Mad for Plaid
Ashley Olsen's designer debut

Sunday, September 10, 2006

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

olsen_design.jpg

Mary Kate Olsen, in Balenciaga and Prada, and Ashley Olsen, in The Row, Balenciaga, and Dior
© Patrick McMullan
1.gif

1.gif

1.gif
(NEW YORK)
While celebrity guests attending the Balenciaga party at Barneys Friday night wore Ghesquière nearly head to toe, Ashley Olsen used the opportunity to test drive a piece from what The Daily has learned will be the name of her forthcoming line, The Row. Her cropped navy-and-forest-green plaid-printed jacket was a chic update on the carpetbagger look for which she and Mary Kate have become best-known. While details remain under wraps, the voluminous little blazer looked a healthy contender for Ashley’s foray into the world of designer fashion.

fashionologie, fwd

Oh. Hmmm. I must be behind on things, because I had no clue she had a line in the works.

Thanks for posting :flower:

Can't wait to see her entire line. I wonder if it will be any good...

the jacket looks great. i really admire ashley's style so i can't wait to see the rest of the line. hopefully i'll be able to afford at least one piece!

f***ing celebrities, aren´t they already rich enaugh that now the have to start making products to suck even more money from consumers :angry:.

Last edited by a moderator:
j´adore dior said:
f***ing celebrities, aren´t they already rich enaugh that now the have to start making products to suck even more money from consumers :angry:.
????

Well, I think her line might have some actual design credibility, I actually thought that jacket was Balenciaga and not her line. So that's why Im pretty sure her line will be pretty solid.

The name isn't too bad either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought their talk about starting a clothing line for adults was just that - talk. Well, I'm a fan of Ashley Olsen so I'm excited to see how her line turns out.

The jacket is very nice, and this looks like a good indication of what's to come. Maybe the olsen twins would do better in the fashion world instead of being second rate actresses. I wonder what the pricing would be?

Seeing that ashley and mary kate are very short and petite, it would be very cool if ashley included different sizes fitting ladies 5'1 - 5'4. It can be difficult to find nice pieces that fit when your extremely petite :cry:

Now I'm psyched to see what else there is to offer. :woot:

i want!!
i honestly have high hopes here and am sure not to be deceived!!!

Love the jacket! I hope this is a good reflection on the rest of the line...and I also hope it's not ridiculously expensive ^_^ Wonder where she came up with the name "The Row"? :unsure:

Definetly be intresting to see what the line is like. Is she the one actually designing it? They're not doing what most seem to and just pull in a designer or two and just claim they did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->