The Row F/W 13.14 New York

^ Me too, very sleek and sophisticated, without any excessive elements. Beautiful.

They've always done quite small presentations/runways (and tbh I think that kind of humble/modest start helped them build their credibility--I mean look at what happened to Kanye with his first collection at Paris fashion week). And what do you mean? Their collections are on style.com, this one is currently on the front page:

I meant what I said, lol: the collection was not up when I posted my statement...

As to their small presentations, there are a number of ways of looking at these, and each could be seen as valid, depending on perspective: perhaps to some it appears modest; to others it might seem pretentious, unduly exclusive, etc...

Now that I've seen the full collection, I can say that I really like a number of looks in the first half / darker part of the collection, particularly the long blazer/jackets. The second half I find to be too matronly.

They are no more pretentious or self-indulgent than other designers.

This collection is absolutely beautiful. I love the uniquities: those gorgeous embossed neutral prints, the gold nicked buttons, the fabric overlapping panels on the coats and blazers. I admire their taste level. Most of all I am appreciative that they went with sleeker silhouettes this season. This is my favorite collection of NYFW, thus far.

It's stunning collection. Some details, fabrics and colors so beautiful.

Through, and through beautiful collection, so many pieces i love here.

heather anne,i wasn't speaking about the presentation. i don't mind that. it's just what they do. if you compare how expensive this line is compared with lines at the same level and this is the kind of product you see?? time and again,i try to see what's so great about they do,but their cutting is always very "mccall's patterns"...the proportions don't have a lot of variation...usually one way or the other. for the lack of actual design,i can't understand how they justify pricing on the level luxe labels. good fabrics and a bit of expensive fur don't equal good design.....regardless of how simple it is.

...they aren't hermes by any stretch of the imagination.

Need all of this in my closet and ASAP, never even paid attention to The Row until now. Definitely keeping my eyes open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->