tomford.com

this month's german vogue has an interview with tom ford. tf says that for black orchid, he teamed up with a "wonderful, old, swiss, gentleman who dedicated his life to finding and cultivating very rare orchids, especially the hard to come by black ones." this gentleman cultivated the orchid for the fragrance, there are only four worldwide, now named ... how? yes, that's right, named Tom Ford! :flower:
tf says he wants one black orchid of the sort for each of his shops. in the year 2032, he'll have made it.
in addition to the black orchid fragrance, tf will be releasing 12 exclusive maitre parefumeur perfumes next spring. he claims those won't be for everybody but for those who specialize in the art of perfume. he lists gardenia, tabac, eau fraiche and "the smell of leather shoes" as some of the mentioned.
please excuse my lacking the proper vocabulary :blush:

I like Tom Ford's Gucci days but I've read interviews with him in Vanity Fair and Vogue and he doesn't sound so nice.

it's probably his aesthetic that they're looking forward too. he might be doing a mix of sartorial italian edge with bespoke tailoring elements but in his own tom ford way. the aesthetic that was present in gucci might be present here. sex...love...lust..power...tom's aesthetic that was injected into both Gucci and YSL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socksluvr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->