The Princess Bride : Disney Makes Wedding Dresses

dont really see the resemblence, but i like the left and middle one in cinderella plus the left on is snow white :wub: i wish i will get married in the future :P

That Jasmine dress is stunning. I just took a closer look at it and it's GORGEOUS. I'd totally wear it for my wedding...:woot:

I read an article in DETAILS magazine about women who dont act their age-here's proof I guess. I think its fine to hold on to that dream of a princess weddng but its going to far to get a dress like that straight from the disney costume rack. Put it this way when some woman you never met ask's you who did you dress, to that you reply.... DISNEY?

This isn't the Disney costume rack, these are credible wedding dresses ... if I were going to wear one, I'd cite the name of the designer rather than Disney if asked ... however, I've never wanted the "queen for a day" wedding, & suspect I would not wear a traditional gown if the prince & I decided to tie the knot :wink:

^ Great point, Eclat. And I utterly agree.

On another note, does Ferreti make wedding gowns? Id die to see an ultrafemenine ethereal gown by her!!!!

Ill admit I kinda like the Jasmine dress on its off white incarnation ... and the idea is bussiness brilliance.

Hum ... I wonder when are we gonna see real life bridezillas wearing this stuff on tv reality shows

PS Oh, yeah ... the models look like straight out from Vegas! :innocent:

a few more pictures from honeymoons.about.com
im hoping to find a few more from the bridal week NYC fashion show. i think the gowns look best on the runway

Attachments

• bride1.jpg
    bride1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 135
  • bride2.jpg
    bride2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 136
  • bride3.jpg
    bride3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 134
  • bride4.jpg
    bride4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 135
  • bride6.jpg
    bride6.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 136
  • bride9.jpg
    bride9.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 138
  • bride8.jpg
    bride8.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 140
  • bride7.jpg
    bride7.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 134
from disneyconsumerproducts.com

Attachments

• dis5.jpg
    dis5.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 130
  • dis4.jpg
    dis4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • dis3.jpg
    dis3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 135
  • dis2.jpg
    dis2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 135
  • dis.jpg
    dis.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • dis7.jpg
    dis7.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2
  • dis8.jpg
    dis8.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 122
  • dis9.jpg
    dis9.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 131
All joking aside, if I really decided to spend $1000 or more on a Disney wedding gown, I would definitely go with something more traditional:

disneyweddingdressyg7.jpg

disney.co.jp

And I guess I would need some of those Disney wedding ears they sell at the parks.

earsnh4.jpg

picasaweb.google.com

There, much better. :D

Some of these are nice, but some of the them (like the Jasmine dress) are kind of tacky. I like the Sleeping Beauty one, though. The structured bodice and detail at the bottom of the skirt are gorgeous.

it's definitely an interesting approach.....

if the bride can't afford Ellie Saab couture, this might be just as ~glamorously over the top~ like Ellie's stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this isn't really much of a surprise, however this is probably because the seniors at my school have Disney as a mentor and are making "couture" or atleast my school's version of couture gowns inspiried by either a princess or a villainess. Plus disney does all kinds of crap like this. Now if only they could hire a creative director and produce a line inspired by disney that incorporated the colors of the characters without looking too costumey.

Thanks for the karma Fashionista-ta! I'm saying it now, should French boyfriend propose, I'm TOTALLY BUYING that Jasmine dress. IT'S HAWTTT! :woot:

I'm already pondering how to wear my hair with it. :shock:

holy mother of '&#"!(& these will sell like frickin HOTCAKES here. Insane! Crazy! GENIOUS. The person who came up with this idea would get a pat on the back from me.

Speaking of, I just met a Japanese couple who are engaged this past weekend. Where are they going on their honeymoon? CA, DISNEYLAND of course! Dresses here are so hideous you'd throw up a little. Imagine a bouquet of plastic flowers. Red and yellow. That's what they look like. If I saw a bride who even dared to wear the ariel here, it would be a breath of fresh air!

And theyre insanely cheap! Good on them.

From the Salon interview with Rebecca Mead, author of "One Perfect Day: The Selling of the American Wedding."

What do you make of the phenomenon of "Disney brides," i.e., women who plan Cinderella-themed weddings at Walt Disney World and rent horse-drawn carriages for $2,500?

It's the infantilization that one sees at Disney that's interesting to me -- the way in which grown women are sold the same princess fantasy that Disney so profitably peddles to little girls, as if one never grows out of wanting to dress up in tulle and wave a magic wand. The whole place treats adults as overgrown children. When you're in the Magic Kingdom, there are 100 places to buy ice cream, but you can't get a drink anywhere. And when I was there, that was really what I wanted! There's this very childish fantasy about what life is like, what married life is like and what the world is like.

The thing about Disney -- you can't believe while you're there that the people are doing this with straight faces. I don't mean the consumers, I mean the vendors. They won't let Mickey Mouse host the weddings because it's not "traditional," because it would compromise the dignity of the ceremony. But the company's idea of tradition, curiously enough, permits couples to hire someone dressed up as Major Domo [Prince Charming's footman in the Disney version of "Cinderella"] to serve as their ring bearer. Of course the difference has less to do with tradition than it does with marketing: Disney has decided to invest a great deal in marketing Cinderella-themed weddings: They'll sell you everything from a cake topper in the shape of her castle to a ride in her coach. They've even started selling wedding gowns inspired by Cinderella.

They won't let Mickey Mouse host the weddings because it's not "traditional," because it would compromise the dignity of the ceremony. But the company's idea of tradition, curiously enough, permits couples to hire someone dressed up as Major Domo [Prince Charming's footman in the Disney version of "Cinderella"] to serve as their ring bearer.
This does sound a bit silly when you simply read the description, but if you take a look at an actual Disneyland (or Walt Disney World) wedding, it's obvious that Major Domo fits in better with the theme than Mickey Mouse does.

disneylandweddingag0.jpg

disney.com

That author seems very anti-Disney, and while I could make a few arguments against some of her other statements (such as, "you can't get a drink anywhere [in the Magic Kingdom]"), I'll just leave it at that.

I think they are all lovely- the sleeping beauty and snow white, especially! I am not too much of a traditionalist, so I don't think I would entertain wearing one at my wedding...but I would love to see them in ballroom action!

I wonder if Disney's next market will be the prince's outfits, waistcoats, knickers, swords and all :innocent:

Am I the only one who dislike the idea of 'getting married in Disney gown'?

when i saw this thread i was expecting dresses in primary colors with lots of tulle & poufy sleeves. these actually look elegant & classy. i really like them:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->