The Row Pre-Fall 2016

sore

Reaction score
The Row’s Pre-Fall collection ships to stores on May 1, just as spring is finally starting to take root on the East Coast. When it was presented back in the depths of January, its multi-ply ribbed cashmere pants, generously proportioned wraps, and sheared furs seemed fairly irresistible. Reviewing the pictures now—like a handful of other designers, The Row’s Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen opted not to distribute them at the time of the appointment, the idea being to prevent customer fatigue—the clothes appear as elegant and rich as they did then, but somewhat out of synch with the seasons. The best outfit in the brand’s exquisitely shot lookbook (model Katrin Thormann looks straight out of a Renaissance painting) is a white slip dress with a deep ruffle at the hem worn with a button-down boasting of-the-moment pushed-up, puffed sleeves. Lovely and weather-appropriate.

The label’s New York store, its second boutique after Los Angeles’s Melrose Place, opens for business next month. What seems guaranteed to do well there is the Olsens’ new shoe line. After dabbling in cobbler-made loafers and mules for a couple of years, the designers have launched a full-fledged footwear collection, and there’s a lot of enthusiasm for it. When it was posted, an iPhone snap of their white croc ankle boots with mother-of-pearl–like heels became one of Vogue Runway’s most-liked Instagrams.

vogue

Small (wo)man's complex much, their clothes get more and more oversized each season.

I really like this. It's quite evergreen. Even if one buys it now, it will still look gorgeous and relevant years on. Love love all the generous cutting.

I like their stuff, but sometimes I feel like it looks like Ann Taylor Loft

It's visually appealing but it's just too much for me to like. Some interesting pieces but the styling is too unrealistic for any women who is not spending her time walking around her cosy home.

As much as I love what they are referencing here (and already for many seasons), I can't help but also grin at it and think how pretentious this is in this day and age. I don't see people wearing this out on the street and I feel like the majority of women are interested in something else stylewise. The collection's a bit too much like a dictionary definition of good taste and refined quiet luxury. But what does it really matter to anyone?

As much as I love what they are referencing here (and already for many seasons), I can't help but also grin at it and think how pretentious this is in this day and age. I don't see people wearing this out on the street and I feel like the majority of women are interested in something else stylewise. The collection's a bit too much like a dictionary definition of good taste and refined quiet luxury. But what does it really matter to anyone?

It matters to people who care little about herd mentality. Especially when the herd is what it is these days fashion-wise...

while i can see the appeal of this, i'm also reminded that some of those look perfect for milking your goats to make fresh cheese, when you're living on the Amish country side, recovered from city fatigue.

the styling tends to ruin things imo

i mean...tell me this isn't calvin klein revisited!!!

:judge:

actually- CK, donna karan and a hint of rick owens...
^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->