The Row F/W 11.12 New York

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
It all began, lest we forget, with a deceptively simple-looking, but actually French-seamed, soft, drapey tee. The Row, the brainchild of Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, started there because it pinpointed the territory of their own personal style; something utilitarian yet also able to be elevated to whole new heights, as comfortable—quite literally—when worn with vintage couture as when thrown together with ratty old biker leathers and leggings. They’ve moved on, of course, to a quite staggering degree, to the extent that you can sit in their Chelsea studio early on a Monday morning, and see clothes of such ineffable cool and elegance and agelessness and think, well, why couldn’t they produce one of the very best collections of New York thus far?

“We wanted to have fun with it all,” said Mary-Kate. “To play with the furs, and the accessories.” So, what better way to play than to wear a belted, voluminous leopard-print goatskin coat or cap-sleeved, tightly waisted, full-skirted taupe wool dress, than with chunky cream socks, needlepoint slippers, and a fox-pelt head wrap that looks like the kind of hat Ara Gallant might have whipped up? And then also play everything down, instead, with a chic (sorry, I know, isn’t everything in fashion, but there really is no other word for it) claret Persian lamb jacket and velvet cropped pants, or a loose black chiffon T-shirt dress with panels of black beading, worn with tiny shorts, a nascent trend of the past few days (both on the runways, and surprisingly, given the weather, on photo-bloggers outside the shows alike). The Row touched on the return to opulence that has been firing and furring up the New York fall runways, but they’re still thinking the same utilitarian way they did with that tee. The long alligator gloves, for instance are gloriously practical: The reverse side is in leather, so you can happily tap at an iPad, iPhone, or iPod whilst staying warm. Genius.
just posting bigger images..

01m.jpg
02m.jpg
03m.jpg
04m.jpg
05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^me too... I'm seeing big big improvements from past collections... do you if they have hired new people for their team?

You can see a lot of 20s influence in the cuts and shapes (including the trousers) - gorgeous. Really like a 20's Katherine Hepburn look. Loving some of the subtle asian influences as well. And the belts! The belts are great

Very smart, intelligent, this is so Olsen. I definitely love it.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised too. I never paid much attention to their collections but wow, most of this is delicious.

I just adore those alligator gloves, especially the burgundy version on Monika. So gorgeous!

I love the 1920s inspiration, especially the fringe earrings. The neutral colored looks are the best for me.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised too. I never paid much attention to their collections but wow, most of this is delicious.

I just adore those alligator gloves, especially the burgundy version on Monika. So gorgeous!

Ditto. Exactly how I feel. It's a strong collection.

Im not crazy about all some of the fur but that aside this is an great collection. Im am far beyond impressed. This collection shows that they have a high level of taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their best work! i dare anyone to question their level of skill and taste with a collection like this under their belt.

same question: Why HQ pics were replaced? and my post was deleted... i dont´t understand :blink:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE LAST BLUE FUR.

simple yet so chic so elegant collection.one of my favorites from NYFW:woot:

av never been a fur fan but these girls are quite serious with what they are doing.

Their best work! i dare anyone to question their level of skill and taste with a collection like this under their belt.

i agree. i'm glad they continue to show their commitment to high-end fashion with a collection as different from their last as possible yet as impeccably produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->