The Row Resort 2011

I think the Olsens are phoning it in. I would love to know what inspired this collection and where they think their customer can wear these clothes. They are coasting on their name and connections. No way could an unknown designer get major retailers to buy this.

i swear, raf simons stops giving us good old-fashioned jil sander for one season and everyone rushes in to fill the void. yes, phoebe got us concentrated on minimalism again, but i'd argue, the row has provided much of the insider backdrop for this movement as well. yes, these clothes aren't startling in their newness, but they're arresting in their austerity. like it or not, a long skirt remains a challenging fashion proposition -- just ask yohji or gareth -- in the world of pencil skirts and minidresses. and match any of these pieces with extras from proenza or ysl, and you'd have a great look for the urban woman.

absolutely...
but i would argue that they have not succeeded in making it work...
at ALL...
not in one single look here...

i mean...
if it's a tough proposition for a genius like yohji or gareth...
i don't see why they would even attempt it...
they are obviously not up to the challenge...
hence...the dismal failure of this...

:innocent:

as for the jil sander/raf simons reference...
i would even say that raf can't get auserity right the way jil used to...
and i have a long black jil sander skirt to prove it...
it's AMAZING...
just one gore at the back by one leg...
the movement and draping is beYOND...
deceptively simple...
and simply genius...

i see none of that here...
:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
ONTD posted about this collection and the commentary is GOLD. i wish i would have had the patience to write that myself LOL.
That literally made me laugh out loud:lol: The comments describe the collection perfectly! Amish fashion at it's finest:lol:

One of my least favorite resort collections and I do really like minimalism.
I thought there were some pieces that were okay but together it looked very frumpy. The hair, make up and shoes made it even worse.
I really disliked the cuts too. The ankle cut is just too awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->