The Row Resort 2010

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
COACD

The Row's new Creative Director Alex Hawgood asked COACD to be involved in their latest look book. They wanted a strong black women....naturally Ataui Deng at Trump was given.

Photos by Daniel King.

Does anyone have more photos of this collection?

i thought the Olsen twins were the creative directors..

they do resort?! :look:

fantastic model though, Ataui - fantastic!

however the actual clothing, haven't we seen it all before in their previous collections? I mean the sheer hemmed tank, the fuzzy cloak/throw thing, the simple black blazer...

i just don't see why i couldn't buy the same stuff from them on major markdown at Barneys instead. :innocent:

they do resort?! :look:

fantastic model though, Ataui - fantastic!

however the actual clothing, haven't we seen it all before in their previous collections? I mean the sheer hemmed tank, the fuzzy cloak/throw thing, the simple black blazer...

i just don't see why i couldn't buy the same stuff from them on major markdown at Barneys instead. :innocent:

I guess that fuzzy thing is different ... :unsure: But the tank, yeah ... I have never been able to get comfortable with hundreds for a T ... even the Barney's sale prices likely aren't good enough for me :lol:

^ agreed..i still have trouble buying T by Alexander Wang but The Row prices are still a bit too much for me..

wtf if Alex Hawgood is the creative director then what's the Olsen's job at the row?

Clarification

As a representative of The Row, I wanted to clarify that Alex Hawgood is a consultant for the brand, not the Creative Director.

Oh please, the Olsens' only job is to collect the cash :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, and as the main D&C thread will attest to, I never got the impression that the Row was a cash-cow for the Olson's. Their wal-mart line, yes. But Ashley doesn't act anymore and I don't think MK was ever involved with it on a full time basis. Ashley is fairly involved in the industry and I think she has demonstrated her consistent commitment to extending the line. She is the one who attends the showrooms and speaks with buyers about the product. If they wanted a cash cow it wouldn't be a very small line with limited stockists, limited product, and a very gradual expansion.

sorry yes. well to be fair i don't think the Row makes that much money (though the prices are through the roof sometimes).

Perhaps Ashley has taken on a design team/more consultants to develop the brand further? I like their basics, but it's not reasonable for them to make the same things (or very similar things) over and over again every season.

A basics line that still manages to grow and do different things every season is certainly do-able.

the row girl is pretty much the girl who shops at stella for her blazers, alexander wang for tops and chanel for bags... shes the hip girl on the scene and i love this fact abouth the brand

i was watching a video on The Cut about a jewelry designer who worked with them and he said he'd never worked with any designer as hands on as them, as aware of everything that was going on etc...so you never know!

I don't doubt that they believe they are incredibly adept at designing (it's true they don't need the extra money so perhaps it's simply ego). But c'mon, this line is just copying Rick Owens and Helmut Lang and it is the same every season.

I think they just loved the idea of working in fashion and mingling with the fashion crowd rather than being driven by a desire to lead as a visionary. And of course, they're wealthy enough to do it. Must be fun!

As much as i love the brand and love those pics, I don't get why they're calling "Resort", pieces that we've seen in their previous collections :ninja:

This being said, I'd love to see the rest of the lookbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->