Lanvin for H&M

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Congrats! The blazer sounds lovely! Which one is it?

YAY! My fantastic BF got me the black ruffle dress! And a tee :heart:

All right, I officially invite every disappointed person to Poland! I went to my store at 1 a.m. and was quite surprised how few people and loads of pieces were still there! The ruffled yellow and black dresses as well as the floral one and the tulle ones, both red and grey, among the others of course. There was really plenty of everything, and when I spoke with the sale assistant she told me there were only 50 people the queue at 8 p.m.! I guess such a great collab wasn't that much appreciated in my city :lol:

Then I went to the menswear zone to found out only few last pieces that were left. I was thinking of getting a shirt, but I didn't see anything that would interest me, there were also some nice cardigans, but they didn't differ that much from the usual H&M stuff, so I resigned.

I bought two canvas UNICEF bags (really lovely, I'm actually thinking of getting one more, just in case) and asked for a paper bag when a girl was packing my things for me. Generally I was getting rather suspicious and weird glances when I was touching and testing all the dresses at womenswear, but I wasn't amazed by the quality, actually. It's all about design rather, clearly, but I was thinking that some of the dresses would be softer or nicer in touch, but some of them felt really... synthetic. They're still beautiful looking, though, if I was a girl, I'd probably would be raving over all of them.

Anyway, I got everything that I wanted, so I'm happy and done for today ^_^

Yay! Glad you got it in the end!

It's this blazer:

Style Flavours

It's funny cause even in that picture it doesn't look anything too special, but the fabric is textured and so beautiful, with satin raw edged ribbing all along the lapels. I would never have even thought about getting it if I hadn't seen it in person.

honeycombchild That is such a lovely blazer! I actually did have my eyes on it too :ninja:

Oh yeah, there's a lot of pieces left in Århus, even in the small sizes. Lots and lots of dresses actually

I don't think there are that many in Norway that buys stuff to sell it on ebay

Sooooo,

I ended up going at 10.30am instead of 8am because there was no way on Earth that I'd wake up early to shop :lol: It was well-organized, there were a lot of security and many SAs ready to help. I was told people loooooved the yellow dress and the black shoes. No more tees were left, but I managed to grab one which had been returned thanks to my lovely SA.

The good: Some dresses were absolutely gorgeous, including that big grey tulle one. The shoes also were really good when you had them in hands IMO. The faux-fur jacket"s quality was nice, the the see-through black jacketish was amazing.
The bad: THE MENSWEAR. What. The actual. ****. Was this? The 70E cardigans looked super cheap and thin, the jackets weren't so smashing IRL. Only the coat looked nice but I'm too short to wear it. I also had a problem with a dress which looked really unfinished. Last bad point, the shoes were really good but I was disappointed to know they were made in China...

Biggest disappointement was not getting the sunglasses. They had only 4 pairs available that were gone at 9am + 4 pairs used in the window but they were reserved...

Yay! Glad you got it in the end!

It's this blazer:
do not quote images
Style Flavours

It's funny cause even in that picture it doesn't look anything too special, but the fabric is textured and so beautiful, with satin raw edged ribbing all along the lapels. I would never have even thought about getting it if I hadn't seen it in person.

Lucky chap.

You should take a picture of your jacket with or without you wearing it. Just to get a clear image of how it actually fits. I was really looking forward to their trousers but it seems that most people think they fit awkward. You mentioned this too. Are they "baggy" or/and similar to e.g. Damir Doma's designs?

Last edited by a moderator:
The red lipstick is amazing, and the packaging is super cute!
I really love my dress, even though I could have sized down to 34...but then I'd have to place my boobs elsewhere.
The tee is ovely, a bit too long, a bit sheer, but again...where do the boobs go? I'd keep it if I didn't have a massive rack :rofl:

I`ve bought only this white skirt. TBH from the whole collection I liked only some t-shirts and 1 or 2 dresses. In pics it looks way better than in real life. I want to mention that the fax fur jacket was pretty nice. In general I don`t like faux fur items, but this one was really soft and it was pleasant to touch.
And yeah, I`m a lucky one, there wasnt so many ppl. I went to the shop at 2 p.m. and there was just a line of 15-20 people.
If there will be the faux fur jacket tomorrow, I`ll buy it. Today everyone tried on\bought only dresses, t-shirts and accessories. Don`t now why, but I haven`t seen someone buying shoes or coats. Only 1 woman bought the zebra trench.
my skirt))
dsc05210q.jpg
dsc05206s.jpg

my pics

Last edited by a moderator:
"I wore my loot and walked around NYC on Saturday. It was funny seeing people carrying Lanvin x H&M paper bags. People held them with pride, sort of like a badge of honor. I often looked at the shoppers' faces and ended up exchanging smiles with them. No words were uttered... they understood what I understood. It was like being part of a cult."

-bryanboy.com

:lol::lol::lol:

I went a day after it opened and a ton of stuff was left. I ended up not getting anything I just feel like I would rather get 1 real Lanvin piece off of a sample sale site or something. I tried on the big red dress and felt like a cupcake fun to wear but not enough for me to buy it. The dress I really wanted was already gone anyway.

Fans, we are really sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced in our online shop during today's launch of Lanvin for H&M. It exceeded our expectations by far and unfortunately we did not have the capacity to manage all the traffic at once. We will investigate further to see how we can improve in future.

The collection sold out fast, but if any returns, we will of course resell those items on H&M's Shop Online.
H&M's Facebook

i went today, in my lunch break and there were around 4 dresses left, guarded by security (obviously to obscure thieves).

i got afew menswear pieces, the grey and navy cardigans, the navy trousers with gathered bottoms and a navy bow tie (i couldn't resist the bow tie).

i was expecting the menswear to be more stand out, but the selection of pieces were great none of the less.

I was in the line at about 7am, in the second group, there was a mass of people, I really didn't expect that there will be so much crowd.
But it was very well organized and there was no rivalty, hands down.

I managed to get what I wanted, except the sunglasses, which were sold out in one moment :cry: and am REALLY pleased with the quality and the packaging!
The material of the dress is very thick and hard to wrinke, it doesn't look cheap at all. The necklace too, it's made of steel, not plastic and very heavy.
But the stock here was really small, just one size per piece, and there was not even the whole collection.

My pics.

I went after work as I said I would and there were loads left. Only three of the big full skirt dress..I tried it in a size 36 and it made my boobs look bigger than my head :shock: Most of the shoes were sold out but I got a pair of the black bow ones in a size 38, not sure I'm going to keep them tho.
I also bought that pink ruffle dress in a size 34.

Went to the Manchester market street store this morning about 8.15am, and a group of about 40 people where already outside, huddled up around the entrance not even in a queue everyone just kept trying to get close to the doors. no sign on any staff giving out wristbands til about 8.45 for us anyway. my friend got into the 11.05 group. i just went straight to menswear where one rail was completely gone already. no sign of the sunglasses or joggers, but did manage to get 2 blazers 2 bow ties and 2 pairs of shoes. i think they should have had people queuing in a orderly fashion it was all so unorganized, and people just pushed their way in. but happy i got most of the things i wanted i guess

Jinadaze that dress looks amazing on you. I didn't like it when I saw it in the store but it looks great on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->