The Row Resort 2011

^I may be wrong but, The Row is not made to be crazy creative. They aim at offering high-quality basics, and that's what I see everytime.

i think if you took the pieces apart, they stand alone as well made high quality basics that are trendless....

as timeless as a potatoe sack
yese.gif

Mixed and matched with different pieces...some of this could look nice and i think that's the point of the line really.

I know the row isn't made to be a crazy creative type of brand, but considering how well of an impact the Fall/Winter 2010 collection made, this looks lousy

careful, many say the same about celine basics...:rolleyes:

i love me some rough looking cotton canvas for summer

but floorlength jute skirts with long sleeve t-shirts?

even the first American settlers would find that too conservative :lol:

^but perhaps not their descendants on the upper east side :winkiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
good that I'm not the only one who found this dishwater dull, I mean I loved their Fall runway collection, so I was expecting a lot more. Looks like Amish School Teacher uniforms..

and I love that Celine skirt! haha

yeah, probably Amish School Teacher when she feels like dressing more 'sassy'!

Tyra is on a mission to make everyone *FIERCE*

as someone else posted, this is very much what Ashley would wear - and the Row is much more her baby than MK's. She has been pulling from early 90s minimalism (and grunge) for awhile now so this collection is exactly why I would expect. It's not my style and some of it is difficult to wear, but I think a lot of the pieces on their own are quite nice and very on-trend.

^i don't know about that. the row has performed quite well for retailers like bergdorf goodman. and it's always been austere.

I really like it.
I think the fact that you could see them in every piece is the basis of the labels appeal, non?
I like the idea of layering a mini dress over a floor length skirt too.

All talk of minimalism and austerity aside, clothes have to first and foremost flatter the average woman's body. I don't think any of these pieces do that...

I think it is fairly safe to say this will not be one of their more commercially successful seasons

The Row (and Ashley's personal style) use to be classic, refined and chic but she's taken both too far towards grandpa for my liking.
I'm disappointed and that model is terrible.

ONTD posted about this collection and the commentary is GOLD. i wish i would have had the patience to write that myself LOL.

A hausfrau shift and spinster skirt will take you from day to night. Milk the cows in the morning, go to the market with Papa in the afternoon, then help Mama hang-dry the laundry and prepare supper in the evening without ever having to change out of this versatile outfit
e8mh6f.jpg

There’s no way Hezekiah Porter won’t ask you to dance at the 5th Annual Cornflower and Baked Potato Spring Fling Dance when he sees you in this saucy number.
2mmvy0.jpg

You can be sexy and classy –not to mention look 20lbs heavier-- with this virginal white blouse and long wool skirt. If your milkshakes don’t bring all the local Puritan boys to your yard then the scandalous sight of your ankles and perceived heft of your childbearing hips in this outfit surely will.
6916gz.jpg

Need to look a foot shorter? This figure-busting dress will do the trick. It will also reaffirm your chastity when the villagers start to whisper about your wild, ankle–bearing ways and all the milkshake-drinking boys loitering in your yard.
28rv9z.jpg

This practical number will aid you in feigning innocence while you are in the courtroom being tried for heresy. You'll want to look completely devoid of sexuality. This outfit will help considerably.
fkqjrl.jpg

If that outfit doesn’t work try this.
34td20l.jpg

So you’ve been found guilty of heresy and and are pretty much screwed. Why not go out with a bang? The sight of your butch sweater and pants will be a great final "screw you" to the judgmental villagers as they watch you go up in flames on the pyre.
2e5paw1.jpg

GOLD i tell ya! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->