The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diorling said:
????

Well, I think her line might have some actual design credibility, I actually thought that jacket was Balenciaga and not her line. So that's why Im pretty sure her line will be pretty solid.

The name isn't too bad either.

I agree, I wouldn't have thought that was a piece from her own collection. I'm expecting good things to come from her line. She does have some fashion knowledge so let's see what she can produce on the runway.

^ I has some substance and taste based on that jacket to not pile her with the rest of the celebrity clothing deals. I can't group a jacket, that I thought was Mcqueen, with the likes of Stuff from Hilary Duff or even Beyonces House Of Dereon :rolleyes:

Avant Garde said:
Seeing that ashley and mary kate are very short and petite, it would be very cool if ashley included different sizes fitting ladies 5'1 - 5'4. It can be difficult to find nice pieces that fit when your extremely petite :cry:

I agree (I'm barely five-foot-three). It's tough to find things that fit in the shoulders, arms, bust, inseam -- you name it. And many manufacturers think "petite" means clothes for little old ladies with osteoporosis.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I saw that on style.com and was like "that's a damn good jacket". This is one celebrity line I'm looking forward to.

I absolutely love that jacket. I'd wear it. I'm not a fan of their style, usually, but Ashley seems to have a real interest in fashion, and obviously has talent if she truly designed that. I'm excited to see what comes.

When I saw the jacket I thought it was very chic. I love the shape of it and, like others have said, I was under the impression that it was Balenciaga.

very excited to say the least. i hope it wont be another Sweetface or LAMB..i have faith in her...

^ Yeah, me too. Is The Row going to be selling at like, Walmart, like their kids' line, or is it going to be a high end label?

Diorling said:
????

Well, I think her line might have some actual design credibility, I actually thought that jacket was Balenciaga and not her line. So that's why Im pretty sure her line will be pretty solid.

The name isn't too bad either.

totally, she must have professional designers translating the trends and making clothes, she must probably be the pretty face of the company and of course the reason many of this spoters wanna see the rest of the collection, because they are fan of her as an actress (lord...), i find it pathetic.

j´adore dior said:
totally, she must have professional designers translating the trends and making clothes, she must probably be the pretty face of the company and of course the reason many of this spoters wanna see the rest of the collection, because they are fan of her as an actress (lord...), i find it pathetic.
Of course. But at the same time she is the creative director and could make her house total shite, but who knows she may have actually designed that, if she did, Id be very impressed. I doubt most of the Spoters like it b/c they like Ashley, I like Gwen but loathe LAMB, same with most stars-turned-designer lines. It just happens that the jacket has some design credibility and it happens to be from a celebrity.

i still think it is just one piece of clothing, that although is not hideous, is still not reasson enaugh to call her a "designer", thousands of women go to a seamstress and ask them to make amazing pieces of clothing and they aren´t labeled designers or creative directors because of it, i just hate and i find very unfair for real designers to label anybody that has the taste (or actually just the money and the face) to make clothing, a designer, my mom always helped me when i was ill as a child but i´ve never called her a doctor, artist turn designers is an expression to me only means that they wan´t even more money and not a need to comunicate something that´s coming from within, probably too many people told that girl she dressed nice and she tought "well i might as well become a designer now, because i have billions of dollars that i made selling cups with my face stamped on it when i was five years old", go to hell and sponsor real talent!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the jacket... more so before though, when I thought it was Balenciaga... :ninja:

it was only time before this happened!

these two girls have created a "look" for themselves and for the rest of the world to mimic. Not that it is any good mind you. The line will do VERY well because they are just going to knock off the many designer clothes that already sit in their closets!!!

congrats to them for broadening their company and plans to make millions of more dollars from the celebrity driven consumers of this world!

it just makes me laugh all of this celebrity fashion labels... ha

i thought it as either mcQ or burberry or balenciaga.
she has great taste.i cant wait to see wt she comes up with

I didn't know this line was in the works either but the first thing I thought when i saw that photo is 'i really like that jacket, i wonder who it's by' and then they mentioned 'the row' and I still didn't know who that was until i read the article :lol: It does remind me a wee bit of the plaid jacket mcqueen put out but better. Hope to see better photos. It actually looks good

I'm almost surprised at the positive response to this... it's not a bad thing, just surprised...

Too bad there aren't more photos. Or more of a preview at this time.

yeah are there are more photos of the event so we can see the jacket properly? Thats a bidly lit photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->