Thom Browne Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Feel like the models had to walk that slow for safety in those shoes, then it was masked as theatricality and drama.

One thing about Thom, he's got his vision down, and will expand it.

Olympic theme with the bronze, silver and gold jacket at the end, love those three looks best.
The rest who is buying? I guess his RTW business must be doing insanely well to support this vanity show

Lately its very hard for me towatch an entire runway show not sure if its the way they are presented the monotonous music or too many looks but I had to wait for the finale and the clothes were actually interesting still with the Grecian olympic theme.

i have a soft spot for his couture and everytime he does something with a strong pov. The silhouettes and techniques here are way more complex than his past showing. need some time to digest the details.

well I like his menswear but his couture show always making me confused...

I really and sincerely dislike this! And with the highest passion. It’s just messy, excessive, complicated and pretentious for no reasons.

There are 3 good looks and they are the end but for the rest, it’s terrible and pointless.

A waste of ressources for me. I don’t even want to develop on it, I just hate it!

His "couture" collections always look like a child of Guo Pei and Rei Kawakubo suffering from stiff person syndrome.
He really is the American Guo Pei!! Ded.

I truly hate his work. It is so labored and so tortured. I know he’s been doing this kind of collection for forever, but it always feels like it’s coming out of left field…like what????

Also - please let’s not feed Jordan Roth’s delusions anymore. Keep him off the runway.

Last edited:
VERY Viktor & Rolf. Overwrought and beaten to death.

But there is vision (several actually), which I always appreciate.

I only like the last 3 looks, the rest frankly is quite too much.

The worst thing about this collection is being excessive just for the sake of being excessive. More is more, it’s tiring. Everything is too much. Every detail is screaming at you for attention. I hate this kind of “ I live for the drama” mentality when it comes to couture. They're so heavy-handed and loud yet they have nothing to say.

I wonder what is his goal for the couture line. If it were only for the red carpet and the drama so he could sell his basic merchandise then he could forget about it.
Also, his RTW show has already become more and more of a spectacle does he really need couture for attention.
And the fact that a lot of models also carry his dog bags already tells me his intention.

OMg! How dare he present this bullsh*t! It’s not couture!! An abomination!!! Not like the old times!!! Let’s just get it out of the way….

There are some amazing textiles and fabrics. But every look is 3 in one. I’m a sucker for gradualism in fabrics but it can be smoother. Given how couture is diminishing more and more, some of the big names are stuck in a rut, it’s a more than welcome collection. It’s great to see how a designer makes a deliberate decision to play with fabric when doing a collection with the same color.

I would love to see the final products which surely will be simplified. it’s going to take a well seasoned couture buyer to break this down. You can bet any of the white coats will look amazing. He should be snatching Chanel customers away, but it won’t be the ones who just show up and order a head to toe look in their size for the hype of the name which mainly makes up the posts in the Couture Clients thread here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->