Toni Garrn

Ann Taylor

10455294_10152513809748142_3181631214067903667_n.jpg

facebook/ AnnTaylor

S Moda June 21 2014 by Henrique Gendre

smoda.elpais.com

Interview translated by google translate; it's not a very good translation, but you get the meaning and it's rather interesting.
In early 2012, Toni Garrn (21 years) re-entered the ranking of the 50 most coveted models models.com, a list in which mannequins ranks up or down depending on the amount of covers and campaigns that perform as well as contracts and publishers. Then, she was 19 and jumped straight to number 20. Three years earlier, in 2009, just 16, her name had already made it into the 22nd. How much do you care about moving up or down? "I think that a client hires a girl based on her talent and won't look for a classification that is published on the Internet," says Garrn. "I always try to not let any third party opinion exert any pressure on my work. I'd go crazy if I had to be aware of such things; It is a waste of time. "

It is not usual, but with only 14 years Garrn eventually worked in New York. "In the time I've been at the agency, I don't remember that young girls," says Marta Mota, Women Management agent. "The average age of starting revolves around 17" she points out. 'However, in France the rules are strict. Minors can only accept specific projects some weekends and holiday periods, so they don't interfere with their studies. In fact, July is, for us, the best month to assess their involvement and see if you really are interested in being part of this business. Keeping in mind that they are still children and that on their side must always be a person or a family agency "he explains. "[During the first stage, when I was younger], everyone was helpful and compressive me" confirms Garrn. "My mother always worried about everything related to school; and I defended within the family because he believed in me. And the agency, as well. My career is profiled little by little, always respecting the school agenda. I was very clear about my age and could not afford to see me as an adult too soon."

However, according to a study by the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS for its acronym in French), a teenager's self-esteem does not depend on your own personal values, but much of that prevail in the culture in which one lives. And today the company may impose a canon of beauty too demanding. "At 14, I tried not to take things personally. Because in this business you are judged by the physical, and that's something you can not change,"says Garrn. "It is very clear to her that she lives after the image the industry creates, and she does care; but she doesn't obsess about it. She is not a girl who will stop eating in order to fit in a haute couture gown. She has a healthy relationship with her body, "confirms Marta Mota. "In any case, she knows that she is too tall for the catwalk [measured 1.83 cm]; therefore, runway was never her goal. And the truth is that she is doing very well. She doesn't fit into the canon of couture either. There are other girls: thinner and standard height, " she continued.

She was discovered during the World Cup which was held in his hometown of Hamburg in 2006. Two years later, she signed an exclusive contract with Calvin Klein. "Let's say starting from zero. I had never considered the possibility of becoming a model. But it was to put one foot in fashion and I automatically started to become more and more interested in what it had, which was to basically try on the most amazing clothes day after day. And as I've grown up in this industry, I have been slowly learning naturally. "

"Besides being supermodels, we can not forget that they are people. Each has her own personality. And often, the process of adaptation to gear this business depends on the country of origin. The U.S., for example, know very well how the industry works. It is part of their culture. Also Russian. But not always, "says Mota. And in the case of Garrn? "She is professional, responsible and very intelligent. Also has a sense of humor. Working with her is fun. She's a clown, "she says fondly. "Intelligence can assist in the career of a model, but also learn to laugh at everything", thinks the model.

Among the most powerful. «Garrn was destined to become a machine to make millions," they say of her models.com. His name appears in the ranking The Money Girls (in which only enter the major cash). Adored by the most prestigious photographers (Craig McDean Mario Testino), became German in May 2013 in order to other flashes, more uncomfortable: those of the paparazzi, willing to do anything to capture a scene with Leonardo DiCaprio her boyfriend. How does a girl get used to life as a topic in prime time programs? "I try to ignore as much as possible because I know you are able to say anything to entertain the audience," he explains. "Paying attention to this sort of thing is useless. Although I find it difficult sometimes to read some of the news that are written about me," she admits.

In her Instagram account no selfie appears with the actor. Instead, photos of her trips, you can sense their commitment to solidarity. "Social networks are a means of claim activist; they allow me to stay connected with the world and share impressions', defends Garrn. "At the moment I'm involved in a humanitarian project in Africa, still I can not speak about it", she continues. Any thoughts about Angela Merkel? "I feel very proud that Germany has a woman in front of the chancellery. In fact, I think there should be more females in positions of political responsibility. I am happy to be part of a country in this sense is an example for the world, " she says.

In Brazil, where this photo shoot took place, it also governs a woman. However, within hours of the World, there protests against inequality continue to threaten the tournament. "In just two days, with the full schedule of commitments, I saw very little. The country is huge! Just remember the delicious fruit "account. "I do not believe in strict diets. Everyone has cravings. For me, the important thing is knowing what to eat and use specific ingredients to create a routine. In my case, that meant eliminating dairy and meat. What I could never remove from my diet are sweets and chocolate "she admits. And a milkshake? "My favorite is the almond milk, banana and spinach. While I like change."

When the lights are turned off at the hotel, Toni Garrn becomes. "I love heels, but as I am rather wear giant flat shoes.I am fascinated sneakers! And I think I must have 15 pairs of sweatpants. For me it is the best item after a day between sewing "he says. Her friend Karlie Kloss and she is perhaps the highest on the catwalk. Advantage or disadvantage?? "In this profession, plays to be high. A Karlie and I always play us longer dresses that closed the parades. While I recognize that sometimes the monkeys thing is complicated and just walking hunched if throwing too short. "

she is giving me aaaaalllll kinds of mid-90s Karen Mulder on that S-Moda cover. Just supremely gorgeous!

^totally agree^_^

She also reminds me of Carolyn Murphy, especially on her WSJ magazine cover + editorial <click here> They're like two peas in a pot:shock:

HQs

Cover + cover story "Juego De Contrastes" ("Game of Contrasts") for S Moda 21st June 2014

Photographer: Henrique Gendre
Stylist: Empar Prieto
Hair + Make-up: Henrique Martins
Text: Noelia Collado

Model: Toni Garrn

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com via meidude

New boring Peter Hahn F/W 14.15 pics are out...

I don't get it, this time they use Toni, Anna S., Constance and Isabeli like the years before, but new to the cast are Natasha Poly and Arizona amongst others. Why do they pay a fortune for their models when they can't come up with even one decent catalog pic?

It's what she shot in Munich and Mallorca in January, in case anybody wonders.

peterhahn.de

Sometimes I feel like her beauty is wasted.... she literally looks exactly the same in every photo.

^ yeah, but everyone's beauty is wasted for Peter Hahn :rolleyes:

Some I missed:

peterhahn.de

^sounds great, always happy to see her on the runway! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"