the cinderella

These dresses are not amazing, but I love the Cinderella gown. I'd wear that for my wedding. :crush:

At first I thought Disney is going to sell Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty gowns to the crowd but instead, it's more a Vera Wang-styled ... I'm impressed!!! :D

I don't understand what's wrong with wearing a dress from Disney - after all, as Walt Disney himself once said, "Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." :wink:

they're not bad for what they are: traditional wedding dresses. granted, i would never wear anything in this style to my potential wedding.

There is a big difference between first Catalog and the 2nd catalog , I've shot it 4 month ago, already 2nd for the Disney.
The dresses in the second Catalog were more interesting design-wise.
If you 'd like to see the documentary video of the photo shoot for the Second catalog please look here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H13q1Mdt4M

Attachments

• disney_01.jpg
    disney_01.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
  • disney_02.jpg
    disney_02.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
ohmygosh! so i told my bf about this and he reminded me that one of my old friends that works for disney is designing the web page for the wedding dresses! silly me, i completely forgot!

Vital, you're so playful behind the camera, I love it!

With the exception of the Ariel dress (I think that dress suits someone that's more voluptuous hip-wise), I like the dresses. However, I do find the models a bit disappointing...particularly the bottle blonde. Now I finally understand the shopbop'ers and how a model can be very annoying for the potential client. :huh:

Vital, you're so playful behind the camera, I love it!

With the exception of the Ariel dress (I think that dress suits someone that's more voluptuous hip-wise), I like the dresses. However, I do find the models a bit disappointing...particularly the bottle blonde. Now I finally understand the shopbop'ers and how a model can be very annoying for the potential client. :huh:

Thank you for the compliment,

I didn't participate in choosing models, but I agree with you on 100%.
Se la vee !

The strapless off-white "Jasmine" dress in the catalogue is quite pretty. However, as a fashionista I'd still steer well clear of these designs - far too pronuptia and main stream - I would never want to look like a little girl's idea of a princess (vomit) bride. Far too much swarovski crystal and shiny satin to be called tasteful. I'd rather wear Alberta Ferretti, Lanvin or Lolita Lempicka!

In my opinion, in the video Vital posted there's a bit too much lingering on the false eyelashes and slightly open mouths of the models - who incidentally look as if they might do very well in beauty pageants and the world of glamour modelling. Sorry!

The video is just what happened that day on the photo shoot, my assistant did that video. Perhaps, he did it little bit too glamour , but again it's just my documentary, I do it on every catalog I shoot.

About the dresses : Alberta Ferretti, Lanvin or Lolita Lempicka! are probably minimum $5,000 or even more while Disney princess dresses are from $1,100 to $3,500 that's where is the difference .
Tastes are different ...

i agree with grill. it may be easier to find an off white or white dress off the rack, as it were from designers such as ferretti etc on sale...

these disney gowns would still need to be tailored...that would add on several hundred dollars....

This is very interesting... I wonder how well the line is doing? I must admit I really like some of the designs and who wouldn't want their wedding to be fairytale-like?

I think people aren't realizing that each line has a target demographic. This line is not for the person considering buying an Azzedine Alaïa. It's for the woman that's simply interested in making her fairy tale come to life and for that, these dresses are not only beautiful, but quite effective. And the price points WORK. (I've shopped for wedding gowns, I know all too well.)

Bridal is ALWAYS questionable in my opinion, design-wise, unless you're experimental and even then it is, imho. There's just something about satin and crinoline. But these dresses are a lovely alternative to what I've seen out there and not only that, they've managed to scale back and not go overboard like most wedding designers seem to do.

For its target demographic, these dresses are perfect and the price points are great. I think this was smart, innovative marketing and an innovative idea on Disney's part from a business perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->