The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are many more photos in the MKA thread.

It is a cute jacket, but I will have to see the collection before I say I am impressed.

Yes, gotta love the olsen fans for getting us the HQ's. Actually, I'm even more impressed having seen it up close. It looks like it has some cool detailing. I'm really interested to see more things from this.

I had literally been searching for that jacket. I had NO CLUE it was her own design! I love Ashley, and even though she probably wouldn't have this opportunity if she wasn't already famous, I hope she succeeds. At least she is using her fame for more than just getting into the A-list parties! :D

i think its going to be absurdly expensive. they want to sell it at fred segal.

in the elle austrailia cover (the one where ashley was wearing grey jeans and sitting in a chair on the cover) they talk about the line briefly. according to that story, both of them are "designing" it.

lucy92 said:
i think its going to be absurdly expensive. they want to sell it at fred segal.

I actually forgot about price. I wonder how much the line will cost? Something tells me that it will be waaaay out of the tween budget! :lol:

I didn't even know about this..kind of interesting..^_^ I like her style so i'm really curious about it..:heart:

broken english, you are probably right...i get them confused.

I think the line they are both designing is the adult line for Walmart. I think this might be just Ashley... I dont know though.

That is MK on the cover of Elle. Ashley was on the cover of Nylon & in the Nylon magazine Ashley is wearing a tank from The Row. Didnt know at the time it had anything to do with her lol.

here's the tank...
it is indeed by the row (good eye, tiffany7)

(mollygood.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
BaroqueRockstar said:
i think she might actually be designing it. i mean, she interned for zac posen, no?

I didn't know that. Interesting. ^_^ Well I think defiently need to see more of the line before can decide if I like it or not.

I'm a fan of their fashion sense. A big one. But I have to say that this makes me uncomfortable because I think the term "designer" is thrown around way to loosely. I'm talking about all these celebrities with their lines that always interview "Oh I've always loved fashion so coming out with my own line was inevitable". Bull crap.
There are people who must work incredibly hard and have incredible talent to get to a point where they are given the freedom to design or contribute to a collection. It could be through prestigious schools or working themselves up from interns through years of learning the trade. Even if we might not like their collections we can't question their credentials as designers. But then you have someone who "likes fashion" a lot and has had the money to be around high end clothes who gets their own line and I need to ask myself if the reality is that there is some real designer who comes up with a bunch of idead whoch are then vetoed or accepted by the celebrity.
I mean the olsens have unique styles and know their clothes but something about them sitting down and going through the incredibly difficult process of turning a vision of a collection into actual clothes just doesn't ring true for me.

Oh, wow I'm really suprised she designed it! I had no idea. I think I echo everyone else when I say it's gorgeous!

hmmmmmmmmppfff... first those things get stylists... not theyve got a label..who have they employed as designer?

it did say in some issue of bazaar that she interned for zac posen.
...i, too am impressed by that plaid jacket...

Can someone who has the August issue of Nylon check the price of the tank (maybe in "In This Issue" section)? That might give us an idea of the line's price range. ^_^ Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->