Time Magazine Person Of The Year 2023 : Taylor Swift by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Taylor reminds me a lot of Angela Lindvall, obviously without the same talent for posing for cameras... I thought the photos were terrible, but I never expect anything good from Inez & Vinoodh.

I love the first and second covers from the instagram posts above. Inez and Vinoodh were a great choice for the photo shoot and a total surprise. TIME is ending their big anniversary year on a high note.

Did she have a mic on the second pic and they photoshoped it out? the hand looks so stiff...

I'm so used to see her with the fringe that she even looks weird now without it. Also now I can't unsee an imaginary mic in her hand 😭

love her but big no with that, i mean her can look better

There's something... interesting in her decision here to go against the grain of how people typically present themselves in the 2020s.

It's like pictures of someone from the very early 90s. The hair and the make-up have the feeling of a time when people weren't so conscious of the camera, and concentrated more on just being themselves, and didn't curate their appearance with the idea that every moment in your life has to be a performance.

Except, in her life, every moment is. It's calculated carelessness.

I don't like any of the cover photos and I blame Inez and Vinoodh. We know Taylor can photograph beautifully and yet she looks uncomfortable in all three.

All three covers feels static, lifeless and devoid of any emotion but I’ve seen worse. Quite frankly, I’ve never fallen in love with any of Taylor Swift’s magazine work, with the firm exception of one photograph by Craig McDean from British Vogue.

I&V have really lost it, uh? 3 bad pictures or a somewhat easy to photograph singer/ celebrity.

It's wild how Time magazine used to be so important, and essential. Those days are long gone.
It's hard to dislike Taylor, because she genuinely seems like a cool person, but she is the very definition of vanilla.
She's at her white hot peak right now, and can do no wrong, in the eyes of many, so respect the hustle.

Yeah I&V lost their touch; boring girl and boring photography.

serious question, is that her cat? or just a model cat? cause ragdolls are not this cooperative in my experience.

2023 PERSON OF THE YEAR
Photography:
Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styling: Heidi Bivens
Hair: Holli Smith
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Model/Celebrity: Taylor Swift

time.com

serious question, is that her cat? or just a model cat? cause ragdolls are not this cooperative in my experience.
On their instagram under the Taylor/cat cover, Inez and Vinoodh write that the cat's name is Benjamin Button. They don't write who's cat it is. Maybe theirs?

It's wild how Time magazine used to be so important, and essential. Those days are long gone.
It's hard to dislike Taylor, because she genuinely seems like a cool person, but she is the very definition of vanilla.
She's at her white hot peak right now, and can do no wrong, in the eyes of many, so respect the hustle.
Time magazine may no longer be important or essential, but it is still a great magazine.

I think it's funny that almost every fashion cover that shows armpits is horribly photoshopped, yet they still persist in letting the subjects show their pits

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->