The September Issue : A Vogue / Anna Wintour Documentary

ShesElectric

Reaction score
A&E IndieFilms and R.J. Cutler are to shoot a feature-length documentary chronicling the making of Vogue's September issue. Cutler had approached Wintour in 2004 and will direct the untitled pic which will be shot over eight months as Wintour prepares the fall fashion issue, known in the industry as the "fashion bible". The filmmakers plan to have it completed in 2008 .The issue in question is 13% content.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Good news? I'm assuming this will be a cable documentary.

I'm not the biggest fan of Anna['s hair].

Good news? I'm assuming this will be a cable documentary.

I'm not the biggest fan of Anna['s hair].

No it isn't a cable documentary...A&E Indie Films is the theatrical divison of A&E...the documentary will be released in time to make the festival circuit next year:flower:

Oh, thank you for that! Some of us "underclassmen" still need help getting around these things...

i hope it's not boring..
so many of these things are...
they sound like they are goinng to be intersting...
but people always behave differently in front of the camera....

many fashion people are actually VERY camera shy...
and anna has always been SO stiff in every single interview or vid i have ever seen....

watching her is about as interesting as watching paint dry..
:rolleyes:...
she always looks the same and she has very little personality in public...
way too 'controlled'...

i have no idea if what she may be like in her personal life...
perhaps she is a laugh riot and the life of the party...
but at work...:ermm:...not so much...

:innocent:...

*you know i'm still gonna watch it though..
:wink:...

:P

^^Hahah she is very controlled,rigid even.But i just find her fascinating,the BBC docu about her was very interesting,if you can forgive Plum Sykes tallking about the shock she expirienced when she had her thighs waxed. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Hahah she is very controlled,rigid even.But i just find her fascinating,the BBC docu about her was very interesting,if you can forgive Plum Sykes tallking about the shock she expirienced when she had her thighs waxed. :ninja:

Boss Woman:woot:I saw that too about 5 years ago...I have to transfer it over from video to DVD & get it up on youtube:lol:^_^:flower:

I honestly thought this was dead the water...but it seems to be on track for release...

source | hollywood reporter | feb 8th

...A&E will continue boarding several projects a year (including R.J. Cutler's upcoming Anna Wintour examination) and offering what it says is a rarity in the indie film world...
:flower:

Source | Women's Wear Daily

VOGUE, THE MOVIE: The films in competition at the next Sundance Film Festival won’t be announced until the middle of this week, but insiders are already saying that R.J. Cutler’s documentary about Vogue has a good shot at making the cut. Announced in December 2006, the documentary was produced by A&E Indie Films and focused on the preparation for the magazine’s September 2007 issue, with the full cooperation of editor in chief Anna Wintour and staff. A spokesman for Vogue referred a reporter to Cutler, whose spokeswoman said he was traveling and couldn’t be reached.

^ thanks for posting! I'm hoping for an insider's view on Anna Wintour :shifty: I need to know how that woman operates.

It made it :woot:

Sundance 2009 competition lineup
Dec 3, 2008, 04:00 PM ET

The September Issue (Director: R.J. Cutler)
With unprecedented access, R.J. Cutler and his crew shot for nine months as they captured Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and her team preparing the 2007 Vogue September issue, widely accepted as the "fashion bible" for the year's trends.
source | the hollywood reporter

Just saw the news at NYMag! I'm so excited!

(I'm going to try to forget that I won't actually see the film for another year...)

I can not wait to see this, wish there was at least a little trailer/preview of it. :shifty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->