Gucci S/S 2015 Milan

The strongest pieces were the dresses IMO--Anja's second exit was gorgeous. But I'm vomming over the denim sailor pants and the overuse of jeans in general...:sick:

Those denim looks should have been left in the 70s where they belong. So literal and distracting when there are elements of this collection that are pleasant and could have been expanded on instead of those denim pieces. I just don't know why we're in the middle of a mom jeans revival...

The cropped culottes and furred/feathered pieces are atrocious, but everything else is lovely.

I liked the clothes. a few misses, but overall a nice beautiful collection. the cast - well, thanks for not continuing the diversity initiative that started in NYFW.

It's a nice collection but a bit too low-key compared to the last few. Over the past several years Gucci has become a really recognizable brand continuously being in Top 3 featured brands on covers and on celebrities and I don't think I see the star power in this one. They'll probably push it, as always, though, but I don't think it's going to translate that well.

Totally not impressed, very boring indeed.

Much better than last season, but as others have mentioned it feels much more geared towards winter than spring.

I really like this...:unsure::crush:...I tend to agree it's one of her better collections...
...and the shoes are gorgeous...

Really hit and miss, the opening three or so looks were great but then it descended into a mess of multicoloured fur, denim and leather.

Hate the denims (their cut is really unappealing and uflattering), love the chinoiserie-ish dresses at the end. It's not something that warrants a lot of reaction from me, but it's decent.

I was not impressed. Even last season was better. I'm just over this whole boho/Pocahontas/70s, especially when it's so heavyhanded. I'd rather Gucci have some sex appeal.

^I agree. I think its time for Frida to add elements of sex appeal in her collections, and not trying to constantly reconstruct a retro era with archival pieces.

I had to look up at the topic again because this collection looks like a fall-winter to me. I think when she does her best when she makes a pared down/simple and clean collection. This is just not working. But I appreciate her try though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->