theFashionSpot's project runway game

Status
Not open for further replies.
:woot: :woot: :woot: JR1 this is a terrific idea! And I love your entry too! I hope I have a little time tonight to do mine... hmmmm

Wow! Excellent work so far everyone... I'm working on my comments/reviews as we go so they'll be ready to post on Friday, and am working on my designs also... so I should be posting mine tomorrow or the next day!

Sieriyu, I don't really see it as necessary to start a whole new thread with a list of the contestants, because I'm sure different people will be joining with each new theme, or deciding not to, etc... And there's no way to stop the conversations and comments... So as long as everything's on topic I think we can keep the thread as is?:flower: What do you think?

finalfashion I'm dying to see yours! :bounce:

Ok... here's my version! I just did it quickly so it's not really the best I can do :blush:

I was inspired by womens costume in fine art in 18th century europe. It's a mini baby doll with "watteau" pleats at the back, and three tiered sleeves from a little later in the same century...

Same century as JR1 but a different take, eh?

I imagine it in a very plain, stiff fabric like a taffeta or a stiff satin...
I don't often design fancy dresses so this is a bit of a departure.

93892578_84b0996a8f_o.jpg

you can see a watteau painting here:
http://www.wga.hu/art/w/watteau/antoine/2/21enseig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
finalfashion said:
Ok... here's my version! I just did it quickly so it's not really the best I can do :blush:

I was inspired by womens costume in fine art in 18th century europe. It's a mini baby doll with "watteau" pleats at the back, and three tiered sleeves from a little later in the same century...

Same century as JR1 but a different take, eh?

I love yours finalfashion, and I think your take on it is amazing, because I know I probably would never have thought of that! :flower::woot:

thanks JR1 ^_^

Just to be a nerd though, I was wrong earlier about our inspiration being the same century. Napoleon was the early 19th century, whereas Watteau painted during the early-mid 18th century :blush:

I love your drawing style finalfashion, and very interesting dress.

Wow, this sounds like such a fun game ^_^ is it too late for me to join? I can really picture this outfit thing from the 70s...

Yay!

I've started already. I was going to post mine anyway, even if you guys rejected me:lol:

I also am looking forward to it :heart:

Mine's almost finished!

^ :woot: I cant wait!

I was looking in my notpad where I did the first sketch of my design, and I realised I forgot to put a big black bow on the back of my design :doh:

I've got most of the reviews done, and I'll just wait for Hye Park Lover - can't wait to see it. :wub:

I'll probably be back later this evening to post the winner then, and hopefully post mine! I've run out of batteries so I'll try to pick some up... :flower:

Im really looking forward to seeing yours Cosette, I bet it will be fantastic :heart:

Yes yes so so so sorry, I've been really busy but I'm colouring mine in as I speak (type....sort of). It will be scanned pronto, sorry for holding everyone up!:shock:

^You're not holding anyone up! No need to rush :flower: And hey, remember I'm like five hours behind you over here, so you've got lots of time^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->