The Secret World of Haute Couture

Oh yeah thanks. I just upgraded to Vista...maybe why.

Well thanks! :kiss:

Ugh youtube embedded videos suck these days..I loaded the whole thing, clicked play and then it reset itself. :(

really amazing
thank you so much for posting this, so utterly awe inspiring.

Was anybody else cringing when the reporter was touching the haute couture clothing? I wanted to scream at her, stop touching it! I know I sound like a snob but it irks me when somebody touches an expensive piece of clothing..I think...did you wash your hands? Do you know how to handle this properly? I don't know, if I owned those clothes I wouldn't let anybody just casually touch them like that :innocent:

haha, maybe she was just so fascinated she couldn't help it.

I loved the whole documentary, I thought it was amazing. Call me far-fetched, but one of my dreams would be to work for a couture house. Sewing and very detailed embroidery and the like are my passions.

^I'd totally kill for an internship at Lesage...but I know I wouldn't be able to do a thing. Anything I try to make with my hands ends up broken, breaking, or just ugly.

I'd love to tour Lesage. I've done the whole beadwork thing and it's a nightmare, probably why I find the prices of the garments completely justified.

They need to do more of these behind the seens documentaries, prefereably with Galliano and team working on a couture collection.

I'd love to tour Lesage. I've done the whole beadwork thing and it's a nightmare, probably why I find the prices of the garments completely justified.

They need to do more of these behind the seens documentaries, prefereably with Galliano and team working on a couture collection.
I agree! That little making of video on the Dior website of the FW 07 couture collection was so enticing! I'd love to see a Signe Chanel like documentary following the making of a Dior, Lacroix, Gaultier or Givenchy collection! Don't get me wrong, I love Chanel couture, but I'd like to see how the others work too!

Ive seen it twice on PBS, which I think always has great documentaries on Friday nites..

...but for lunch, it is always Chanel...

great video! thanks for posting pedro. karma :D I thought mrs petri was such a cute sweet lady!

i'm so amazed by these videos. two thumbs up for posting these.

when karl started talking, my jaw dropped just because i respect him so much. watching him draw was INCREDIBLE.

They show this quite a few times on BBC4, especially after the House Of Chanel

I wonder if RTW is like this as well? Is there a "club" of women who wear a lot of a particular designer's RTW collection and do they get front row invites to the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->